GOD HELP ME..teenagers GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

More
15 years 6 months ago #14168 by Westermans
My eldest just had a complete spaz out as her tv wont work...OMG..she went mental!! threw things..the lot, i didnt help taking her phone off her either....but she can not behave like that...little sis tells me boyfriend trouble, a tough lesson she will learn many times over im afraid, men are a pain in the ass at times...as are we women :)
So now she is grounded to her room as i may kill her if she comes out...where's the wine!! and they wonder why i drink!!! :D Good job her dad is away or his stress levels would be through the roof..so when he calls later i will say...'yes dear all is well...yes girls are happy...all is well you can relax! if he only knew half of it.
I wonder what i did in a previous life to get a daughter like the one i have...she is pure evil at times and is so hurtful with what she says...she turns me into this horrid person i do not know sometimes...i cant wait for her to grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maggies mum
15 years 6 months ago #218081 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic GOD HELP ME..teenagers GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Lovely ain't they! ;)

Remove TV from room forthwith! No manners No TV! :D

More
15 years 6 months ago #218093 by Dream Weaver

Westermans;192964 wrote: My eldest just had a complete spaz out as her tv wont work...OMG..she went mental!! threw things..the lot, i didnt help taking her phone off her either....but she can not behave like that...little sis tells me boyfriend trouble, a tough lesson she will learn many times over im afraid, men are a pain in the ass at times...as are we women :)
So now she is grounded to her room as i may kill her if she comes out...where's the wine!! and they wonder why i drink!!! :D Good job her dad is away or his stress levels would be through the roof..so when he calls later i will say...'yes dear all is well...yes girls are happy...all is well you can relax! if he only knew half of it.
I wonder what i did in a previous life to get a daughter like the one i have...she is pure evil at times and is so hurtful with what she says...she turns me into this horrid person i do not know sometimes...i cant wait for her to grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a deep breath and a large glass of wine. Yes love them as we do but they can say the most hurtful things. I have always maintained that we can love them dearly but there are certainly times that we do not like them as people. Stick to your guns hard though it is and don't back down.
Console yourself with the thought that maybe ONE day she to will have a daughter just like herself and payback will happen and oh you will be able to sit back and enjoy lol.

More
15 years 6 months ago #218095 by Westermans
my mum does just that...i was a complete and utter rat bag!!! as was my mum for my nan....its bloody genetic!!! dont have to remove TV..it wont work!! hahaha....revenge is sweet....she is still mad as i wont let her go on a road trip with her 4 mates.....she is bloody mad!!! wait till she has kids she will see why i say NO to such things...at 16 she is going nowhere that takes her out of 'we fetch her' distance!

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

More
15 years 6 months ago #218098 by rob
thats why its good to have sons, at least you know they are going to be aholes

Rob

More
15 years 6 months ago #218103 by grannie Mary
Oh Westermans I do so feel for you, nobody tells you when you produce these darling little babies that they will one day grow up to be terrorists.[:(!] Just as well or the world would end.

Do as Smilie says & take a deep breath & put on some relaxing music,:) when you feel calmer go to her room & give her a cuddle-remember what it was like when your hormones took control of you ... that doesnt mean you can excuse her behaviour but let her know you are there, but if she doesnt show you respect you cant help her.

Thank god that is all past me now but tomorrow my grandaughter is coming for the night to get away from her mum, who I think is wonderful to her kids.

That is why I am proud of my wrinkles & grey hair---my worry wore out--I survived & you will too, go easy on the wine & keep in control, dont be like her, your hormones have matured & you are not her enemy.:confused:

She is normal & so are you----now developing the grey hairs of knowledge, but dont be a martyr (sp) & when her dad gets home make sure you get to spend some special time together to remind you, you are a woman as well a mother,[;)] & dont let him off his responsibility as a parent, by saying hes been away all week & just wants to blat!!!

Good luck & remember they do grow up & turn into fantastic friends

Mary

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble,
It empties today of its strength."

More
15 years 6 months ago #218106 by The Kats Place
I survived five of them, two of which were girls and believe me boys are easier any day! At least you can usually reason with the boys.

One of the girls still gives me the run around and she's 33.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
15 years 6 months ago #218112 by Dream Weaver
Agree with Grannie mary, very wise. All mine have flown the coop to. I have a friend who has abit of trouble every now and then with her 17 year old daughter, she now after nearly tearing her hair out has switched to the "Don't react" tactic. if she has to ground daughter or whatever and daughter goes off her head, mum just totally ignores the negative and carries on like nothing has happend. As her Mum said half of it is just for a reaction or the shock value, so Mum doesn't react and she said it works wonders now. It annoys the hell out of daughter and she hasnt had daughter throw her toys out of the cot for ages. Daughter has realised its no longer worth it as there is no reaction, ranting or raving anymore. Mum stands by her threats eg: groundings no TV etc but says its great lol

More
15 years 6 months ago #218119 by jeannielea
I found that my three turned into nicer people when they left home! Maybe learning life out there has few perks is what does it. But when they were horrible I tried to tell myself that I didn't know many grown-ups who behave like that so they had to get better. Surprisingly, the worst one, is the one who sent her son to boarding school here (she's overseas) because she thought he'd be okay with us around. He's also had teen stuff but our relationship is something special now!!

More
15 years 6 months ago #218183 by gemini kiwi
I remember hearing a few years ago about this woman who was having awful trouble with her son. She was advised to do this "tough love" approach. he went out didn't return at the approved time so she locked the front door on him. Well when he finally returned home hours later and couldn't get back into the house the little sod went into the gagrage got the chainsaw going and cut his way in through the front door.
GK

More
15 years 6 months ago #218186 by simon@sue
Its not just girls :) our youngest son was like that through those years especially with me, the father. But everyone seems to survive the process and the end result when they are adults is lovely

4 acres with Garage/sleepout, a pond with ducks and frogs, lots of trees ready to burst into life in spring and lots of garden beds.

More
15 years 6 months ago #218188 by reggit
Friends were building on their LSB and living in two caravans, one for them, one for their stroppy teenage daughter. Whenever she got lippy and went off in a huff they turned the power off to her caravan until she started behaving in a more civilised manner [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
15 years 6 months ago #218189 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic GOD HELP ME..teenagers GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Oh now I do like that approach! Muhahahaha!

More
15 years 6 months ago #218191 by max2
I have to say that I wouldn't be hiding it from her Father... I know when I was growing up I could pull the wool over Mum's eyes, but gawd forgive me when Dad found out about whatever I had been up to.

It kept me more on the straight and narrow knowing his reaction than if Mum had kept quiet about things...

I see the same with the Girls across the road. The elder one has been an absolute challenge and when she was still at school, her Mum did her best to keep it away from her Dad's knowledge the full goings on.

I am not sure he does know but the stress caused them a lot of problems and in the end, with the help and support of her sister, the Mother eventually let most of it out to the Father and the daughter decided it was best to move out with the boyfriend as she couldn't live to their simple rules.

She now comes home on weekends and Wednesday nights. Last week she spent nearly all week at home, I think having the unemployed boyfriend spend her wages (she left school) is straightening out her view on life very quickly and her Mum says its wonderful having her back and less moody these days.

Tough love can work, but you need to do it together and please don't keep your OH in the dark. It may cause you both problems later on when it does get too much.... (plus its always nice to have a shoulder to cry on that "knows"..) :)

More
15 years 6 months ago #218199 by LongRidge
At 12, children should be sent to the evil aunt, and made to be chimney-sweeps or tailors, 12 hours per day, 6 days per week, church on Sunday .... just like when we were kids .....

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds