Maggies Mum HEEELLLLLP!!!!!!!!

• Toni - Northland
13 years 9 months ago #14497 by Toni - Northland
Maggies Mum HEEELLLLLP!!!!!!!! was created by Toni - Northland
Well, who else was I going to ask.[^] I have spilt red wine on my grey carpet. I have soaked it with wet tea towels and now have paper towels on it. What else do I need to do to stop it staining the carpet???????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #222523 by terralee
[:0][:0][:0]soda water (fizzy)works well .....or even just lots of cold water ... pour on lots and just keep throwing towels onto it and walking on towels till it is all soaked up and stain gone.[^]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
13 years 9 months ago #222525 by Cate
Replied by Cate on topic Maggies Mum HEEELLLLLP!!!!!!!!
MM would have said "suck " !!!!! [}:)] or throw white wine on it was the old standby but she wouldn't throw good white wine away [;)]

Cate

• Toni - Northland
13 years 9 months ago #222526 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Maggies Mum HEEELLLLLP!!!!!!!!
Off to throw more cold water onto it. I put the glass on the floor, then stood up from the sofa, right on top of the bloody glass, what a waste.:(

More
13 years 9 months ago #222530 by beedee
Yes white wine does the trick.. you have been quiet lately, wondering wotcha up to!!!! now trying to catch up to the number of empty casks, MM has since she take the prize for the number of posts ;)

More
13 years 9 months ago #222533 by betenoir
Trainee T.W.A.T signing in.[;)]..but expert wine spiller[:I]. Chuck some salt on it..it soaks up the red..then when that gets saturated chuck some more salt on it...repeat until salt stays white. If theres any residue left there is a very goos stain remover (think its napisan or similer brand) comes in a two part pink bottle...shifts anything :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

• Toni - Northland
13 years 9 months ago #222535 by Toni - Northland

beedee;197838 wrote: Yes white wine does the trick.. you have been quiet lately, wondering wotcha up to!!!! now trying to catch up to the number of empty casks, MM has since she take the prize for the number of posts ;)

Working to pay off the fridge, the heat pumps, get some money aside for doing the grounds, AND spilling/wasting red wine all over my new carpet in my new house.

More
13 years 9 months ago #222538 by Pumpkingirl
I've used the salt trick, it works incredibly well, and then once it stops turning red, you just vacuum it up. In my case, the stain was on brand new cream carpet in a rental property, hence my extreme paranoia.

However, the idiot flatmate (the most dense person I have EVER met) who was drinking red wine on brand new cream carpet that didn't belong to her, swore by the salt trick and I had to grudgingly put aside my need to thump her and admit you couldn't see the stain afterwards. It took a while though, salt was added over the course of about an hour or so.

• maggies mum
13 years 9 months ago #222702 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Maggies Mum HEEELLLLLP!!!!!!!!
Oops! Sorry I'm a bit late aren't I!

If you do it again, soak up as much red wine with kitchen towel, then pour white wine on it and keep sucking it up!

Of course this is a damned waste of wine and I would suggest you be a bit more bloody careful next time yer silly ole biddy! :D:D

Perhaps these tips should be added to TWATS

More
13 years 9 months ago #222779 by moggy
There are several commcially available products which do work. I have used the one in the pink bottle(oxyclean is it?) but found a better and cheaper one in a yellow spray bottle - completely gets rid of red wine almost instantly.

• Toni - Northland
13 years 9 months ago #222787 by Toni - Northland
Ta folks, got it out with the cold water. Phew!

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds