Firefox 3 is brilliant !!!

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #13072 by GrantK
I've been using Firefox 3 for the past 2 weeks and it has been brilliant.

SO much faster than IE7, I can't believe it. Even things like clicking the Back arrow happen instantly rather than after a noticeable pause as in IE.

It really seems as though Firefox has come of age with this release. Version 2 had some problems with memory leaks, but I cannot fault Firefox 3. Given that IE8 has received a less-than-complimentary review in the latest PC World, I see no need to clog up my PC with yet more Microsoft Bloatware [V]

You can get Firefox 3 here if you're interested:

www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-rc.html

Long live Firefox :cool:

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #201688 by judes
Replied by judes on topic Firefox 3 is brilliant !!!
I have been using it for a while now, and I think it is great as well.
The only thing that is a minor irritation is not being able to change regions on trademe, some of it (trademe) is ok but there is a couple of issues. That is the only site I have had trouble with though and the trademe dudes wont change their site.
Firefox 3 is really cool. :D

Jude
Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #201714 by wino
Replied by wino on topic Firefox 3 is brilliant !!!
Just downloaded it and it is noticably faster than version 2 (whatever update number it was)

Have lost some of the add ons I love though like Linkification. Guess they will be updated when version 3 is officially released and I will be able to get them back then.

After a couple of years with Firefox I would hate to go back to IE.

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
14 years 1 week ago #202459 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic Firefox 3 is brilliant !!!

wino;175001 wrote: Have lost some of the add ons I love though like Linkification.

Wino, what version of Linkification are you using? I found if you go to the homepage of the add-on that has failed, they sometimes have the new version which works for Firefox3, but the firefox add-on engine doesn't know it yet.

I have Linkification 1.3.4, and its working fine.
Now all I need is for them to update ReloadEvery, ReloadOnDoubleClick, BugMeNot, Fasterfox, FireFTP, PermaTabs and Snaplinks.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
14 years 1 week ago #203039 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic Firefox 3 is brilliant !!!
And the official Firefox v3.0 has been released.

A lot of the 'failed' extensions havent really failed, they just aren't marked with FF3, so when FF3 starts and checks them, and they list FF2 as the max version, they fail. There is a way to edit the marking to include FF3, then the extension works fine.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
14 years 1 week ago #203243 by Rod Brown
Hi........GrantK I've had firefox 2 for about a year (since my repairman changed my new computer from IE saying this was better) and it is better too and I'm happy to take your advice and download version 3 but not really understanding what the other contributors are saying so I'm a little concerned that other things might not load properly or not be recognized leaving me in a bit of a quandary as to how to rectify it.

Meant to ask as well do we generally use the British version as opposed to the US version?

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

More
14 years 1 week ago #203289 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Firefox 3 is brilliant !!!

Rod Brown;176669 wrote: ...I'm a little concerned that other things might not load properly or not be recognized leaving me in a bit of a quandary as to how to rectify it.

Well, apart from the Adobe Flash Player, I haven't found anything that didn't load properly, but then I don't use all those add-ons that Judes and Wyseyes were mentioning, so maybe that is why.

Regarding Adobe Flash Player, I had to uninstall the old version first, before the new one would install. A piece of cake really, and that is the only very minor issue I've had with Firefox 3.

I suggest you give it a try. You can always uninstall and go back to V2 if you don't like it. So far, I have not heard of anyone who has done that, and literally hundreds of opinions about FF3 have been posted so far in various forums I have been watching.

Rod Brown;176669 wrote: Meant to ask as well do we generally use the British version as opposed to the US version?

The British version is what I am using because that was offered as the default download option. I didn't see any reason not to go for it, and I still don't.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds