Hello madam, this is Tiggy Wood ...

More
13 years 10 months ago #14008 by Isla
... from Palmerston North where the winter has come again and blah blah something. I'm looking to interview one more man in Northland under the age of 40 blah blah. ..."

The only reason I let her get that far was that I know only one person named Tiggy and I was trying to work out what she'd said and there were no gaps between words! This is Sunday! There was a click as I said "thank you for the weather report, but I'm in the middle of ..." I don't think she even let me finish. Where do cold callers get off being so blatantly rude when it's already usually bloody inconvenient that they've called at all?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #215538 by Inger
At least she didn't waste too much of your time. I've had some that just won't take no for an answer and they can be a real pain.

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa
Herd of Registered Dexter cattle
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry and Sicilian Buttercup poultry
Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
Polled Wiltshire Sheep, both black and white
An old Heading Dog called Lad and a cat called Pusscat,

More
13 years 10 months ago #215541 by Isla
Who's to judge how much is too much on a sunny Sunday? It took me a whole minute to deal with this nonsense, time I'll never get back! [}:)]

More
13 years 10 months ago #215558 by wino
I'm still chuckling over the survey person who rang last week.

She said she wanted to know if I was between 15 and 30. I said no. She asked if anyone else in the house was. I said no. She asked if I happened to be over 70. I said no.

She then said "I am terribly sorry, unfortunately you can't take part in our survey, perhaps next time."

I'm still gutted....

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
13 years 10 months ago #215581 by kathken
i was once phoned by some person trying to sell some sort of mortgage or insurance thing (cant remember exactly what), and told her thanks but no thanks.....and she said " so.....you're happy to just sit there paying unecessary money blah blah blah.
cheeky cow, i hung up fuming that she would speak like that when i said no.
bea-artch.[V]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
13 years 10 months ago #215584 by Anne
I was once rung by someone wanting to do a survey. Had a bit of spare time so I said yes. Went through all the bits to make sure that I was head of the household, right age etc etc. Woman was so grateful, she only had one more call to make. Then, first question: "Do you work for the government, a government department or a local body?" "Yes". She just about cried, because that meant I couldn't take part!

More
13 years 10 months ago #215593 by Midge
We interupt them right away and ask them if they would mind holding for a minute. They always say yes[;)] We then place the phone on the coffee table, leaving them dangling. Sometimes we hear a wee voice in the distance saying hello - are you there? :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers[:)]
www.jerseycows.co.nz

• maggies mum
13 years 10 months ago #215595 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Hello madam, this is Tiggy Wood ...
My dad if a double glazing salesperson rings(UK) lets them rabbit on and on while he adds the odd 'Oh yeah' 'Really?' 'Gosh'...then says "hang on I'll ask the wife" So he calls mum at the top of his voice, "Dear there's a nice chap on the phone who wants to know if we want double glazing!' To which me mum yells back, 'We've already got it yer silly sod!'

:D:D:D:D

More
13 years 10 months ago #215629 by betenoir
One of my favourites...when I have time is to let them rattle on and then get very enthusuastic about their 'rep' paying a visit. I then give them a UK address (the accent has a use some times) and ask when they are planning to fly out to measure up...that seems to put them off[}:)]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

More
13 years 10 months ago #215646 by Angie
I want to be nice to them - they're just trying to make a dollar, same as everyone else, but I agree that it's really hard when they don't let you get a word in for the first few minutes. So you're kinda forced to hang up on them because tea's getting cold or something..

Echo Ridge - Dexters, Sheepies and Labradors

"Don't wait for the light to appear at the end of the tunnel. Stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!" - Sarah Henderson

More
13 years 10 months ago #215650 by The Kats Place
I had one recently trying to sell prepaid accommodation in Austraila. I said I wasn't interested and he just kept on so I hung up. He called back and says 'we seem to have got disconected', so I tell him no, I hung up on you and hung up again. Well bugger me, he calls back that evening and OH answered the phone. The call says, 'I was talking to your wife earlier today and she was very interested but we kept getting cut off'. Fortunately I had told OH about it so he was able to give him a short shift.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

• maggies mum
13 years 10 months ago #215654 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Hello madam, this is Tiggy Wood ...
I did phone cold calling years ago and a couple of friends did too, there is a hell of a lot of pressure to get sales this way so really they are just trying to do their jobs as instructed. But then they don't have to have that job and they're still a ruddy pain.

More
13 years 10 months ago #215662 by Kilmoon
We have the same company calling us every two months trying to sell us a HRV system. The last time they rang I told the woman to hang on, looked up on the calendar as to when they last rang, and then told the woman to f-off I wasn't f-ing paying electricity for a f-ing system when all I had to do was open an f-ing window (or close it)...I then hung up on her. She rings back about 30 minutes later....and the language went down hill even faster as I basically made it plain to her that I was now about to ring the cops and have her and the company up for harassment...

...they are about a month overdue for another introduction to my range of bad language. So swearing actually works to get them to stop calling. :D [:0]

More
13 years 10 months ago #215663 by spoook
I got a call the other day from blah blah Investment blah. "Can I speak to the owner of the business?" "What is it you are wanting?" I asked. "Can I speak to the owner?" "What is is you are trying to sell?"
SHE hung up on ME!!!!
I could have been interested, silly biatch [:0]
I wish I had listened harder to the name she said she was from, I would have rung them and given them a piece of my mind!

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 10 months ago #215674 by reggit
I'm getting the aussie ones too, TKP, 3-4 a day at the moment, I have lost patience completely and just talk over them to say not interested and hang up. :(

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds