Blog advice needed please!

More
14 years 8 months ago #1368 by wedtoiain
I've never done a blog and have no idea how to set one up. What I am wanting to do is set up a memorial blog for my daughter so that family and friends can share their memories and photos etc of her on the blog. I've found memorial blog sites for America and the UK but nothing for NZ. Does anyone know if there is a NZ based site for such things or how I should go about setting such a blog up. Thanks in advance. Diana

70 acres with 1 husband, 1 mother-in-law, cattle, horses, dogs, cats, chooks, wild ducks, pigs.[:D][:D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maggies mum
14 years 8 months ago #58859 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Blog advice needed please!
I use Blogger, very easy to use, it has to be cos I'm computer illiterate!

There's a link to mine in my signature, have a look and see if it's the sort of thing you are after.

I have tried facebook but I disabled it today, I wasn't impressed with it at all, and it was of no use to me whatsoever really!

More
14 years 8 months ago #58862 by wedtoiain
Something like that. I also want others to be able to post photos as well. Is that possible?

70 acres with 1 husband, 1 mother-in-law, cattle, horses, dogs, cats, chooks, wild ducks, pigs.[:D][:D]

• maggies mum
14 years 8 months ago #58864 by maggies mum
Yep thats easy too, when you add your posts there should be an icon that allows to directly link form your computer. The only thin I find with it is that the picture always goes to the top of your post. So what I do is cut and paste it to where I want it in the text.

I suggest you have a wee play first to get your head round it. If you get stuck let me now and I'll see if I can help you out!

More
14 years 8 months ago #58868 by wedtoiain
So do I just type in blogspot in the search engine to get to the site or what? Here speaketh the ignorant one.

• maggies mum
14 years 8 months ago #58873 by maggies mum
Click on the top link in my signature, when it opens, at the top of the page it will say
'create blog', click on that, unless you already have a google account, you will need to set one up, it wont take long, then follow the links for the blog.

Failing that then yes just google it! ;)

• maggies mum
14 years 8 months ago #58875 by maggies mum

More
14 years 8 months ago #58880 by wedtoiain
Thank you. My son thinks I'm an ignoramous when it comes to computers but my husband makes me feel like an expert. (Well in my dreams anyway.)

• maggies mum
14 years 8 months ago #58900 by maggies mum
Funny enough it's the same in this house lol!

Let me know how you get on!

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds