Fail safe roast chicken

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #210963 by Kiwismum
Replied by Kiwismum on topic Fail safe roast chicken
Oh thats easy fixed, put a cup of salt in everything you make.

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
A person only gains light
by bringing light into another's life
www.dreamforthree.co.nz/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #211016 by devan
Replied by devan on topic Fail safe roast chicken
Lol why didn't i think of that [;)][}:)]

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #211019 by kathken
Replied by kathken on topic Fail safe roast chicken
this roast chicken recipe reminds me of this......

many moons ago when my hubby and i were going out, we were with friends having drinks and dinner....we were just making homemade hamburgers. the guys were doing the cooking and we all were having a drink or two. the griller was going, and cooking was being done, and hubby asked "ya want egg on ya burger"........yeeppp, next thing he just threw a couple of eggs into the back of the oven!!!!! twas funny at the time but not funny to clean up hahaha.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

• chooky
14 years 2 weeks ago #211022 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic Fail safe roast chicken
Well I guess now may be the time to confess to some of my cooking disasters .
Many moons ago when first married I decided to make an oxtail stew . Well as per my mothers instructions I cooked the thing on a low heat for what seemed an eternity . I guess I should have tested it with a knife or something but OH went to cut a piece and it was so bl**dy tough the oxtail flew acros the room and hit the wall = nice gravy stains all dribbling down the wall .From memory our corgi gnawed on the meat for ages that night. I guess a can of something got opened that night and then there was the exploding steam pudding . Something to do with not putting the lid on the pudding basin tight enough - jeez those things can get up a bit of pressure!!
Come on domestic godesses - time to share those culinary disasters[}:)][;)][:0]

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #211033 by kathken
Replied by kathken on topic Fail safe roast chicken
exploding things.......

made an egg fritata in a pyrex dish and after it was cooked pulled it out and left on the top of the stove, somehow, unbeknowns to me, one of the elements was on low:rolleyes::confused:[:I] and next thing there was a big explosion and glass and egg all over the kitchen. what a mess.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #211043 by Kiwismum
Replied by Kiwismum on topic Fail safe roast chicken
Ha Ha boiled eggs in the microwave make a hugh mess, and I managed to break the microwave at the same time.[}:)] At that time we had no oven yet so it was the only way I had to cook.:rolleyes:

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
A person only gains light
by bringing light into another's life
www.dreamforthree.co.nz/

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #211071 by NZ Appaloosas
funnily enough, my biggest disaster also involved a pyrex dish...pyrex dishes placed under the griller of a gas stove tend to break...I think we ate out that night. Oh, and I learned the hard way that an Irish Catholic girl canNOT cook a Jewish Kosher meal...

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #211108 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Fail safe roast chicken
Then there was the fruit cake cooked in the microwave when they were *new* gadgets ... 2 mins ... still looks raw .......2more mins .... still looks raw ... 2 more mins STILL looks raw ... this goes on for quite some time .... strewth you could've built a house out of the solid fruit cake brick if they were mass manufactured!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: and the bloody thing STILL looked raw[:0][:(!][:I]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #211109 by terralee
Cooking lesson 101 when cooking wild turkeys ... always remove grass bag thingie from inside bird before bunging in the oven[xx(] phew the pong ... could not go in the house for hours:rolleyes:
Cheers

• chooky
14 years 2 weeks ago #211111 by chooky
Hey Leonie - I also did the microwave cake over cooking as well . Well the bloody things never look cooked eh .I think mine went in the bin with the plastic ring thingy it was cooked in . :D

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #211120 by terralee
Them was the good'ole days Chooks[:I]
I never did get the hang of baking in a microwave :confused:... just not the same and reverted back to ordinary oven [^].
MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm wonder if devan has any secret recipes to share with us[;)]
Cheers

• chooky
14 years 2 weeks ago #211129 by chooky
She seems to have gone very quiet re. the cooking malarky. Unless she is compiling a recipe dossier that will rival Aunt Daisy and doesn't have the time to give us a bit of cheek [;)] :D [}:)]

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #211273 by rob
Replied by rob on topic Fail safe roast chicken
by the looks of things, Devan's place would be you of the safest houses to eat at, if the food did not kill you the flying glass would[;)]

Rob

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds