Dogs - how many are people allowed?

More
15 years 6 months ago #219780 by BillyTheTractor
Ours are all totally inside dogs. They sleep at the foot of our bed and are completely spoiled.

Wee Farm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #219792 by sod
Ours sleep inside:D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
15 years 6 months ago #219809 by Ghilly
When we went to look at that border collie in the pound, someone was supposedly sent out to check our property and make sure we had fences etc.

Once that had been approved, we were given the go ahead to adopt him as soon as he passed a vet check, unfortunately, he went for the vet in a big way and it took several people to control him so we opted not to adopt.

If you sit a dog licence, the registration fees are way cheaper. They have a scale here in Franklin, entire dogs cost more, if you have a licence, you get a discount, if they are spayed or neutered, it's cheaper and if you have them fixed AND have a licence it's even cheaper still.

We sat the licence, which was a bit of a doddle, mainly common sense than anything.

I did notice though, some other people we know sat it at the same time and regardless of what we were taught and how questions in the test were answered, it doesn't stop people from doing things 'the old way' like tying their dogs up all day, proper exercise, especially if they are working dogs locked in kennels and runs instead of working every day.
Types of meat to avoid and cooking it properly etc.
General care of a dog, worming and stuff.

One ex neighbour used to sling a frozen ribcage of a sheep, presumably, on top of the nasty little tin boxes he kept his dogs in. It would lie there for days in the hot summer sun, attracting flies, magpies and rats. He fed this to his dogs eventually but it must have been fair humming by the time they got it. These poor dogs received basic care so animal control had their hands tied... apart from insisting on a few points and taking photos so they had evidence of any improvement, or not, as the case may be. They must have got so hot in those tin boxes in summer and half froze in the winter.

Our dogs are inside dogs, outside when they want but they sleep inside. Oooh we didn't half get stick from the neighbours who kept their dogs outside and thought ALL dogs should live outside.

I was reluctant to pat the one neighbours dogs, their coats were usually dull and felt disgusting. Our dogs have very clean glossy coats that you can run your hands through without any 'ugh' sensation at all..... they sleep on the bed or they have their own bed if they'd rather. They aren't allowed on the couches though...... although Bria usually makes herself comfortable when we aren't watching or go out. She is so clever at sneaking up right under your nose. She almost blends into the couch and makes herself quite small so you can walk right past her and not notice. Usually an "AHEM" and a [}:)] look has her skulking off and onto her lounge bed.

They both have a cheapo red shed foam bed to curl up in in the lounge and they know which bed is theirs. Pilot didn't like her bed in the bedroom but Bria will sleep on either her bed or on my bed, especially if it's cold.

I shouldn't think your wee darlings moult much Sundays? [;)]

I have a blanket on my bed for Bria to sleep on but when I'm not around and she leaps up for a nap, she rakes the blanket back and sleeps on the duvet cover. Tart! For some reason, she not fussed about sleeping on wool. She'll gladly lie on a sheepskin.... and pull great tufts out of it but not wool.

Tonks prefers to sleep either at the foot of the bed... or on my face. This morning she pinched my pillow and I woke up with a brief crick in the neck from sleeping with my head on about 2 inches of pillow. Madam was blissed out and parked in a hollow right smack bang in the middle of it.

Why do we suffer these crooked, broken sleep nights? Waking up in the wee hours feeling all twisted, cramped and trapped? Cos we love our animals and will put up with them cos without them there, there is a certain vacant feeling about the bed. :rolleyes:[;)]

Yakut

More
15 years 6 months ago #219817 by The Kats Place
Just the one, she is a BC so its like having about 3! I'd have more in a flash but hubby isn't keen. When I was in town I had two, a dobermann and a cavalier king charles, both died of old age, 14 and 18 years. I'm not sure what the limit is here for this council.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

• Abbas
15 years 6 months ago #219823 by Abbas
Replied by Abbas on topic Dogs - how many are people allowed?
I have 3, we were allowed 2 up to 10 acres and 3 above that, we are just over thankfully.

I have my mums old girl (mum passed away 5 years ago) and my mad dalmatian and hubbies staffie...

More
15 years 6 months ago #219888 by Andrea1
We have 4, are allowed as many as we'd want in our rural area. Within the residential area, you have to have special dispensation to have more than 2. Ours are also all inside dogs.

Andrea
Oxford

More
15 years 6 months ago #219999 by Bunter
We have 2 (1 Huntaway and 1 LabXHeading Dog) but can have as many as we like, as long as there are no complaints etc. They are inside dogs, especially at the moment ! Outside for some of the day when its fine and we are inside. One sleeps in the garage in crate and one sleeps in the 2nd spare room (its better known as Jakes room) in crate. When we are out they are in kennels/runs outside or with us in Ute. There are rules inside - you sit on your blanket in the lounge, you dont run around or play, you dont annoy people who are sitting quietly or at the table, you dont ask to go out when Coro is on.

Karen
26 Acres South Wairarapa.
1 Dog. 12 yearlings, and 11 weaners ...... hand reared beef x's !

More
15 years 6 months ago #220000 by terralee
Just one beautiful German Shepherd bitch who sleeps inside, rules the roost and is very loved:)
We can have as many as we want too but one is enuff:)
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
15 years 6 months ago #220006 by rob
in Franklin if you have more than 1 dog you need immediate neighbours signatures

Rob

More
15 years 6 months ago #221060 by mikethebike
We have four supposed to be out door dogs but they spend most of the time indoors by the fire! her indoors thinks its too cold in winter to make them sleep in the kennel so they all doss down in the laundry which now consequently smells like a kennel ho hum nearly summer then back outdoors for them! (probably!!) no restrictions here many as we like neighbors got about 10 all working apart from the 1 lap dogXjackrussel.

Mike and Suzi living the lifestyle in sunny central hawkes bay, Still loads of animals oh and we still have our Zebra truck.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds