2 motorised post hole borers thrown out!

More
13 years 11 months ago #13625 by max2
SOH had a fairly crappy day yesterday however was brightened by the "find" of 2 motorised post hole borers, left and right, that someone was throwing out in their quarterly rubbish drive....

And as a bonus the owner of the property said they still work, he was throwing them out because he had no need for them. (his FIL had been a fencer). One even has a tungsten tip which SOH was very excited about.

So 2 more things to be water blasted for our departure to NZ....

Its amazing what some people throw out. SOH guessimates they would be worth around $2500 odd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• chooky
13 years 11 months ago #209800 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic 2 motorised post hole borers thrown out!
Great find Swaggie - you never know when they might come in handy :cool:[;)] :) [^]

More
13 years 11 months ago #209805 by reggit
Some folk just have more money than sense! [:0] Good find, Swaggie's OH.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 11 months ago #209807 by Pumpkingirl
Holy cow, what a good find!

I love it when things like that happen :D

More
13 years 11 months ago #209814 by max2
Its something to cross off the purchase list for our arrival.

One of them is exactly the same model and make as his NZ fencing mate used to own, so much excitement indeed.[8D]

(but I do have secret concerns what he will be like when he is 69 if he is picking through potential clients rubbish heaps now when he is 49).

More
13 years 11 months ago #209817 by hilldweller
Ooooh, tungsten-tipped - that's what the fencers had to use for part of the last lot of fencing here - so should you need any fences built on solid rock, you'll be well equipped :)

hilldweller

More
13 years 11 months ago #209821 by sundaysbest
Mr Man is still out there in the pouring rain PHB-ing...
Nice find Swaggie...
Funny what boys get excited about isn't it - I would have been more pleased with $2500 horse gear or even a measly goat hut, old bath for trough etc... :) he he
Sundays

More
13 years 11 months ago #209830 by GrantK

swaggie;183867 wrote: ...(but I do have secret concerns what he will be like when he is 69 if he is picking through potential clients rubbish heaps now when he is 49).

Well Swaggie, my father is a bit over 69 and he has had a lifelong habit of going through other people's trash, just in case he might find some treasure... :(

Where this habit eventually leads to is not pretty if it gets out of hand as it has in my father's case. I would nip it in the bud while you still can [;)]

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
13 years 11 months ago #209841 by The Kats Place
Great score. He's not a hoarder himself is he?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
13 years 11 months ago #209848 by max2

The Kats Place;183898 wrote: Great score. He's not a hoarder himself is he?

We have roughly 9 weeks or so until we move over the ditch so on the weekend SOH sat down in his workshop to sort through "his stuff".

Apart from finding a few things he thought were lost, getting him to sort through odd buckets of plumbing stuff, trimming the wire off old antenna eyelets for roof tiles, and bucketing up his smaller tools, some of the junk actually made it into the bin, although I am somewhat surprised that the bin actually made it off the ground this morning and that the truck didn't tipple over sideways......:rolleyes:

More
13 years 11 months ago #209849 by max2

GrantK;183884 wrote: Well Swaggie, my father is a bit over 69 and he has had a lifelong habit of going through other people's trash, just in case he might find some treasure... :(

Where this habit eventually leads to is not pretty if it gets out of hand as it has in my father's case. I would nip it in the bud while you still can [;)]

I am keeping an eye on him now, although the post hole borers were a bit hard to argue against..[8D]

More
13 years 11 months ago #209867 by DiDi
Haha haha - and who needs fencing done...ME! Could be useful knowing you lot given that fencerman just disappears when you mention fencing. [}:)] Well...he does...down South, Police College...sigh

More
13 years 11 months ago #209875 by betenoir
You don't really need two post hole borers[;)]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

More
13 years 11 months ago #209930 by max2

betenoir;183932 wrote: You don't really need two post hole borers[;)]

Well this will give a few of you a bit of a laugh, and as you know I am not the "farmer" in our family (rather the gardener) but I was thinking being a left hander and the SOH a right hander, that "finding" two working post hole borers in a throw out, would be some sort of sick joke my FIL would play on me from the "world above".....[:0]:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He would find that particularly funny.

(although I am sure lefts and rights aren't designed for left handers and right handers but for the process of use, but it was a thought....)[8D]

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds