Unusual pet names

More
15 years 7 months ago #221439 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic Unusual pet names
Steer called 'Loopy Fruit'
Duck called " Ducky Duck Duck"
Cows called " Baby" "Scarey" "Cuddle Bums" "Stupid" "MooMoo"
Pet lambs called 'Piglet' & 'Boomer'
Steer called "Sucky" (reared as a feeder and sucked ya gumboots clothers etc)
Hens called "Little Bitch" "Sparkles"
Sheep called "Tinkle Tinkle"

All other animlas either have no name or just plain boring names...

Jan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #221448 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Unusual pet names
Our cat's official name is 'Crash' - however she goes by Mog.
Run Rooster.
Lucy Moo which got changed to Arsey Moo, and now just Arsey.
Oska gets called twiddles, whizzo and other not so polite names.
Old horse gets called doofus.
Young horse gets called Wiggy.
Arsey Moo's calf is called stew, but is mainly called ' that f**ken little sh*t of a calf, he bluddy better taste good'
Ernie the sheep gets called 'fat b*stard'

More
15 years 7 months ago #221483 by Angie
Replied by Angie on topic Unusual pet names
One of my sheep is called Eric the Viking (his ears used to stick up like little horns on a viking helmet) and another is Maggie-Cook-in-the-Pot. Madge for short. The rest have food related names like Stewie and Cazza (casserole)

Echo Ridge - Dexters, Sheepies and Labradors

"Don't wait for the light to appear at the end of the tunnel. Stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!" - Sarah Henderson

More
15 years 7 months ago #221485 by simon@sue
Replied by simon@sue on topic Unusual pet names
Our two cats are some years apart and were both named by our daughter and reflect her interests at the different stages of her life. The oldest is Pebbles (the lolly not the flinstones character) and the youngest is sambucca :)

4 acres with Garage/sleepout, a pond with ducks and frogs, lots of trees ready to burst into life in spring and lots of garden beds.

• Pergle's Wood
15 years 7 months ago #221505 by Pergle's Wood
Replied by Pergle's Wood on topic Unusual pet names
Some of our freezer fodder have names..... Rump, T Bone, Stewing, and one really nice looking Heifer that is a dark red colour referred to as "Hearthrug".

As a group they are referred to as "The Girls" or if they are being fractious, "The little Effers"

We are planning on another three cats soon. To be named Fubar, Snafu, and Dilligaf.

More
15 years 7 months ago #221537 by Valmai
Replied by Valmai on topic Unusual pet names
Well, I once had a rooster named Princess.

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
15 years 7 months ago #221538 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Unusual pet names
I forgot all about the poultry names!! My daughter names nearly every she hand rears, so there are a lot of named birds, even ones that get eaten. We've got hens named Sheila, Patricia, Saffron, to name a few, and roosters named Bernard, Mr. Big, Barney, Sebastian, Chelsea (thought he was a girl), Sydney to name a few more, and some pet ducks named Geoffrey, Alfalfa (Alfie for short), Alistair, and Francis (as in Sir Francis Drake).

Andrea
Oxford

More
15 years 7 months ago #221544 by sundaysbest
Replied by sundaysbest on topic Unusual pet names
One of my doves was called Salmonella
My dear old cat was called Muppett, and our cat now is named after the dog biscuits Tux.
I have three hens I call "The Supremes" and one Bantam called "Sitting"
A goat called "Butters"

Not too interesting....
Sundays :)

More
15 years 7 months ago #221562 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Unusual pet names
Lambs called Dumbarse and Poobum [}:)]

Ewe called Patrick Piglet :D

A friend of mine had a calf she rescued after it fell off a trailer, she raised it for the freezer and called it Bunty. It became such a pain in the neck that the name underwent a one letter change (hint: the first letter) which stuck with it until its last day [}:)][}:)][}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• chooky
15 years 7 months ago #221568 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic Unusual pet names
We have got a duck called Nigella . Don't know why really - she just looked like a Nigella ( well not really :D ).

More
15 years 7 months ago #221646 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic Unusual pet names
Tigger ...Please please tell me how your ewe got Patrick Piglet. I cant stop laughing when i read it!

Jan

More
15 years 7 months ago #221655 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic Unusual pet names
When I was growing up we had a litter of kittens - their names being Tiddler (for obvious reasons!) Paleface ( tiddlers twin who had a slightly paler face!) Baby ( the last born and fluffy with it), there was another one that I can't remember the name of and then there was This One. I remember Mum taking them to the vets and the vet asking what this one's name was, Yes said Mum. Vet - so what's this ones name? Mum - it is actually This One............
We have one sheep with a 'different' name IggyPop and our heifer's name is Jordis. Where she came from the daughter used to earn her money by raising 1/2 dozen calfs herself and Jordis' lot were named after some of those from that Rock Star programme.....

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
15 years 7 months ago #221675 by digby
Replied by digby on topic Unusual pet names
our dog Anna's pedigree name is really Anarexic
also in the "F" year Mary. the sheep, had quads - Fe, Fi, Fo and Fum

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
15 years 7 months ago #221677 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Unusual pet names

Jan;196841 wrote: Tigger ...Please please tell me how your ewe got Patrick Piglet. I cant stop laughing when i read it!

Jan, I really have no idea, she was a real food guzzler and got the name Piglet at first, and the Patrick just followed as an add-on - there is absolutely no logic to it whatsoever! :D However, by general use its now been shortened to Patrick and that is what hubby and I call her...

She is also an extremely loud lady, who starts up this gargling yell whenever we arrive as she expects food. If you are too close when she decides to yell she certainly leaves your ears ringing :( she can also yell while eating, which must be a particular skill [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• chooky
15 years 7 months ago #221704 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic Unusual pet names
Don't you find that after naming a pet that their name just seems to suit them and you can't imagine calling them anything else ( I guess it works for your children as well[}:)]).
Some asked why I called my mini horse Dougal . When I got him his name was Lone Hawk - it just did not suit him so after a few days I thought he looks like a Dougal to me . Proabably got on that track as his mane parts like that Dougal on the Magic Roundabout. I also renamed my other horse . She was called Moon when I got her and is now Rosie .

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds