Accountant versus bloody paperwork

More
13 years 10 months ago #13787 by Giddyup
Hi guys, have you all missed me and my potty mouth?

I've been going through some tuff times at work and at home!
Part of the problem at home is trying to find the enthusiasm and time to devote to running our business and the farm income properly and have given up.
I've found an accountant who'll do end-of-year books, GST, date entry - every single little thing imaginable for $800 a year.
I think this is a real find.
What do others do and pay?
I realise this may seem a waste of money to alot of you, but peace of mind and forgetting about all this shit is worth it to us. :D

15 acres, 9 horses, 7 sheep, 50 chickens, 1 jersey cow, 3 black cats, 1 border/beardie cross, 2 cockateils, several possums and....3 teenagers[}:)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #212360 by ronnie
Wow, that is cheap !!!!!

Mine costs about $800 per year but I do all the paperwork throughout the year (GST etc) and just pass the finished off accounts to him for checking and filing with IRD. That fee also includes the phone calls and emails through the year with any questions I have.
We do have a "his, hers and ours" type of accounts, so I am not grumbling about the fee.

I have a computer based accounting programme which makes things so easy. I just have to remember to put things in as they happen (petrol, postage etc) although I have got a lot better and use the business account for everything so its easy to pick up at the end of the month (which is when I do most of my inputting)

More
13 years 10 months ago #212368 by sod
Cheap peace of mind and stress medication I think!!

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 10 months ago #212384 by LongRidge
The last time that we got charged that amount was about 15 years ago, and I do EVERYTHING. If that accountant moves, sell up and move to where he/she has gone. And find out what he /she wants for a Christmas bonus - about $600 worth.

More
13 years 10 months ago #212401 by spoook
Hang on the one you have found. That price for doing ALL the work during the year is very good.
One of the companies I work for pays about $2-3,000 and I do all the work during the year.[:0]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 10 months ago #212510 by RKH
You'd better give us all his number! Just kidding, we pay way more than that and I do EVERYTHING (GST, PAYE, FBT etc etc) except file the end of year returns but I prepare those for him too, all he has to do is check them over and file them.

Arapawa Island Sheep, 2 dogs, 2 cats, one huge Kunekune, 4 tiny Kunekune's and some cool chickens.

More
13 years 10 months ago #212515 by eelcat
ditto. We did everythinig but the accountant was just to look over them - $2500 please - on a business that at that stage had no income or turnover, just some outgoings (and not many of those), all recorded!!!!!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 10 months ago #212608 by ccrk9
Watch out he isnt giving you a low price to suck you in. Our accountant said due to the nature and quantiy of work when we set up a company our fees wouldnt be more than $800 (ten years ago), and all was well for the first year then they rocketed up to an asronomical amount which we couldnt pay - ended up in quite a dispute! And we were doing the GST returns and day to day bookeeping.

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

More
13 years 10 months ago #212738 by Ziggy
Hi Giddyup,

I think you have to look at how much your time is worth not to mention the expertise an accountant offers you, if you look at this you have a good deal.

Our accountant's bill isn't that much more, around $1100 and that covers the GST (6 monthly), end of year for our partnership as well as our indivual tax returns. I am hopeless at this sort of thing; all I do is give an envelope to our accountant every six months, it contains our reciepts for expenses and copies of our invoices etc for income, once a year I give them another enverlope with the other bits like the childcare, income protection stuff and the up dated end of financial year stock numbers etc and they do everything else, I don't maintain or calculate a thing. I figure I would rather pay someone to do it correctly and earn money doing what I do best to pay for their knowledge, rather than stew and stress of stuff I am hopeless at.

Don't sweet the small stuff I say .... worth every penny :)

• hijk637
13 years 10 months ago #214861 by hijk637
Replied by hijk637 on topic Accountant versus bloody paperwork
Belly fat How to lose weight Fast-Especially Your Belly Fat fast weight loss The most effective and fastest weight loss product -- Lida Slimming capsule How to lose weight All kinds of globally famous dosage form available here for Diet Pills

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds