I am soooo over city boys

More
14 years 1 week ago #13247 by devan
Well thats it....from here on in i am only gonna date country boys! I am so sick of meeting guys that think its great to meet an independant woman who knows how to build a fence, shoot a possum, drench her own stock etc...and then when you actually try to do it they HAVE to take over and screw it up!!!!! Why do men have such a problem being shown how to do something by a female? Does anyone know any nice farmy type blokes they can introduce me to?
Maybe i should just give up and get more cats [;)]

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #204173 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic I am soooo over city boys

devan;177684 wrote: I am so sick of meeting guys that think its great to meet an independant woman who knows how to build a fence, shoot a possum, drench her own stock etc...and then when you actually try to do it they HAVE to take over and screw it up!!!!! [;)]

Where can I find a man like that? :( If I can't cope with something here I get the 'get hard, you girl' line thrown at me [:0][}:)]

Somehow finding the middle ground is an ongoing effort in relationships, it seems [;)]

So what has been screwed up this time - apart from the relationship, by the sound of it? [}:)] :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 1 week ago #204176 by Pumpkingirl

devan;177684 wrote: Maybe i should just give up and get more cats [;)]

There are advantages and disadvantes with that theory[;)] :D

I have also found the older I get, some of the fundamentals* I'd like in a partner seriously limit the ever-decreasing pool of possibilities. Do you know how few men own diggers? Or should I say, do you know how many unmarried-with-a-brain-not-aged-over-50-men-with-a-digger there are in this country? :D [;)]

*he doesn't have to be rich, handsome or anything else shallow and meaningless but he does need a good sense of humour, a tolerance (at least0 of animals, be able to handle a woman with (at least) half a brain[:0], and like living in the country :D

That last one is a problem too. Some people don't like living in the country. Weird!!

• Toni - Northland
14 years 1 week ago #204178 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic I am soooo over city boys

devan;177684 wrote: Well thats it....from here on in i am only gonna date country boys! I am so sick of meeting guys that think its great to meet an independant woman who knows how to build a fence, shoot a possum, drench her own stock etc...and then when you actually try to do it they HAVE to take over and screw it up!!!!! Why do men have such a problem being shown how to do something by a female? Does anyone know any nice farmy type blokes they can introduce me to?
Maybe i should just give up and get more cats [;)]

Devan, let me introduce you to Shaun.[;)]

More
14 years 1 week ago #204179 by devan
Replied by devan on topic I am soooo over city boys
Yep i'm in the same boat pumpkin girl :D This time he screwd up the rather simple task of bringing 3 calves up to the yards for the stock truck to collect for the sales. He decided to do it by himself and turned all the electric fences OFF! :confused: Hence 2 calves went to the sales and 1 galloped thru 3 fences and snapped 3 posts!
Dunno what possessed him to think that he could bring the damn things up by himself after i had asked him to come over to give me a hand...obviously if it was a 1 man job i would have done it myself!

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
14 years 1 week ago #204183 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic I am soooo over city boys
LOL, I'm single too and no pretty single chick I find wants to leave the bright lights of the city :( :P

Maybe kate should diversify... LifeStyleSingles.co.nz anyone? :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
14 years 1 week ago #204184 by devan
LOL Toni i think Shaun is younger than me, i don't mind but he might :D How old is he?
Wonder if Rob is still in Pukekohe [;)]

More
14 years 1 week ago #204186 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic I am soooo over city boys

devan;177684 wrote: ... Does anyone know any nice farmy type blokes they can introduce me to?

Are they any different?

Pumpkingirl;177691 wrote: ... Or should I say, do you know how many unmarried-with-a-brain-not-aged-over-50-men-with-a-digger there are in this country? :D [;)]

Gee, what's wrong with over-50? At least the one here could drive a digger if he had one. :D :D :D :D :D

He might also be free and single shortly, he says, if I don't learn to make him a better cup of coffee! [}:)] :p Discipline is obviously slipping.

More
14 years 1 week ago #204188 by Gracelands

Pumpkingirl;177691 wrote: Do you know how few men own diggers? Or should I say, do you know how many unmarried-with-a-brain-not-aged-over-50-men-with-a-digger there are in this country? :D [;)]

*he doesn't have to be rich, handsome or anything else shallow and meaningless but he does need a good sense of humour, a tolerance (at least0 of animals, be able to handle a woman with (at least) half a brain[:0], and like living in the country :D

PG, I keep telling ya. My little brother fits ALL your requirements! As soon as he gets back from his latest little overseas boozing jaunt, I'll hook you up! :D :D And if you weren't too keen on the disheveled shaggy look, there's always Devan. [;)]

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

More
14 years 1 week ago #204189 by reggit

Isla;177701 wrote: He might also be free and single shortly, he says, if I don't learn to make him a better cup of coffee! [}:)] :p Discipline is obviously slipping.

Cripes, nip that in the bud right quick, Isla. Nothing worse than upstart Staff getting above themselves! [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 1 week ago #204192 by Gracelands
I make a great cup of coffee. :D Grind my own beans, and everything. Send him down, Isla. I can always send you my little brother as a replacement....[;)]

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

More
14 years 1 week ago #204193 by devan
lol Isla :D only want under 50 cos i'm mid-late 30's so more than 50 might be pushing it a bit.
Its not that i mind him stuffing up...everyone makes mistakes, its the way he sulks when i try to explain things to him AND bugger me he then went to try and get the fence busting calf in the morning (on his own again) and STILL didn't turn the f*#*#ing fences on and it went thru another 2 fences. All this after i told him it was a waste of time trying to move 1 animal on its own....sigh :(

More
14 years 1 week ago #204196 by Llew
Replied by Llew on topic I am soooo over city boys
This guy doesn't own a digger then? Bugger.

:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
14 years 1 week ago #204198 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic I am soooo over city boys

Gracelands;177708 wrote: I make a great cup of coffee. :D Grind my own beans, and everything. Send him down, Isla. I can always send you my little brother as a replacement....[;)]

Damn. He says he could be there by dark. I'd better go and sort this out.[:0]

More
14 years 1 week ago #204199 by reggit
[:0] Kate, looks like we need to add a 'swap or trade' section to the classifieds! [;)][}:)]

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds