Bluddy Olympics!

More
15 years 8 months ago #216187 by NZ Appaloosas
Replied by NZ Appaloosas on topic Bluddy Olympics!
At least we get to watch the male gymnasts and divers...hubbies can't oggle the female gymnasts cuz most of them are jailbait aged.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #216249 by Gracelands
Replied by Gracelands on topic Bluddy Olympics!
Yes, and Michael Phelps does strip off his top half after every race, which is so thoughtful of him. [;)]

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

• maggies mum
15 years 8 months ago #216252 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Bluddy Olympics!
Gracelands my thoughts exactly, one rule should apply to all, skimpy undies all round I reckon!
And as for the swimmers! Well I'm sorry bring back them speedos....darn silly body suit things they look like summat outta Victorian times!

OH yeah and Grant!! If yer have seen skimpier bikinis than that, then should you have been looking and does Inger know! Pervie! ;) :D

• maggies mum
15 years 8 months ago #216253 by maggies mum
Oh yeah I forgot, I noticed that there were heaps of empty seats for the mens volleybal, to which BD & MD said at exactly the same time "Well the women are'nt playing are they!"

Sigh! ;)

More
15 years 8 months ago #216282 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Bluddy Olympics!

maggies mum;190988 wrote: OH yeah and Grant!! If yer have seen skimpier bikinis than that, then should you have been looking and does Inger know! Pervie! ;) :D

I've seen them in the front windows of swimsuit shops MM [;)] [;)] [;)]

That's my story and I'm sticking to it [^]

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
15 years 8 months ago #216292 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Bluddy Olympics!
Just a plug for the NZ team uniforms-not their competing gear.
Did you realise that it was all made and designed in the lower North Island by a group of companies that banded together to put in a bid?
They call themselves Kapiwhenua, an amalgamation of Kapiti and Horowhenua. If I remember rightly, NZ are the only team wearing uniforms designed and made by their own country, rather than the big 'sporting names' and made overseas.

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
15 years 8 months ago #216315 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Bluddy Olympics!

Sue;191030 wrote: Just a plug for the NZ team uniforms-not their competing gear.
Did you realise that it was all made and designed in the lower North Island by a group of companies that banded together to put in a bid?
They call themselves Kapiwhenua, an amalgamation of Kapiti and Horowhenua. If I remember rightly, NZ are the only team wearing uniforms designed and made by their own country, rather than the big 'sporting names' and made overseas.

Excellent News! I think they are great.

Sportscraft designed the aussie ones (which wouldn't surprise me if made in China) I have since found out its supposed to reflect our "girt by sea" bit in Waltzing Matilda.
Naturally you all knew that from the uniforms didn't you.:([xx(]

Should have had beige pants and red shoes, beige for the farmers drought and desert land, red shoes for the red centre.[^][8D]

More
15 years 8 months ago #216316 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Bluddy Olympics!

Sue;191030 wrote: Just a plug for the NZ team uniforms-not their competing gear.

Thats great news Sue, and I had no idea.

• maggies mum
15 years 8 months ago #216331 by maggies mum

GrantK;191019 wrote: I've seen them in the front windows of swimsuit shops MM [;)] [;)] [;)]

That's my story and I'm sticking to it [^]

Yeah right! :D

More
15 years 8 months ago #216417 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Bluddy Olympics!
Sorry, got the name a little wrong, its Kapinua, here is a link about them.
www.kapinua.co.nz/information/olympic-dream-i-3.html

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
15 years 8 months ago #217085 by Lost Triceratops
Replied by Lost Triceratops on topic Bluddy Olympics!
I'll wait to be shot down for this one but.... I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why ANY equestrian event is eligible for the Olympics. The "sport" is SOOOoooo reliant on the quality and physical attributes of the animal as to make a mockery of the ability of the rider. Someone earlier, Yakut I think, made a comment about the swim-wear being a big part of performance and shouldn't be allowed. Why then is it acceptable to rely on a completely different species!!?? What the!!?????

(You can probably tell I'm a horsey fan.... NOT!) lol

Are you Happy?...
Yes????
Well notify your fecking face ya miserable lookin sod!

“Add life to your days, not days to your life.”

"Live life as if every day is your last, one day you will be right".

More
15 years 8 months ago #217090 by NZ Appaloosas
Ahh, the thing is about equestrian is that it is much more than just the quality of the animal. It is also the quality of the rider, and the quality of the partnership and communication between horse and rider. And, it is a lot more inline with what may have gone on in Athens, back a few millennia, than ping pong or beach volley ball :D

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
15 years 8 months ago #217094 by Lost Triceratops
Replied by Lost Triceratops on topic Bluddy Olympics!

NZ Appaloosas;191878 wrote: Ahh, the thing is about equestrian is that it is much more than just the quality of the animal. It is also the quality of the rider, and the quality of the partnership and communication between horse and rider. And, it is a lot more inline with what may have gone on in Athens, back a few millennia, than ping pong or beach volley ball :D
Diane

I'll look forward to the Motorcycling Grandprix being an event then huh?... Different mount, fed differet fuel, but as you say...
"It is also the quality of the rider, and the quality of the partnership".....

I thought the idea of the games was to test the athlete's abilities... not a horses, or a dogs, or your pet cat's! regardless of what "partnership" you may have with them.

Are you Happy?...
Yes????
Well notify your fecking face ya miserable lookin sod!

“Add life to your days, not days to your life.”

"Live life as if every day is your last, one day you will be right".

More
15 years 8 months ago #217095 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Bluddy Olympics!

More
15 years 8 months ago #217099 by NZ Appaloosas
It is testing the athlete's ability--the ability to communicate with and convince a 1200 pound animal to do crazy things like flying thru' water and scrambling over fences. And of course, unlike sailing or windsurfing, there is the fact that the "mount" has a mind of its own that needs convincing.

LT, have you actually ever ridden a horse in competition? Let me tell you, you ain't gonna get much of anywhere if you're not in good condition (i.e., fit and athletic) yourself.

Diane

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds