alluminum corrigated iron nibbler sold on tv

More
13 years 11 months ago #13437 by Hestia
Someone that hs bought this kit they sold on a commercial on tv?
the comercial is not on anymore and I can not find the product.
what brand was it?
was it any good?

need it to cut edges on alluminum roof on chook and bunny house.
also thinking about if you can do something and sell.
(they had a booklet of how to do and what to do when it comes to art and decoration things)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #207159 by spoook
Why don't you hire one first to do the work you want. That way you can find out haw easy / hard it is to do.
I remember the ad but they did not tell you the price, you would have to ring in for that.
Anything sold on an 0800 ad is always heaps more that they should be, someone has to pay for the advertising :(

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 11 months ago #207165 by Simkin
There are 'As Seen on TV' stores but I would never set my foot into one of them. Wait long enough and the item that was $$$$$ on TV appears in the 2 Dollar Shop or in The Warehouse for a fraction of the price.

More
13 years 11 months ago #207174 by GrantK

Suzanne;180912 wrote: need it to cut edges on alluminum roof on chook and bunny house.

I have cut normal roofing iron quite successfully with 2 different tools:

- A Jigsaw (cost less than $50 from Bunnings)

- Some Tinsnips (cost even less)

Tinsnips give the nicest job, but it is hard work for larger sheets when you get away from the edges. You will also need quite strong hands for thicker metal.

A Jigsaw will cut any size or thickness of sheets (up to say 5 or 6mm thick), but it can be hard to keep to a straight line and it is also easy to break the blades if you aren't careful.

Either way will work with a bit of practice and for goodness sake don't buy the overpriced rubbish from the TV Shop :)

More
13 years 11 months ago #207191 by beedee
I was interested in that and actually ph'd, about $340 from memory but I found nearly the same thing at M10 for about $60 called a double headed cutter, which does work and a girl can use..but slower on the corrugated iron than a jigsaw.
Tins snips are only for the first 2 inches then they become items of torture.
A jigsaw works faster, but the double headed thingee will go around corners etc easier.... I had about 20 sheets of corr. iron to cut in half and so the BIL resorted to the jigsaw as the uneveness didnt matter.

More
13 years 11 months ago #207201 by Hestia
Thanks guys :)I thought about buying the thing itself from for instance M10 and then I wanted to get a hold of the instruction for the tv shop one so I could get ideas of what to do and how to do it,,if easy and fun try to do stuff and sell,,

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds