Impatient drivers

More
13 years 11 months ago #13823 by ronnie
Impatient drivers was created by ronnie
Was at the hospital this morning having treatment on my eyes. Went to leave parking spot when a car stopped in the middle of the road way, waiting for our park. parking at Hospital at 10am is a bit of an effort :)
Anyway, before we could get in the car, the driver of the waiting car called out to us. Seems he knows OH and wants a pair of slippers. We both went over and stood by the open drivers window talking to these folk and giving them our phone number so they could ring me later and discuss slippers...

This other vehicle then pulled up behind the waiting car. I said "hand on mate, these guys are taking our park and we are just on our way". With that, he decided he couldn't wait another second and drove to go around us all. No way was there enough room for that. Ignorant sod kept going anyway and then angled the front of his vehicle to go across the front of the waiting car, thus causing a V, with ME stuck in the narrowest part. He caught my arm on his wing mirror and sort of pushed and turned me around whilst I had nowhere to go. How he did not run over my feet is beyond guessing.
OH thought he heard something go crack and thought I had broked my arm, but only have a sore back and bruised arm from the experience.

Sent him off with a huge mouthful of ********** words. His reply wasn't all that interesting. I suggested calling the police to which he thought was a good idea so he can have me charged with Jay walking.... WHAT ???????

I thought it was the motorists job to not run into people? Perhaps it was my fault? but surely, he could of waited a few more seconds for us to leave.

So caught off guard, I didn't even manage to get his number plate incase I do feel like ringing the Police..............

That's twice now I have been caught inbetween two cars like that. Not looking forward to a third time.......

Vent over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #212920 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Impatient drivers
That is truly awful Jan!

My "favourite"[}:)] one that I am seeing occur more often than not, is where people are indicating to pull out from a roadside space, only to have a car go in front on them on the road to wait, expecting the pulling out car to drive into oncoming traffic around the car in front so the other w*&*&&*r can reverse park..

More
13 years 11 months ago #212925 by Kilmoon
Replied by Kilmoon on topic Impatient drivers
When that happens to me Swaggie I turn of the engine and just sit there (unless I have a book and then I start reading). They usually get the hint and bugger off so that I can drive out.

More
13 years 11 months ago #213046 by devan
Replied by devan on topic Impatient drivers
While we're complaining about other drivers, whats with the tossers lately that insist on doing 80km in the fast lane of the motorway?????? usually right next to another car doing 80km in the slow lane, effectively blocking both lanes grrrrrrr

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
13 years 11 months ago #213047 by ravenseyes
Replied by ravenseyes on topic Impatient drivers
The legal definition of jay walking
walking across a street outside of marked pedestrian crossings and not at a corner, and/or against a signal light. If there is vehicle traffic or clear markings of a place to cross, this is a traffic misdemeanor subject to fine, and may be (but not conclusively) contributory negligence in the event of injury to the jay walker by a vehicle.
Although the driver was impatient both you and the other vehicle have an obligation not to impede the flow of traffic which you were doing by having a chat. I'm assuming that you were standing in the roadway talking to the other people so there could be an issue of continutory negligence on your behalf as well

Brave Words. I've heard them before from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created, but now, they are all Borg.

More
13 years 11 months ago #213052 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Impatient drivers
even so, if they were standing in a roadway (parking lot) it doesn't give anybody else the right to do damage to person or property, surely? That is assault with a weapon is it not?

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 11 months ago #213074 by ravenseyes
Replied by ravenseyes on topic Impatient drivers
It would be legally grey and murky. It wouldn't be assault. Careless driving at a push but technically everyone was at fault (contributory negligence by all parties).

If you were thinking of making charges you would have to consider the following.

Driver number one should not have stopped blocking the roadway. Even if driver were going to pull into a park driver should have pulled over far enough to allow following traffic to go past if they were waiting for the park. If the roadway is not wide enough you don't block it by stopping for a chat.

Driver number two should not have attempted to get past unless there was clearly enough room.

Pedestrian number one should not have been roadway talking to driver number one.

I am making assumptions on how vehicles/persons may have been positioned.

Even if the police were called it would be more likely they would have given all parties involved a raak-up over commonsense and courteous driver and pedestrian behaviour.

Brave Words. I've heard them before from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created, but now, they are all Borg.

More
13 years 11 months ago #213105 by Hestia
Replied by Hestia on topic Impatient drivers
every day on my way home,,I drive on the 50 km stretch outside the school, doing 52-54km, the car behind me tailgate and overtakes me 100 meters before it becomes 80km.when I am driving on the 80km stretch and doing almost 90km, then the car behind me tailgate me and overtakes me 100 meters before it becomes 100km.what is wrong with people??can't they wait until it is 80 or 100 and don't they realise that I am to SPEED UP when I get to that sign???and you do NOT over take car doing 50 km outside a school!!!

More
13 years 11 months ago #213108 by devan
Replied by devan on topic Impatient drivers
I'd be happy if most of the people out my way could actually do the damn speed limit, i followed a car the other day from pukekohe to tuakau doing 60km (its a 100km speedlimit) all this does is cause everyone to get impatient and take risks overtaking! There is also that new law where you have to pull over if you are holding up traffic....there was a line of cars behind this twat that had to be at least 20 cars [xx(] and there are plenty of places to safely pull over and let vehicles pass

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
13 years 11 months ago #213115 by max2

devan;187406 wrote: I'd be happy if most of the people out my way could actually do the damn speed limit, i followed a car the other day from pukekohe to tuakau doing 60km (its a 100km speedlimit) all this does is cause everyone to get impatient and take risks overtaking! There is also that new law where you have to pull over if you are holding up traffic....there was a line of cars behind this twat that had to be at least 20 cars [xx(] and there are plenty of places to safely pull over and let vehicles pass

I know where you are talking about, been there, down that. Cheeses me off too.

More
13 years 11 months ago #213118 by max2

Hestia;187403 wrote: every day on my way home,,I drive on the 50 km stretch outside the school, doing 52-54km, the car behind me tailgate and overtakes me 100 meters before it becomes 80km.when I am driving on the 80km stretch and doing almost 90km, then the car behind me tailgate me and overtakes me 100 meters before it becomes 100km.what is wrong with people??can't they wait until it is 80 or 100 and don't they realise that I am to SPEED UP when I get to that sign???and you do NOT over take car doing 50 km outside a school!!!

My frustration with the school speed limit (NSW is 40 klms) is it covers such a huge time span when Children are not present on the side of the road.

At the same time its quote possible earlier in the morning and later in the afternoon to see children walking on the pathways outside of the restricted time zones, so what makes it safer then?

And to top off my grizzle, some of the high school children riding to school do so without helmets (law here) and ride without holding onto the handbars on the side of the road whilst going faster than the cars beside them. As well as when they leave the cycleway and "jump" their bikes onto the side of the road with lots of traffic. Grrrrrr!

More
13 years 11 months ago #213128 by rob
Replied by rob on topic Impatient drivers
heres one for you,
driving from paerata to drury on ramp people doing 50kms and the other one is heading up past puke golf course( on right hand side) and i am doing 100ks and people over take me and they turn off to Waiuku[:(!]

Rob

More
13 years 11 months ago #213146 by Telly
Replied by Telly on topic Impatient drivers
I saw someone stopped in the roundabout near the entrance to Wanaka. They were reading a map. You see all sorts in a tourist town. The huge campers trying to negotiate the very small supermarket car park are unbelievable.

Goats: 4 boers + 4 kids (all does[:D]), 1 saanen + 2 kids, 1 toggenburg.
Chickens: Barred Rock, Light Sussex, Araucana, pekins
Pigs now in the freezer

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds