Bluddy Olympics!

• maggies mum
15 years 8 months ago #217484 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Bluddy Olympics!
Drink wine it helps! ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #217495 by NZ Appaloosas
Replied by NZ Appaloosas on topic Bluddy Olympics!
Somebody pass me the bottle please! On a happy note, hubby's just found a site here in NZ that sells horse bows--now to find out they have any links to groups that do archery re-enactment sort of stuff...

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

• maggies mum
15 years 8 months ago #217504 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Bluddy Olympics!
Sounds intriguing! :)

I have to say that I wasn't going to bother with the Olympics, but as there is bugger all else on anywhere then I've not had much choice, BUT I've been enjoying it.

More
15 years 8 months ago #217508 by NZ Appaloosas
What I want to know is why did Prime switch Ally McBeal with David Letterman? I used to work in the building that is supposed to house that law firm, and I get my nostaligia kick by watching it :(

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
15 years 8 months ago #217562 by Lost Triceratops
Replied by Lost Triceratops on topic Bluddy Olympics!

NZ Appaloosas;192233 wrote:
As I said, this is not like driving a racecar, where every steering wheel pretty much acts the same, the accellerator presses down the same and the brakes lock up the same. If that were the case, our reining-bred mare would never have dumped me the first time I got on her and used hunter/jumper riding cues on her. Diane

I rest my case!
If the racing cars ALL act the same.... then it is down to DRIVER ability as to who wins the race.... who is the best! The reason you don't see car-racing in the Games is because it would be the machinery that makes the difference and the driver is secondary.... same with horses! They have as much to do with the outcome as the rider ... so who are we actually testing!?!

Are you Happy?...
Yes????
Well notify your fecking face ya miserable lookin sod!

“Add life to your days, not days to your life.”

"Live life as if every day is your last, one day you will be right".

More
15 years 8 months ago #217573 by NZ Appaloosas

Lost Triceratops;192392 wrote: I rest my case!
If the racing cars ALL act the same.... then it is down to DRIVER ability as to who wins the race.... who is the best! The reason you don't see car-racing in the Games is because it would be the machinery that makes the difference and the driver is secondary.... same with horses! They have as much to do with the outcome as the rider ... so who are we actually testing!?!

Uhm, huh? Which is it in car racing? Driver ability making the win, or drivers being secondary???

As I stated above, a major component in horse competition is the level of communication BETWEEN horse and rider, making one as essential as the other. Removing one or the other would be like having swimming races without water, or rowing without using sculls, or windsurfing/sailing without using wind, or ping pong without using a table.

Diane

More
15 years 8 months ago #217589 by Lost Triceratops
Replied by Lost Triceratops on topic Bluddy Olympics!

NZ Appaloosas;192405 wrote: Uhm, huh? Which is it in car racing? Driver ability making the win, or drivers being secondary???

IF cars were all the same (and we all know they're not!) then it would be a driver ability issue. Cars aren't the same, which would give one driver an advantage over another.... hence not an Olympic event!

NZ Appaloosas;192405 wrote: Uhm As I stated above, a major component in horse competition is the level of communication BETWEEN horse and rider, making one as essential as the other. Removing one or the other would be like having swimming races without water, or rowing without using sculls, or windsurfing/sailing without using wind, or ping pong without using a table.
Diane

NOOooooo... it would be like swimmers riding dolphins, rowers using outboard motors and sailors having jet engines!
Take the horse out of show-jumping and you know what you have?... HURDLES!

Making one as essential as the other? It goes back to who are we testing then? the horse or the rider? The medal goes to the one with the best horse, who may or may not have the best rider on the day... yes?
If it wasn't about the ability of the horse... there would be no need to have them in there would there!?

It is "supposed" to be one competitor against another... end of!

Are you Happy?...
Yes????
Well notify your fecking face ya miserable lookin sod!

“Add life to your days, not days to your life.”

"Live life as if every day is your last, one day you will be right".

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds