IT -Vista/Office

More
13 years 9 months ago #14292 by GBpeter
IT -Vista/Office was created by GBpeter
I have lost the 'recent files' listing in my Office applications.

I have tried rightclicking on Start/Properties/Privacy (show recent files) but that doesn't work - any other way that anyone knows?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #219753 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic IT -Vista/Office
Hi GBP, welcome back :) (haven't seen any posts from you for a while).

Sorry, can't help with your question, but just wanted to say Hi and mention that I now have WD and WDL running as per the info. in my signature.

It's a great setup and I have no problems at all with reliability of FTP or WU updates [8D]

I hope you managed to get your problems sorted out. Sorry this is completely OT for this thread [:I]

More
13 years 9 months ago #219755 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic IT -Vista/Office
double barreled shotgun, fire one barrel into the computer and the other into Bill Gates.

sorry I can't help otherwise, I haven't had to get vista yet and I'm not going to in the forseeable future!

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 9 months ago #219757 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic IT -Vista/Office
Hey you two, with weather data on show, your clocks are out of sync.!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
13 years 9 months ago #219758 by GrantK

Sue;194786 wrote: Hey you two, with weather data on show, your clocks are out of sync.!

My weather software is set to update my web site every minute and then the banner server updates every 15 minutes from my web site.

GBP may have his software set up differently :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #219759 by GBpeter
Replied by GBpeter on topic IT -Vista/Office
Same as Grant - so not sure why mine is an hour out of date (my website is up to date using the same data) but I will try not to stress about it.

Well done Grant - looks good - but you need more location data - type of weatherstation etc :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #219782 by GrantK

GBpeter;194788 wrote: Well done Grant - looks good - but you need more location data - type of weatherstation etc :)

Yep, you are several steps ahead of me (as usual) Peter :p

Interesting that you used the Carter Lake template. I must have a look into that sometime.

My Weather Station is a Honeywell TE923W (aka iROX) brought in second-hand from the USA for NZ$212 all up.

Considering the number of sensors that it has, I am really chuffed at the bang-for-buck factor:

- Outdoor Temperature
- Outdoor Humidity
- Wind Direction
- Wind Speed
- Wind Chill
- Soil Temperature
- Rain Gauge
- UV Sensor
- Indoor Temperature
- Indoor Humidity
- Barometric Pressure

All of these (except the indoor ones obviously) are connected by wireless and I'm very pleased with the range. Much better than the LaCrosse and Oregon Scientific gear that I've used.

More
13 years 9 months ago #219784 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic IT -Vista/Office
Seems you are not alone GBPeter.There is quite a lot of info if you Google this subject. Anything from Tweak UI program and Security at fault. Not sure if a resolution was found but I have Vista and don't have this problem so it must be a setting unticked or something? Ignorance is bliss! Hope you find them.

More
13 years 9 months ago #219868 by GBpeter
Replied by GBpeter on topic IT -Vista/Office
Grant - wow impressed - it will be interesting to see what the durability in Northlands climatic conditions is :)

Didi - yes I did it using Tweak :( I shouldn't play). Solved it by going into regedit and deleting a couple of lines.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds