Its official im sick :(

More
15 years 10 months ago #13628 by Westermans
Had to take my sorry ass to the doc and i have a chest infection that has got me grounded and housebound *%"!*&%£$"!( Not happy at all...who will go wandering to check for lambies now :( I am not allowed outside AT ALL not letting milly the puppy out for pees and a HUGE NO NO to wandering the paddocks in my PJ's looking for lambs [:I]
I am hoping that if i stick to the rules and take my tablets that i will be ok in 48hr..enough to go out well dressed at least with a scarf around my chest and mouth so i dont breath in the cold air...doc told me if i dont behave i may end up in hospital for 2 weeks with phnewmonia (SP) cant spell it and dont want it either so i will be a good girl and the teens can help me out more...YEH RIGHT that is a tui advert alright!!

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #209838 by The Kats Place
Bummer! I hope you are feeling better soon - now you will be wanting that ewe to hold off rather that hurry up!

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
15 years 10 months ago #209839 by Louise W
Replied by Louise W on topic Its official im sick :(
Damn! I feel your pain. I have been norty though and have been outside every day, building up slowly. Not suggesting you go out! I just cannot stand being cooped up inside. I am ok as long as I take it easy and rest between doing bits and bobs.

Get well soon :)

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 10 months ago #209852 by cowmad
Replied by cowmad on topic Its official im sick :(
damm, can you see the animals from a window ? Perhaps bribery will make the teenagers keep an eye in things ie money.....i hope they are looking after you too in the nursing department. Would someone be able to drive you around the stock in a nice warm vehicle. Look after yourself, your animals need you back on deck as soon as, not laid up for two weeks or more.....sending health vibes your way.

More
15 years 10 months ago #209856 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic Its official im sick :(
I've got a chest infection as well, so I feel for you.
A couple of days of antib's & all should be well.
Seems to be going around at the moment...

More
15 years 10 months ago #209857 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Its official im sick :(
:( Poor Westie ... Get Well Soon :D I feel like s#*t too but mine is just an awful cold:([:(!] Hope your girls now hold off till you can enjoy the lambing and lambies[^] I got another 3 sets of twins today .... 27 lambs so far only 2 more of Ugly's harem left to lamb ... then it is Baa-neys hoggets in dribs and drabs:rolleyes:
Look after yourself and do as the Doc has told you :(
Thinking of you[;)]

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
15 years 10 months ago #209859 by Hasbeen
Replied by Hasbeen on topic Its official im sick :(
Girls do not play silly bugga's with your health.

I got pneumonia doing as you are, putting the jobs, kids & animals,first, & the outcome was heart disease.
I had no idea till years later when I had an xray after a heart scare.
They told me of the scaring left on my heart by the pneumonia.
Short time inconvenience is preferable to a shortened life from the complications of pneumonia.

Recovering Lifestyler

More
15 years 10 months ago #209865 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Its official im sick :(
Well said Hasbeen. Kick those teens into action and don't take no for an answer! Seriously! I have always been a MUM who put herself last after the kids and hubby (hell they can get ill like no other!) then fallen over ill once they were all better - this is a Mum thing - you let go - and fall over. What happens? SFA.

Hindsight can be magic! Mine are now grown up and I can look back and wonder what on earth I was thinking at the time. Don't let it happen and then when you are at my stage of life (20+ ha ha) you will know that you raised thoughtful considerate young adults.

More
15 years 10 months ago #209885 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Its official im sick :(
Hear hear DiDi and Hasbeen :D

Web Goddess

More
15 years 10 months ago #209925 by Westermans
Replied by Westermans on topic Its official im sick :(
Teens are out and have been over night, i collect the youngest one later today and the eldest on will come home with her dad from town. The sheep are keeping in eyes view, eve is the one i am more worried about and she is in view :) she is restless today so may have something to report :)
I am goingto chill and let everyone pamper me, hubby made me stay in bed this morning and let all the animals out to pee and back in, fed and watered and off he went :) He has been great but said its no fun when im sick as i dont pamper him..like i usually do :) MY TURN.
Hasbeen, i do not intend making myself worse, i cant afford to be any worse than this, i dont do sitting still very well so i will be pottering indside and resting when my body tells me too :)
Leonie, i think you are just skyting now.... :) :) :) i hope my lambing is a good as yours and as trouble free too.
I am feeling a bit better today, still coughing like i smoke 20 fags a day!! my body ius aching but i think that is due to sitting on my ass more than i am used too ;) oh and laying in bed with the puppy...so nice to cuddle up to her, so tiny...
back to watch the sheep from the window :)

www.westermans.co.nz

More
15 years 10 months ago #209929 by gemini kiwi
Replied by gemini kiwi on topic Its official im sick :(
Westerman get well soon hun. OH is just getting over yet another nasty cold, I'm sure its unhealthy air conditioned buildings that aren't maintained properly.,
I must have missed your post about your new puppy.

More
15 years 10 months ago #209987 by kathken
Replied by kathken on topic Its official im sick :(
i have a cold too which i got last week, and it has gone to my chest too. i went to the doctor and i had 2 days off last week, but went back to work this monday. felt a teeny bit better, but still crappy. coughing like a dog.

anyway yesterday i developed a reeealllyyy sore throat, could hardly swallow this morning, so i've been back to the doctor this morning, and he thinks i now have strep throat and have caught ANOTHER virus on top of the cold i already had. [xx(]

has ordered me to stay in bed till next monday and not go to work until tuesday. have AB's, codral night and day, throat gargle and strepsils.

suck... didnt have one cold at all last year, and now i've got 2 together!!!

can u guess i'm feeling sorry for myself. :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
15 years 10 months ago #210004 by gemini kiwi
Replied by gemini kiwi on topic Its official im sick :(
Hi Kath,
Gosh your all going down like 9 pins, I'll be the only one left standing if this keeps up. I don't tend to do colds and sniffles like my OH I seem to save it all up and get things ther'se no cure for.
Hope your keeping warm and feel better soon. Onwards and upwards......................
GK

More
15 years 10 months ago #210020 by Westermans
Replied by Westermans on topic Its official im sick :(
Kath you sound much worse than me...poor you...i am lucky that when i am ill there is no one to answer too as i dont work away from here...i wouldnt say i dont work as my shifts start at 6.30 and dont finish till 7ish..so i put whole days in :)
I hope you get well soon, keep tucked up in bed..and i should take some of my own medicine and get myself off to bed too...toodle pip guys
CK, we got Milly the tiney puppy last week that is how i have fell ill....lack of sleep has caused my immune system to get so low that i got this from god only knows who!! i am normally a bucket of smiles looking after everyone else..my turn now to be looked after. The youngest teen is a dream, the oldest one...NO IDEA..she thought by being on bebo she was helping...go figure!!

www.westermans.co.nz

More
15 years 10 months ago #210053 by kathken
Replied by kathken on topic Its official im sick :(

Westermans;184086 wrote: that is how i have fell ill....lack of sleep has caused my immune system to get so low

same here. too much stress lately with family (father) illness and lots of sick animals. stress is not good for the health ay.
i havent got children, so at least i dont have to worry there when i'm sick in bed, but the 9 fur babies we have all need feeding, and lucky for me, hubby has sort of taken over a lot of that - which suits me down to the ground lately.
do you know... i reckon the supermarket is a great way to pick up bugs. when we were there last week, we walked past quite a few people in the aisles who let out these awful sneezes and coughs, and ya gotta walk right through it....yuuukkkkk. not to mention germie trolley handles and eftpos machines.
westermans and all the other sickies out there, make sure you rest up well, like my doc said i need to...learnt my lesson, as i probably didnt rest enough last week,and after initially improving slightly, i'm now worse.

ps thank goodness for laptops and wireless connection...i can stay in bed and check out LSB without getting up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds