Advice from the Mum's out there?

More
15 years 10 months ago #205895 by Telly
Excellent!

Goats: 4 boers + 4 kids (all does[:D]), 1 saanen + 2 kids, 1 toggenburg.
Chickens: Barred Rock, Light Sussex, Araucana, pekins
Pigs now in the freezer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #205900 by terralee
YAY .......... go the parsley ... go Angie and Mr Angie ... yep go enjoy the peace ... for now[;)][;)][;)]
CONGRATULATIONS
Cheers :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
15 years 10 months ago #205909 by Hintzashouse
Well done Angie & Mr Angie. !
I would highly recommend the sleeping bag with hood that comes (or used to) as an accessory with the mountain buggy type pushchairs. The safety harness goes through the back of the sleeping bag around the baby, but not the front. So baby is snug and warm when you are out in all weathers.

• Toni - Northland
15 years 10 months ago #205925 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Advice from the Mum's out there?
Told ya it worked Angie. I am very pleased for you. You know we will all be following this and expect updates. :) A girl at work is trying to get pregnant, I told her I would take her in a parsley plant but warned her the last person I gave one too had triplets, she said she wouldn't mind twins, so who knows.[^]

• chooky
15 years 10 months ago #205928 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic Advice from the Mum's out there?

How exciting !

More
15 years 10 months ago #205992 by Angie
Aww shucks.. [:I] Thanks guys

I feel a bit ripped off though.. I'm supposed to be having all sorts of signs and symptoms according to the books, but all I've had so far was a nosebleed after sobbing my heart out over the breakfast dishes this morning.

And everyone else had a celebratory glass of wine last night. I had a glass of milk. :(

Nevermind - NOW I can go shopping! :D

Echo Ridge - Dexters, Sheepies and Labradors

"Don't wait for the light to appear at the end of the tunnel. Stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!" - Sarah Henderson

More
15 years 10 months ago #206010 by Ziggy
My kids are now 5 & 8 but looking back at them growing up the things I wouldn't do without...... sleep ... babies love some sense of routine, no seriously when they were really little a bouncer and play gym for the floor. As they got to hold their necks up a good backpack was a must, a jolly jumper and a baby swing. My most prized thing which you can keep forever (handy sometimes for unexpected vistors staying over) is a porter cot great for both babies and toddlers and gives you so much more freedom.

Have fun.

More
15 years 10 months ago #206013 by Sunflower
Things I wouldn't do without, a fulltime live in Nanny[;)]
No seriously...
Breastfeeding, worth the trouble getting the hang of it.
If you can get to 12 months breast feeding then you can go onto cows milk and never buy formula.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?

More
15 years 10 months ago #206025 by Ziggy
Yep agree sunflower breast feeding if able to 12 months is great! I breast feed one of mine to 3 months then went back to work so she was 1/2 breast 1/2 bottle till around 9/10 months, the boy was too hungry for me and was bottle feed from around one month old.

But I am a firm believer in if they are old enough to ask for the milk bar they are old enough not to need it :)

More
15 years 10 months ago #206071 by Birman Babe
Gosh, that was quick work ..lol...congratulation
My daughter is looking fantastic, never seen her looking so well.
Now that shes got over that first trimester shes started blooming..

More
14 years 6 months ago #306690 by chicken_itis
I havn't read all the previous posts as there is a lot!
I have a 5month old girl and I have been using 'pocket nappies' and 'all in one nappies'
I love them. I can't stand polluting for the sake of 'convenience'. (I find theses convenient :) )
The time it takes for washing, hanging, folding, etc is not very much. Easily comparable to having to go to the shop to buy disposables.
I use around 7 disposables a week at nights (after she started sleeping through) and also when we go out as it's better to have less bulk when they are in their car seat. I cringe buying them! lol.
I have occasional leakages but this is not tooo different to disposables. Just making sure they are done up tight enough etc to suit the style of nappy and your bubs tummy and legs.
I don't rinse mine before washing them :D
They go in buckets with water and washing powder then into machine when bucket/s are full. I put them on once with powder then again without. and only very occaisionally i put the odd one back in again with the next lot.
I have about 20 assorted nappies and wash every 2-3 days. EASY!!
I can't recommend them enough :D :D :D

Get buckets, lots of buckets lol, I use them as washing baskets also as you don't loose the tiny items through holes:rolleyes:

How are you going getting everything you need for the impending arrival?

More
14 years 6 months ago #306691 by chicken_itis
Oops I mean how IS you bubby doing??? :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #306738 by NancyF
I used the Downundies as well.. friends of mine use the shaped ones.. swear by them...

One thing I'd recommend you buy is a blackboard.. attach to the inside of whichever door you exit from every morning and write things down... amazing what you'll forget to get from the fridge/bedroom/couch as you rocket out the door to work/daycare every morning... they are very useful...

good luck with the pregnancy plans... my 'little' one turns 8 today ... it seems like she was only just born...

More
14 years 5 months ago #306811 by Isla
Are you sure? They're not just for Christmas, you know! [}:)] What's the carbon footprint of every new child born in a western country?

I've just spent the last week and a half with a lot of them, teenagers en masse. Really glad I don't have any. :D

More
14 years 5 months ago #306835 by beedee
Does anyone know how Angie went with her human baby???? this topic started 18mth ago, and all has been quiet for a good year

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds