Copying to a CD

More
13 years 10 months ago #14355 by Ronney
Copying to a CD was created by Ronney
Everybody else seems to be able to do this except me:confused:

I found the how-to instructions but no matter what I do it doesn't work. It comes up with a window saying a problem has been encountered but doesn't go on to say what the problem is. I would have thought it would have been as easy as copying to a floppy but it seems not.

Can somebody help me please :)

Cheers,
Ronnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #220729 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Copying to a CD
we use Nero - what are you trying to use. I recall I had a similar probelm for a long time

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 10 months ago #220744 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Copying to a CD
Nero InCD does indeed work just like a floppy so long as you are using CD-RWs.

If you are using Windows XP, it works a little differently. A window pops up with the files that are ready to be written to the CD. You then click one of the side menu options to write the files, or you can Format or Erase the disc first.

If you are getting error messages, it sounds to me as though the drivers for your CD or DVD writer have not been installed. Either that, or your CD/DVD drive is faulty.

The simplest type of disc to use is a CD-R, as it doesn't require any formatting etc. Try one of these first, and if that works, go to the next step up which is a CD-RW. Format it, and then try to write some files to it.

Finally, if both of the above work, go for broke and try a DVD-R or DVD-RW. You will need to use Nero or whatever software came with your drive in order to do this.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,
Grant.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
13 years 10 months ago #220870 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic Copying to a CD
Thanks for the replies.

It turns out that it's probably several things. A few days prior to me zapping the computer, the DVD/CD decided not to play but didn't have time to get it fixed before I cooked it's brain. Up to that point Nero had been installed but I wasn't too good at working that either:rolleyes:.

When I got the computer back last week the DVD/CD had been replaced but I hadn't noticed that Nero was no longer on it until I came to back up accounts this morning. I assumed Windows would take over.

Grant, I had been doing pretty much as you instructed and in the end gave up and rang Dean. He's going to reinstall Nero although I still don't understand why I can't use Windows. Sometimes I wish computers had never been invented[}:)] - I just do not understand how their brains work at all.

Cheers,
Ronnie

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds