Men's Health Week. 9-15 June 2008

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #12996 by reggit
Some time back a very brave and open Spoook posted on here about her experiences with breast cancer. It led to quite a few of us shaking ourselves out of our complacency, and organising getting the checks that we should be getting regularly.

This coming week is Men's Health Week. Now its time for the guys [}:)].

Being married to a guy who has had both a grandfather die of prostate cancer, and a father well on the way to an early grave from the same thing, I know how hard it can be getting some men to talk to their doctors and get the appropriate tests on a regular basis, even if they have been directly affected by this and are at high risk :(.

So please, don't be shy or blokey about it, just go and get it done if you haven't before, or if you are due for one. It might just save your life [;)].

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #200746 by max2
Its not all doom and gloom Fellas either, my Father has had a cancer in his bladder since I was in primary school which is successfully cauterised (sp?) every now and then depending on growth (has slowed somewhat in recent years) and also has been treated for Prostate cancer.

The key to it all is if you have symtoms go to the Doc and don't let any bleeding or unusual discharge persist. However small and "unnoticeable" you want it to be.

Changing your undie colour purchases to black doesn't make the problem go away either....[:0]

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #200755 by spoook
Thanks Tigger [:I] I have been six months recovering now and promise I will update the thread.

Now MEN......................go get checked............. I can tell you more men die with prostate cancer than die of it. I lost my father in April .............. the prostate cancer has taken over, along with a list of other problems. :(

If we women have to endure having our most private parts flattened to plates and peered at with spotlights on a regular basis, then you guys can at least go and have yourselves checked.
It would be nice to know you are going to be around for the long haul to share to workload [}:)]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #200757 by sod
And it dont hurt a bit just a blood test first. :rolleyes: :p if all clear thats it

All it took to make me go get it done was to visit a long lost friend and be told he was about to have the opperation a week later:eek::eek:

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds