Banana cake?

More
13 years 11 months ago #13623 by devan
Banana cake? was created by devan
I know its short notice but can anyone give me an idiot proof recipe for a nice moist banana cake? It's the boyfriends birthday tommorrow and i've been a right cow lately so i thought i'd bake him a cake...please bear in mind my intense dislike of all things cooking and my total ineptitude in the kitchen [;)]
Ha ha he actually thinks i've forgotten his birthday too.... I said to him last night could he come over thurs and his little face lit up, why he says with a big grin, i said oh i need you to help me drench some sheep lol.
Well his face just dropped :D I even brought him a present ...gosh i'm nice-NOT [:0]

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #209770 by hilldweller
Replied by hilldweller on topic Banana cake?
The Edmonds recipe's a tried and true one, and easy.

hilldweller

More
13 years 11 months ago #209772 by Pumpkingirl
Replied by Pumpkingirl on topic Banana cake?
Years ago, I made my best ever moist banana cake, and you actually cooked the mashed bananas in a little pot on the stove until they turned into a creamy liquid - however, I can't find it.

This one looks good - www.bananacakerecipe.co.nz/banana-cake-recipe.asp?id=2

The trick I think is to use the oldest, brownest bananas... and don't over-cook!

More
13 years 11 months ago #209773 by devan
Replied by devan on topic Banana cake?
Hmmmm i have the choice of banana's that have been festering in the bottom of the fridge for an unspecified period of time and aren't much more than slimey stuff wrapped in brown banana skin or some that i brought yeaterday that are starting to go mushy but the skin is kinda 1/2 brown 1/2 yellow....which is better?

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
13 years 11 months ago #209782 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Banana cake?

devan;183823 wrote: Hmmmm i have the choice of banana's that have been festering in the bottom of the fridge for an unspecified period of time and aren't much more than slimey stuff wrapped in brown banana skin or some that i brought yeaterday that are starting to go mushy but the skin is kinda 1/2 brown 1/2 yellow....which is better?

The slimy ones make the best banana cake, just next time your bananas are going off, shove them in the freezer for longer term storage, and defrost overnight...

I also 2nd the edmonds recipe. That is the one I use with our black slimey ones...

More
13 years 11 months ago #209784 by Pumpkingirl
I'd go brown/slushy, or alternatively, for extra, extra, extra points :D , you could make two cakes, one with half n half bananas, one with slushy/brown and give him a taste test to see which one is better.

If you like banana cake, two is always better than one :D

More
13 years 11 months ago #209786 by devan
Wash your mouth out PG :D Thats just not funny.....what part of "hate cooking" did you not understand lol [;)]
Actually i don't even like banana cake..... thats why i don't know how to make it, but i make the best carrot cake you will ever taste!

More
13 years 11 months ago #209790 by Pumpkingirl

devan;183837 wrote: Wash your mouth out PG :D Thats just not funny.....what part of "hate cooking" did you not understand lol [;)]
Actually i don't even like banana cake..... thats why i don't know how

Yes, but if you're making one (cough, splutter), then making two just means a few minutes of extra mixing of ingredients you already have out.

I'm not a huge cooking fan, but you're going for efficiency here!! You could freeze one and then present it on a different occasion with "look what I did for you!".

More
13 years 11 months ago #209794 by devan
Hmmmmm brownie points maybe? Na too hard, i'll just shag him instead lol :D

More
13 years 11 months ago #209795 by Pumpkingirl
TMI Devan, TMI[:0]

More
13 years 11 months ago #209799 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Banana cake?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

But he will be hungry afterwards Devan! You still going to need that 2nd cake. :D [;)]

• chooky
13 years 11 months ago #209804 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic Banana cake?
Hope the cake(s)work Devan [:I]:o[;)][;)].

More
13 years 11 months ago #209806 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Banana cake?
probably a bit late now but I make a melt and mix chocolate and banana cake that is divine and so very easy. Most of my recipe books are either packed up ready to move or still in Wellington so I can't find it for you - it is an Allyson Gofton one and is in her Baking book, though doesn't appear to be on her webpage. Somebody may have her book?

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 11 months ago #209818 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic Banana cake?
Geez girl, you are sounding all domesticated ... LOL

More
13 years 11 months ago #209820 by sundaysbest
Replied by sundaysbest on topic Banana cake?
Definately the Edmonds one... I find the more slap happy I am with it, ie: not heating the milk and stuff the better it is... also I take it out 10mins before it recommends and it's wonderfully moist for 3 days!!!
Sundays

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds