Dogs and beds

More
13 years 11 months ago #13338 by Anne
Dogs and beds was created by Anne
Last night I got to wondering:
Why is it that even though the dog is only jack russell sized and the bed is king sized and there is only me and the dog in it - the dog still manages to take up most of the bed?
Why is it that although the night begins with her outside the covers at the bottom of the bed, I wake to find her under to covers with her head as close to being on the pillow as she can manage?
Why is it that, despite the fact that she's female and not of the homo sapiens species, I am still woken by snoring?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #205553 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Dogs and beds
Ditto, I had the SOH on one side of me last night, and Hugo the Burmese buried under the quilt with his head in my armpit making similar noises to the SOH on the other...

As least I was warm......[8D]

More
13 years 11 months ago #205554 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Dogs and beds
Anne, it is one of life's mysteries :D hubby would probably add the question:

'why it is when my wife is away on work trips and the dog and I have the whole king sized bed to ourselves, I still end up pushed to the edge of the bed by a fox terrier sized critter that insists on sleeping as close to me as possible?' [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 11 months ago #205587 by Llew
Replied by Llew on topic Dogs and beds

This one's not allowed on the furniture, but a few Christmases ago when she was hiding from a herd of children, she obviously figured out exactly what a pillow is for.

This was taken about a half second before a startled & guilty dog rocketed off the bed & took off outside.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• maggies mum
13 years 11 months ago #205588 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Dogs and beds
I wake up every morning with a Max (foxie) snuggled between me & BD, this morning he was on his back, nose in the air and his paws draped over the top of the sheet!!
He does start off in his bed then sneaks in whilst we are sleeping, little bugger. He's a great little hot water bottle! ;)

More
13 years 11 months ago #205596 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Dogs and beds

• alexwm1234
13 years 11 months ago #205611 by alexwm1234
Replied by alexwm1234 on topic Dogs and beds
The true story of a girlA girl like the United States playing World of Warcraft, and many of her friends that her: one day you would lose all the Power leveling, her family also Say so. But she is still young perseverance WOW Power leveling , she would use all his approach to various WOW powerleveling accounts , she spent earn like a game of water Power leveling , he poorer day by day, because her friends are relatives of Power leveling crazy rely on and away from her, she also received a lot of the same Health together with the death of aof friend the game. This so-called, the gains will lose it. One day, she decided what should be done, so he found a braved untold dangers of friends together developed a perfect plan: in the United States to set up a world's most Big game service platform for friends around the world to provide WOW Power leveling, World of Warcraft ACCOUNT, Warcraft ITERM, WOW GOLD, Age of Conan Power leveling, PL HONOR, Powerleveling PACKAGE ,etc. They look forward to the successful because they have to find the lost friends and relatives, where they fell on the choice of where to stand up ...! You do...

More
13 years 11 months ago #205633 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Dogs and beds
Or as a puppy, she sure takes up more room now.

More
13 years 11 months ago #205635 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Dogs and beds
Luckily ours doesn't take up quite so much space!

Attached files [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/179289=700-tigger small.jpg[/img]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 11 months ago #205645 by BillyTheTractor
Replied by BillyTheTractor on topic Dogs and beds
we don't let our dogs sleep in the bed. it's a terrible habit.

Wee Farm

More
13 years 11 months ago #205647 by Giddyup
Replied by Giddyup on topic Dogs and beds
What wonderful pics yous!

Our Buddha has his own bed - a rectangular shaped thing on legs, with a foam mattress, duvet and cover, mink blanket and a pillow.
I reckon this is sick. Everyone else looks at me and says: Get over it mum, it's his BED!

15 acres, 9 horses, 7 sheep, 50 chickens, 1 jersey cow, 3 black cats, 1 border/beardie cross, 2 cockateils, several possums and....3 teenagers[}:)]

More
13 years 11 months ago #205650 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Dogs and beds
Tigger, that is exactly how Oska sleeps! the more pillows around the better....

More
13 years 11 months ago #205653 by Hintzashouse
Replied by Hintzashouse on topic Dogs and beds
My turn ...

• maggies mum
13 years 11 months ago #205655 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Dogs and beds
You do realise that some doggy psychoanalyst type is gonna come along any minute and tell us where we are going wrong!

But am I bovvered tho! ;)

More
13 years 11 months ago #205660 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Dogs and beds
We put a blanket on the bed to stop the dogs leaving paw prints on the duvet cover. HA! Yeah right! Bria scratches the blanket back so she can get to the duvet cover and THEN she will lie down.

Pilot jumps on the bed very gently and steps around and around making herself smaller and smaller, like a wound up clock spring, when she's in a tight enough knot, she sits her bum down and gives top half an extra half turn just to tighten herself up a little more.

Pilot likes to snuggle in close which in a way is quite nice and comforting.
Bria sleeps like a prawn, back legs and tail up near her nose.

They both have dreams and can wake you up making the funniest wee high pitched woof noises with one back leg pretending to run and the front paws twitching.

They both have a bed to sleep on, Bria uses hers but Pilot doesn't plus we had one soft bed in the lounge. If Bria was in it, Pilot wanted it. If Pilot was in it, Bria wanted it. If no one was in it, no one wanted it. We got another soft bed just to save the arguments. It also gives them somewhere to be.

Having a couple of beds in the lounge, we are able to tell them both to get on their beds and they have somewhere to go. Otherwise they don't know where to put themselves and wander around like a couple of dozy blowflies getting under foot. They both know which bed is theirs. Brias bed in the favourite though, it's the older one with bits missing thanks to Pilots busy puppy teeth.

If they head for the wrong bed, they are told "NO, on YOUR bed" and they will give that sad puppy look and go to their bed.

Neither of them are allowed on the couch but when no one is in the lounge, Bria will sneak up and make herself small in the corner. Sometimes I don't even notice she's up there. A simple "Heh hem" gets her moving and she slinks off under the couch with THAT look, head down, eyes up, slight swaggery waddle is if to say Awwwww ok then. (with a pout)

Yakut

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds