I'm back!!!!!!!!

More
13 years 11 months ago #13801 by kate
I'm back!!!!!!!! was created by kate
Okay, I have been here sort of but since the end of March I've been spending a great deal of time attending the Board of Inquiry hearing for the Upper North Island Grid Proposal [B)][B)] I've been listening to, and cross-examining [:0][:I] Transpower witnesses, and trying to understand how the proposal fits in the RMA. All this was building up to making our presentation to the Board which we did last Thursday.

Now I have the time (and the mental and emotional strength) to get back to work [8D][8D]

So, apologies if I've been slack. I will be upgrading this forum to add a couple of new features :D [;)], looking at changing the classifieds, and there will be a fresh new look for the site very soon, which will make it easier to use.

Now....to tackle the 163 'these must be replied to' emails that have built up in my inbox [:I][:I][B)]

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #212546 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic I'm back!!!!!!!!
Good to have you back on board, Kate :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 11 months ago #212551 by kate
Replied by kate on topic I'm back!!!!!!!!
Thank you :D :D

Web Goddess

More
13 years 11 months ago #212553 by Pumpkingirl
Replied by Pumpkingirl on topic I'm back!!!!!!!!
I reckon!!! :D

More
13 years 11 months ago #212565 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic I'm back!!!!!!!!
Are you happy with how it went Kate? Do you think it was run well?

More
13 years 11 months ago #212576 by Midge
Replied by Midge on topic I'm back!!!!!!!!
Welcome back Kate[^] Yes, would also like to know how you feel the inquiry went.

Also, how's your goatie babes doing?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers[:)]
www.jerseycows.co.nz

More
13 years 11 months ago #212580 by kate
Well, the inquiry is still going and will be for a month or two yet. Transpower was presenting their case until 26th June and now it's our turn :D [8D]

The Judge and Commisisoners seem to be doing a good job. The whole system is tilted in favour of Transpower, as they have the money to buy experts and they know the rules we're all meant to follow. We have no money and very limited time and have to combat forty-odd experts and millions of dollars spent on staff and lawyers by Transpower.

Having said that, everything I've heard reinforces my view that this line would be a disaster for NZ and especially the communities along the line. I think Transpower's case is woefully inadequate in many areas and I just hope the Board reject the 'national interest' arguement that Transpower is pushing.

I'm absolutely disgusted at this Government's backing of Transpower in the face of all the many reasons this line shouldn't go through. Their thinking seems to be that politically it will be bad for them if the line is stopped, so whether it is in the best interests of NZ comes second to that....

It is harrowing watching a procession of decent, hard-working people getting onto the stand and breaking down due to the stress and distress this proposed line is causing - people who are heartbroken at the prospect of losing their land.

Anyone who wants more information can visit the mfe website www.mfe.govt.nz/rma/call-in-transpower/b...f-inquiry/index.html

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 11 months ago #212591 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic I'm back!!!!!!!!
Welcome back, Kate.

Which Judge do you have?

More
13 years 11 months ago #212594 by kate
The Judge is David Sheppard, who has a mind like a steel trap [}:)]

Web Goddess

More
13 years 11 months ago #212599 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic I'm back!!!!!!!!
Midge, Kate's goat babies are all gone :( .... but I am sure when things calm down and the weather settles there will be some more :D

BTW Kate................ good to see you back [:X]

@--}--}----

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 11 months ago #212602 by kate
Thanks Spoook... :D

Midge, I'm in denial about the goat thing. No matter how much feed we were throwing at them they were getting worse so we found grazing for them then sold them :( :(

We still haven't had much grass growth so it was definitely the right decision but it just about broke my heart :( However, angora goats are definitely in my future plans....it's just not the same without them :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 11 months ago #212610 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic I'm back!!!!!!!!
Haven't come across him in the Environment Court yet, we deal mainly with Bollard and Smith. To be honest they are all frighteningly sharp. I guess that's why they have the jobs they have. It will be interesting to see how it all goes.

Shame about the goats, I didn't realise you had sold them all, must have been a tough call!

More
13 years 11 months ago #212623 by kate
It was a tough call with the goats...

Judge Sheppard was the former Principal Environment judge and retired a few years ago. He is an alternate judge.

Here is his bio on the Env Court website:

Judge David Sheppard was appointed a Judge of the Planning Tribunal in May 1980 following many years law practice in Auckland in planning and local government law. He was appointed Principal Planning Judge in 1987 and on the enactment of the Resource Management Amendment Act (1996) became Principal Environment Judge. He retired as Principal Environment Judge and as a full time Environment Judge at the end of March 2001.

Judge Sheppard has himself taken part in Planning Tribunal and Environment Court decisions on many significant resource management cases, and has given papers at numerous seminars and conferences both in New Zealand and overseas. Judge Sheppard has also been a member of the Legislation Advisory Committee and is based at Auckland.

So he sure knows his stuff!

Web Goddess

More
13 years 11 months ago #212634 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic I'm back!!!!!!!!
Hugs about the goats Kate(((()))) Hey it doesn't mean you will never have them again.
Welcome back and the very best of luck with the inquirey.

More
13 years 11 months ago #212637 by kate
Thanks smilie :D We still have Yoda and Spike so we're not entirely goat-free but I do miss my girls...

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds