I'm Back!

More
13 years 10 months ago #14312 by Ronney
I'm Back! was created by Ronney
Not that I've been anywhere and not that I expect that anybody noticed I had disappeared and nor would I expect them to. I've spent 9 days computerless as a salutory lesson on not what to do with your computer[:0] - do not open emails and then follow links. It cooked the computers brain and caused no end of trouble for my computer techo but he was able to save all the important stuff.

It's been 9 days when nearly everything I touched turned to dust. The same day I knocked my iron off the ironing board - on to a concrete floor!
I hauled the sewing machine out to make some farm trousers and it decided to play up and the cordless phone got picky about which numbers I could dial.

PeeWee Pig had to be put down. Not a hard decision in some ways but she was a pet pig, a character and totally useless. She had quite a story behind her and will be missed. She was 10 and given her inauspicious beginnings, she had reached a good age. Because it is so wet here, digging a hole to bury her was out of the question to Kevin took her to a bush job he had to do and the machine operator dug a hole and she probably had the biggest funeral a pig has ever had - log truck drivers, skidder drivers, machine operators etc. all looking on. So she rests in the Aupouri Forest with a sapling pine planted on top of her :)

Then all the stock on the run-off went AWOL after a pine from the forestry block next door fell and crushed the fence line. Last seen, they were in the 500hectare forestry block and we had no way of mustering them out of there - it's rough country. So got a chap with a horse, dogs, and cattle crate to muster them out and transport them back to the home farm. Except they weren't in the forestry block anymore, they had travelled some 10kms to a neighbours farm and were mixed up with two mobs of his cattle. To cut a long story short, it took 9 hours, 3 men and two dogs to get these cattle home. The men, dogs, horse and cattle were thick with mud and all of them looked like nothing on earth. Because of the wet it's impossible to get in to fix the fence hence the reason for bringing them home and from there they were to go to the Kaikohe sale. That happened but imagine my chargin when the stock agent rang to say one hadn't been sold because it had lost it's primary ear tag. By law, nothing can be sold through sale yards without a primary ear tag and has to be trucked back to the farm. It's actually gone to the stock agents farm and he will on-sell it, no doubt keeping a bit back for himself but hey, I don't have the grass and he's gone the bit extra so he's entitled to something.

And to top it off, I collected the mail today and dropped the lot into a great big puddle as I was trying to shut the gate. Sod it!

And I forgot to mention that we flooded once good and proper and nearly did a second time but both times required the moving of stock and the first time saw non milking of cows. Neither helped the quagmire that in better times I have called a farm.

Cheers,
Ronnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #220062 by Pumpkingirl
Replied by Pumpkingirl on topic I'm Back!
Wow, Ronnie, it's hard to know what to say really. Bugger doesn't really cover it.

I'm sorry to hear about PeeWee, but how lovely that she had such a good send-off.

It's lovely to have you back in the "land of the living", so to speak. I was without my computer last night, and was most bereft. Actually had to ring and talk to people.

More
13 years 10 months ago #220073 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic I'm Back!
Yes we had missed you, and was hoping it was only slightly flooded and so you were just on the list of reconnections.. BUT as we have all come to expect, you never have a dull life.
I can just imagine the funeral.. amazed TV3 werent there recording it.. and yes dropping ones mail in the puddle seems to be a favourite pasttime for me also, and since most are fliers and bills I just wait for the next weeks to come and then deal with it.
heres sending you the midnight fairies wish and spell. .May september bring you peace, boredom and tranquility

More
13 years 10 months ago #220083 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic I'm Back!
As long as you're comfortable that the funeral went as you were told, and there wasn't more 'wake' with a large barbecue than 'burial'. [}:)]

More
13 years 10 months ago #220086 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic I'm Back!
Glad to have you back, assumed you had been flooded out (again) but sounds like a right round of dramas hitting all at once! :o

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• chooky
13 years 10 months ago #220090 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic I'm Back!
Gosh Ronney - it sounds like you wouldn't have had the time to come on LSB anyway with all the dramas you have had. Hope this coming week is less eventful.[^]

• maggies mum
13 years 10 months ago #220105 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic I'm Back!
Flippin' 'eck Ronney thats a bit of a to do innit!

I did notice that you hadn't posted after a comment Isla made the other day, she mentioned you and then said you remember Ronney she used to post on here! ;)

More
13 years 10 months ago #220107 by kate
Replied by kate on topic I'm Back!
Welcome back and I hope your life gets a little less stressful.... :D :D

Web Goddess

More
13 years 10 months ago #220111 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic I'm Back!
OMG what fun [;)]

More
13 years 10 months ago #220118 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic I'm Back!
So you've had your feet up for the last 9 days then[}:)]:rolleyes:[;)]
Welcome back :D spring in a couple of days may we all have a beauty after this soggy old winter :(
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
13 years 10 months ago #220136 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic I'm Back!
Welcome back. My what a sh**** few days that must have been. Chin up your back now and hopefully to a smoother time of things.

More
13 years 10 months ago #220165 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic I'm Back!
Well we did know you were around..somewhere... because Isla mentioned she had talked to you on the phone.

My what a chapter of accidents, far more than the standard 3! I hope that life quietens down a fair bit now, you have had more than your share of excitement for the last 9 days.

Oh, and welcome back!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
13 years 10 months ago #220214 by NZ Appaloosas
Replied by NZ Appaloosas on topic I'm Back!
I guess that's making sure you don't do anything by halves! Hope things quiet down for you.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
13 years 10 months ago #220218 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic I'm Back!
Blimey.....
Welcome back though!

More
13 years 10 months ago #220222 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic I'm Back!
The only fortunate thing is that the neighbours "stock" (a pine tree) damaged the fence, so he is responsible for your stock escaping. Don't fix the fence without lots of photos, so you can make a claim if you want or need to.

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds