is this business still going

More
13 years 11 months ago #13689 by rob
i am trying to find a business around the Rangiriri area. it was next to the southern m'way on the left hand side going south. it does or used to do indoor/outdoor wooden furniture. i am not sure if its been sold now. i cannot remember the name of the place. can anyone help?

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #210681 by Pumpkingirl
I can't help Rob, but have you tried ringing Midway Nursery at Rangiriri? They'll probably be able to give you the name and number, I imagine they are nearby :D

Midway Nursery - Rangiriri
07 8263237

More
13 years 11 months ago #210721 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic is this business still going
Rob - depending on what type of wooden furniture you are after, someone has opened a new (maybe them) or updated a business in one of the last urban houses on the road that goes past the Pukekohe Hosptal out towards Fiskens/Tuakau. Clear as mud?

It is the older style - at least the chairs out the front are but maybe it is worth a look? Can't help with your original question.

More
13 years 11 months ago #210726 by PRU2
Replied by PRU2 on topic is this business still going
Hi Rob, the Midway Nursey has moved to the Gordonton Road area.
Phone the Rangirir Pub, 826 3647. The Furniture shop is still there, has been on the market for a while.

More
13 years 11 months ago #210826 by xevbellringer
Was that the place on the Rangiriri main st? Had lots of wood furniture - a lot of it imported from Asia & also did home-made chocolate & confectionary. I've been in there a couple of times, but not recently... Handmade Rangiriri, 10 Austen St.

More
13 years 11 months ago #210830 by rob
Replied by rob on topic is this business still going
its been a long time since we have been there, but all going well we will go for a drive this Saturday a check it out, will let you know what happens.
we hope its still there as it has great stuff, built like a brick you know what

Rob

More
13 years 11 months ago #210921 by PRU2
We had tea at the Rangiriri pub last week and it was still there Rob :D , but they are trying to sell it. Am not aware of imported furniture being sold there, have only ever seen locally made stuff.

More
13 years 11 months ago #211021 by rob
Replied by rob on topic is this business still going
pru2,

it is just local gear and no imported stuff thank goodness

Rob

More
13 years 11 months ago #211024 by PRU2
As far as I am aware Rob(but have been known to be wrong before[:I]), it is local, made from Kauri, rimu ect...Have two small items made from rimu, a fruit bowl and hot plate. :) I really liked one of their large dinning tables and chairs, but we have a 'timber' house.[}:)]
Cool coffee tables, they have filled holes in the swamp kauri with resin inlaying starfish and other thingys.
Haven't been thru there for over a year or so, things may have changed:rolleyes:

More
13 years 11 months ago #211035 by xevbellringer
They did have the solid handmade stuff as well. But when I actually talked to the owners about where some of it came from I was quite surprised. I really liked one of the desk type things, It had a lot of small draws & shelves - it turned out to be from China! That was some years ago though...

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds