help arthritic mouse

More
13 years 10 months ago #14066 by beedee
help arthritic mouse was created by beedee
My mouse. its one with the red eye and wireless,[so should move nicely], has over the past 3 days when starting up, is very slow to move and is all jerky, then after about 10 mins becomes the trainable useable item that it is meant to be.. what part is having a hissy fit... Im talking computer not furry mouse here :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #216575 by OakhengeFarm
Replied by OakhengeFarm on topic help arthritic mouse
Maybe he has a dirty bum?? Is his light nice and bright, or is he a bit fluffy and dull? Or maybe his pad needs cleaning. Make sure he has a nice clean surface to run around on. Also make sure the receiver he is broadcasting to is clean and not obscured. Another option is he just needs feeding - try inserting a new battery up his ...

See, even computing can get biological at times! If he wasn't an optical, I could give you the instructions on removing and cleaning his balls!

Other than that, it sounds like the computer is too busy doing something else to listen to the little guy! Any other problems other than a slow mouse? When my PC starts running out of virtual memory or swap space it sometimes forgets to update the mouse pointer - is the hard disc going berserk when the mouse stops?

11 acres (4 in QEII Covenanted native bush), 15 sheep, 2 beefies, large vege gardens and a goat, and still no dog!:(

Oh, and uncountable wild birds - including fantails, swallows, yellowhammers, morepork, magpies, hawks, pukekos, and even quaill, pheasants and rainbow lorikeets [:D][:D] Not to mention possums, hares, rabbits, rats...

More
13 years 10 months ago #216594 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic help arthritic mouse
only three days, anything changed on the computer itself during those three days?
I agree with Oakhenge, theres a pig got loose in the computer and is hogging up all the resources until it's sated and lets some crumbs fall for the mouse to nibble on.

often a sign of some infection, try running your antivirus.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 10 months ago #216604 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic help arthritic mouse
I would suggest your battery in the mouse is getting low and needs changing..

More
13 years 10 months ago #216614 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic help arthritic mouse
Thanks I shall try the battery up the **** for first try.
I don't hear any extra whirrring etc at the beginning, and I think I'm being checked each morn for viruses and get the all clear.
as for knowing how to clean balls.. well hospitals and other great institutions are back in the old ages and that was the first thing I did when starting duty was go clean the balls of the mice so that when we needed to get data in a hurry I wasn't delayed.. so I think I have a professorship in that activity.
but very pleased that I have now annihilated most balls that are annoying;) ;)

More
13 years 10 months ago #216707 by NZ Appaloosas
Replied by NZ Appaloosas on topic help arthritic mouse
I've had the same sort for over 3 years now, and the thing that seems to slow it down is when its feet get dirty. When that happens, I run a damp cloth over the feet, then my fingernail to make sure there's no "gunky" there.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds