Bluddy Olympics!

More
15 years 8 months ago #215597 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Bluddy Olympics!

Gracelands;190099 wrote: Oh, Swaggie, you've opened a can of worms with that statement. Everyone here is up in arms that the Kiwis formal footwear are the dreaded Crocs.

Me, I think they looked smart, and more important comfortable. Don't want our athletes unable to perform at their best because they had to stand around for hours in high heeled shoes.

Our coverage didn't show the feet Gracelands, so dunno on that one. However I too would prefer them to be comfortable (heck couldn't Kumfs come up with decent Kiwi footwear?) all the althetes looked sweaty and uncomfortable by the time they made it to their "pit stop" so the heat must have been huge, esp. for Aussie and Kiwis used to the summers..

Howver I thought the big silver fern down the side looked smart, and although I didn't see the full march, cannot remember another team in the same colours....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #215611 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Bluddy Olympics!

swaggie;190288 wrote: ...all the althetes looked sweaty and uncomfortable by the time they made it to their "pit stop" so the heat must have been huge, esp. for Aussie and Kiwis used to the summers..

Having been in Asia many times during the height of their summer, I know exactly what it's like. The skies are permanently grey, but the humidity is through the roof and the temp. even at night rarely dips below 28 or so. During the day, it is in the low to mid 30s and with the extreme humidity, the slightest bit of exertion gets you running with sweat inside just a few minutes. It is like being in a sauna for as long as you are not in an air-conditioned building.

Definitely not my idea of a holiday destination which is why both Inger and I cannot be bothered with the idea of going to Thailand for a mid-winter holiday. It is just too similar to the places we have been on countless business trips, so not like a holiday at all for us [xx(]

swaggie;190288 wrote: ...Howver I thought the big silver fern down the side looked smart, and although I didn't see the full march, cannot remember another team in the same colours....

Yeah, I think the NZ team uniforms look excellent, especially side-on as you see a lot of the time during the rowing coverage. That, and the outstanding performances from all of our rowers, makes me really proud to watch our team [8D]

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
15 years 8 months ago #215638 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Bluddy Olympics!
I thought the cycling uniform didn't stand out well as so many others had predominatly white as well.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

• maggies mum
15 years 8 months ago #215644 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Bluddy Olympics!
Hey TKP. who won that womens cycling race last night, the last bit I saw was when the Russian broke away and was on the downhill, when I woke up football was on! ;)

More
15 years 8 months ago #215645 by Scouse Girl
Replied by Scouse Girl on topic Bluddy Olympics!
The British Girl, Pauline Cooke I think her name was!

Ye know what I mean?...no!

More
15 years 8 months ago #215652 by The Kats Place
The English girl - Cook - won MM. And she owes it all to her team mate who did all the work for her earlier on. It was a good hard race, only a couple of minor crashes.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

• maggies mum
15 years 8 months ago #215653 by maggies mum
Cool! That's a result then! ;0

More
15 years 8 months ago #215744 by robbie88
Replied by robbie88 on topic Bluddy Olympics!
Does it matter that she is from Wales?

Rob

More
15 years 8 months ago #215747 by The Kats Place
Doesn't matter where they come from if its a good clean deserved win.

kats

More
15 years 8 months ago #215769 by Llew
Replied by Llew on topic Bluddy Olympics!

Is there any olympic free TV channel?

Um... all of them except Tv0ne? (discounting freeview, which I don't have). Golly, even in 1972, the UK had about 4 channels showing nothing but olympics.

BTW, I was gobsmacked by the footprints in the sky marching towards the stadium. Just unbelievable.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• maggies mum
15 years 8 months ago #215794 by maggies mum

robbie88;190452 wrote: Does it matter that she is from Wales?

We'll let her off, she can't help it!! :D :D :D

More
15 years 8 months ago #215986 by Llew
Replied by Llew on topic Bluddy Olympics!

BTW, I was gobsmacked by the footprints in the sky marching towards the stadium. Just unbelievable.

Hmm... really unbelievable

Giant pyrotechnic footprints that marched across the sky in the countdown to the Bejing Olympics opening ceremony were faked for video coverage.

www.stuff.co.nz/4652802a12.html

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
15 years 8 months ago #216158 by Gracelands
Replied by Gracelands on topic Bluddy Olympics!
Sexist Olympics! Why is it that the womans' beach volleyball players wear the SKIMPIEST bikinis, and the mens beach volleyball players wear big baggy knee-length shorts and singlets? Doesn't all that flapping cotton interfere with the trajectory of the ball? [}:)][}:)]

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

More
15 years 8 months ago #216168 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Bluddy Olympics!

Gracelands;190891 wrote: Sexist Olympics! Why is it that the womans' beach volleyball players wear the SKIMPIEST bikinis, and the mens beach volleyball players wear big baggy knee-length shorts and singlets?

Would you rather that the men wore those "Budgie Smuggler" type Speedos GL :p Or have a bare stomach so their "Six Pack" is on display?

Personally, I didn't think that the women's bikinis were that skimpy, I've seen plenty of much more revealing bikinis than that [:0]

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
15 years 8 months ago #216181 by betenoir
Replied by betenoir on topic Bluddy Olympics!
I think the flappy knee length cotton might actually be saving us from sights we don't wanna see[;)] I prefer my meat and 2 veg on a plate[:I][:0][}:)]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds