Advice from the Mum's out there?

More
15 years 11 months ago #202455 by Pumpkingirl

Birman Babe;175769 wrote: My preggie daughter is looking for a new car before bubs arrives & nothing shes liked so far has a boot big enough for the baby buggy shes already purchased :-)

My cousin and his wife brought a new Toyota stationwagon that fits their 4WD fancy schmancy baby buggy, plus it has 17 air bags. Cost a lot though :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #202528 by Neverathome stayhomemum
Hi Angie
How exciting! some great suggestions here, but I think the biggest one is... get to the movies, have sleep-ins, and meals out!

Coz, once the babe arrives, not only will you not have time, but you wont want too!

My sil uses the velco naps, not sure which brand, but she loves them. Still uses disposables when she is out and about.

My other thing would be to read up on breast feeding, and don't expect that it will come easy, but it sure is worth while, so easy once you and babe get the hang of it! Also, do some reading on immunisation, just so you have your head around the issues involved.

And, lastly, see if there is a SPACE program run close to you. (Supporting Parents Alongside Children's Educaton) It's a year long, once a week, education program - like a coffee morning and with guest speakers, info on sleep, feeding, milestones, play, baby CPR, etc. All with mothers (and fathers) and baby's around the same age as yours. Sort of like the sharing knowledge that in years gone passed would have been shared over the neighbours fence.

More
15 years 11 months ago #202530 by Neverathome stayhomemum
Sorry missed the link, here's it this time!

www.space.org.nz/

See what children do to you!!!

More
15 years 11 months ago #202539 by Angie
I recently bought an Izuzu Bighorn due to it's super sized-ness. It's a marvellous truck, and carseats would be at standing height - well, my standing height anyway (not very high). Though I'm going to need hubby to build me a step so I can hoist myself into the driver's seat once heavily pregnant.

Yes - my sister in law does the SPACE program with my lovely darling nephew and they're big fans. She's just announced her second pregnancy and the poor dear didn't want to tell me since we've been trying for some time, and they managed it straight away. Despite a touch of green-eyed monster, I'm still really happy for them, and also - she's a designer clothing queen which means LOTs of hand-me-downs for Angie.

Thanks for your offer Beedee and yes please - I'm getting obsessed with this parsley business. I didn't know that anyone lived close by - hehe SH1 is one pretty big street. We went on holiday down south and were like "we're still on our street!" :D

Echo Ridge - Dexters, Sheepies and Labradors

"Don't wait for the light to appear at the end of the tunnel. Stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!" - Sarah Henderson

More
15 years 11 months ago #202567 by medmond
Hi Angie, I agree with tonic. My wife did a lot of research and we are on our 2nd child and have never used a disposable other than the one they come out of the hospital with and she is pretty happy with her choice. So go with fuzzybunz and there is another brand similar called honey child. My wife also tends to use a folded traditional nappy for the inner when they are on the smallest size. Sard wondersoap works good for getting out those runny poos.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]permaculturing 8 sheep, 2 goats, 3 chooks, 2 kunes on 5 acres

• Toni - Northland
15 years 11 months ago #202569 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Advice from the Mum's out there?
I would send you some but don't think it would travel well in the post.

More
15 years 11 months ago #202582 by daughter1
check out www.snazzipants.co.nz for heaps of great advice. I used their fitted nappies for my 2nd daughter 4 years ago. I strongly recommend bummis whisper pants covers. Also try prefolds for a cheaper option. I actually got the hang of using pins on these but you can use a snappi fastener instead to hold them in place if you want. Prefolds are harder wearing so you can napisan them and put them in the dryer more often. they are also quite trim fitting with a bummis whisper cover! As you will see there are oodles of different nappy systems and they can be quite expensive! I actually sold off most of my snazzipants and got back at least half of what I paid! Also try pocket nappies as they were great too. If you plan on having more babies, you might also invest in a spray attachment to hose off poo into your toilet. That is the worst bit about cloth nappies if your baby tends to do messy poos! Do the internet research for sure. I am expecting number 3 soon and have bought some lovely nappies from here in Australia. They are so cute!
Dont buy stuff until you are past 12 weeks preggars though!!
Good luck and maybe check out the huggies website forums. Dont mention cloth nappies though!!!Wendy

More
15 years 11 months ago #202593 by Dream Weaver

Sunflower;175794 wrote: Alot of people on my road have twins, I could send you some water[}:)]

Lol I like it. A thousand years ago since I have used nappies, oldest 28 youngest 18. I used cloth nappies with most of them, the last 2 I used disposables when we went on holliday or out somewhere special.
My only suggestion when trying for a baby is do NOT let it rule your every thought as it so can when wanting it to happen. Try to stay relaxed and not dwell on what you are trying to achieve. You may find once you relax and stop thinking about trying it will happen easily.

More
15 years 11 months ago #202613 by jeannielea
Sard soap is fantastic for removing most stains, but easier is to get a length of microfleece and cut either into rectangles like a nappy liner, or shaped narrower through the crutch. Use inside nappies and they will both keep baby's bum dry and the yuk rools off them. Doesn't work for the newborns so well though.
You can use rounds of micro fleece for breast pads too.

More
15 years 11 months ago #202617 by kate
Hi Daughter1 and welcome to the site :D

Web Goddess

More
15 years 11 months ago #202652 by Sunflower
Smilie has the right idea...the funny thing is that next time around you will be breastfeeding, not the right time of the month to fall pregnant and wham you will be pregnant with another..lol :p
Second and third time around you get pregnant at the drop of a hat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?

More
15 years 10 months ago #205858 by Angie
I got my grandmother to give me one of her parsley plants.

I'm happy to say that it worked [;)]

A very happy household here tonight

Echo Ridge - Dexters, Sheepies and Labradors

"Don't wait for the light to appear at the end of the tunnel. Stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!" - Sarah Henderson

More
15 years 10 months ago #205859 by max2
YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

More
15 years 10 months ago #205861 by kate
Congratulations.... :D :D :D

(note to myself - do NOT accept parsley from anyone...ever!)

Web Goddess

More
15 years 10 months ago #205891 by Sunflower
Well done Angie :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds