Anyone tried this type of meat ??

More
13 years 11 months ago #220087 by reggit
Haven't found any Asian food over here that is anywhere near that exotic! :rolleyes:

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• chooky
13 years 11 months ago #220088 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic Anyone tried this type of meat ??
Well not that you are aware off [}:)][xx(][:0][;)] :D - Those wontons could be up for further investigation ??

More
13 years 11 months ago #220098 by reggit
Having spent a considerable chunk of time inspecting food premises around here and in several other centres in the North Island during my stint as a health inspector, I can state categorically that, contrary to urban legends, I never saw evidence of other than the 'normal' meats on any food premises, nor were the premises of one ethnic group of a lower overall standard in general to other food establishments [}:)] :D

For the weird stuff, you'd need to go to the Wild Food Festivals :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 11 months ago #220129 by Seaside
I wonder if the price per kg is bone in? You'd need a lot of rats to make a kg of boneless meat.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
13 years 11 months ago #220210 by NZ Appaloosas
'Sides, it's only the food places where the mob of feral cats suddenly disappears that you need to worry about...

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
13 years 11 months ago #220368 by jeannielea
Prim are your family in Pnomh Penh or elsewhere? my daughter and SIL went there about 6 weeks ago. He is with ANZ bank. We also hope to go while they're there.

More
13 years 11 months ago #220398 by rob
are these rats organic :D

Rob

More
13 years 11 months ago #220413 by Prim

jeannielea;195441 wrote: Prim are your family in Pnomh Penh or elsewhere? my daughter and SIL went there about 6 weeks ago. He is with ANZ bank. We also hope to go while they're there.

Yes, PP. Perhaps we should organise a LSB 'tour' to Cambodia! I'd also like to visit Vietnam whilst in the neighbourhood. I'd like to think the shopping would be great in both places - so many of the 'labels' are made over there.

(And yes, I know there is debate around whether that is a good thing or not, but I personally believe sweat-shops are better than being sold into s3x, which is about the only alternative for so many of those children :( )

• maggies mum
13 years 11 months ago #220421 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Anyone tried this type of meat ??
Friends of ours have just got back from Hanoi in Vietnam, they had a great time. Some of the group were way out of their comfort zone there though.

More
13 years 11 months ago #220428 by wrangler

rob;195472 wrote: are these rats organic :D

anything living is organic isn't it?:rolleyes:

[:D]puttin the cow in cowboy[}:)]

More
13 years 11 months ago #220432 by kate
Hi Wrangler and welcome to the site :D

You're right, everything living is organic [}:)]

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 11 months ago #220520 by Kiwi303
I don't see rats being any more exotic than larks tongues or blackbird pie, and just look at what our English ancestors ate.

I wouldn't try serving rat pie to Waffles tho.... she might be annoyed :P

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds