for Skyline Glen....

More
14 years 5 days ago #13346 by max2
for Skyline Glen.... was created by max2
Read and weep....

today, unpackaged "lefts" $A15.00, packaged "rights" "normal" $A29.00

sorry, was only one unpackaged, SOH scooped them for his NZ roofing needs this week....[:I][8D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 days ago #205759 by skyline_glenn
Replied by skyline_glenn on topic for Skyline Glen....
Damn, $15 is cheap. Lucky I still have a set left.
It still defies belief at how a company operating on either side of the Tasman can have such different prices for the same thing.
What sort of roofing does your Husband do? I am mainly on commercial longrun but do a few houses inbetween when the weather isn't up to laying 20+m sheets. Just doing a pig of a job at the moment, 5000sq/m ith 36 penetrations measuring 2.8x2.8 along with heaps of clearlites, all with a cavity. So we nett the roof, lay white paper then timber over the perlins, place insulation blanket into cavity then run building paper over then roof sheet. All while 20m up with perlin spaces at 1.8m. The most amount of sheets in a row not cut around a penetration is 4. Also when we come to a clearlite we have to stop the timber and wrap the paper around to close the cavity. I'm really not enjoying it as you cant get a rhytham going nor speed.

Glenn

More
14 years 4 days ago #205791 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic for Skyline Glen....
These days he mainly does tiling repairs and/or restoration, his back is stuffed so doesn't do new tile roofs, but a little bit of colourbond on the side to keep his hand in, and the trade material discounts up.

We have sold the business and finishing up roofing in NSW end of September.

We are really blown away by how much you (NZer's) are paying for your coloursteel roofs. We worked our rebuild out to be worth material wise 50% of what we are being quoted in NZ, even with trade discount in NZ...

Yet other expenses such as motor vehicle licensing, are way below ours.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds