House sale - strange reluctance...

More
13 years 11 months ago #216516 by [email protected]
thats why we have 5 of us involved in our LSB/retirement home. last one left sane gets to look after the others :)

4 acres with Garage/sleepout, a pond with ducks and frogs, lots of trees ready to burst into life in spring and lots of garden beds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #216524 by reggit

[email protected];191266 wrote: thats why we have 5 of us involved in our LSB/retirement home. last one left sane gets to look after the others :)

Beautiful :D

Friends of ours in their late 50s have built a four bedroom four ensuite house and have a pact with all their other childfree friends that if/when they want to move in they will form their own little community together. Especially if someone loses their partner and ends up on their own.

Smilie, I'll be in, but I want to be Diana!! I imagine there will be a few Diana's in the mix with us lot! :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
13 years 11 months ago #216526 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic House sale - strange reluctance...
Oh alright then you can be Diana but I get control of the drinks cabinet key!

More
13 years 11 months ago #216530 by organicltd

maggies mum;190999 wrote: "Ya gotta leave your past in your behind!" :D

I can only assume this is why so many people have big behinds. They have a lot of past to cope with :D

Wine does not make you FAT it makes you LEAN...
....against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.

More
13 years 11 months ago #216534 by reggit

organicltd;191280 wrote: I can only assume this is why so many people have big behinds. They have a lot of past to cope with :D

See, I knew it wasn't just the chocolate! [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
13 years 11 months ago #216542 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic House sale - strange reluctance...
Hells bells I wondered what it was! :D

More
13 years 11 months ago #216562 by beedee
Wot a hoot... Since Im now working in such a home, minus the acreage and the animals the one thing that Ive observed, is that very few folk in their dodderage actually want animals to care for. I do realise that those who do, dont enter the places while they still have one rolling marble. but its been interesting and some even hate the budgies and canaries.. it seems to irritate them more. And this is one home that follows the Eden principle.. they luv talking about animals and happy for me to take the rabbits for a duty.... but when I offered to bring some goats to run around the place, got told not to leave it in their room... I think when the babies drop [kids] I will take them cos they should have good clyde markings . will buy some naps for the day
Mind you these are folk who dont even want to fill up their own glass from the jug just inches away, so call the caregiver to do it.. yet officially are semi independant

More
13 years 11 months ago #216581 by max2

Isla;191077 wrote: It's not people's toilets which worry me so much as their kitchens!!!

I am assured its not our kitchen in the shed that is the worry, its the long drop....[;)]

More
13 years 11 months ago #216582 by max2
Tigger have you had any interest yet?

More
13 years 11 months ago #216624 by reggit
One good bite (as opposed to tyre kickers), coming to have a look on Sunday from a wee way away from here. Fingers crossed. [:I]

More
13 years 11 months ago #216627 by max2
All the best for the potential Tigger.[^]

More
13 years 11 months ago #216654 by eelcat
our situation ws parallel but we're a step ahead, but still with you so to speak. We lived in the garage with the dogs for three months. I needed to be over here so that I could work without the commute. We did have the luxury of an inside toilet. One month after we moved our house in the big smoke finally went on the market - and has not yet sold (!). Our mortgage is massive (and I mean massive) but waking up on the LSB is worth the several thousand extra grey hairs I am gaining. Having now had 5 nights in the new house, though with no furniture but a bed and power in some rooms only we are truly amazed that we could live in the garage with the (4) dogs for such a time. We did it and anybody else (and there are lots) who has done it will tell that while you are doing it you will just get on and do it. I too had great mental reluctance in putting the house on the market. I had bought it in 1997 a year after my marriage broke up and the 4 children and I lived there until they variously left home, with number four having left earlier this year. I remarried three years ago so this place is ours. I know in my head (absolutely) that the place in the city has to go in order for the dream to happen, and that there is no way that is even vaguely sensible for a darby and joan couple to have a 7 bedroom hosue in town but I possibly have some inkling of what you are feeling Tigger. Look forwards not back, ad we'll be ok

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds