A lonely 'coooeee' into the wee hours

More
14 years 1 month ago #12966 by reggit
Any other insomniacs out there? [:I]

Another crappy night of no sleep so far...so sitting here finally deleting a mass of no longer needed emails out of my collection of about 27,000 - wonder if that is what is slowing up my computer...? [}:)]

Ho hum...:rolleyes:

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maggies mum
14 years 1 month ago #200307 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic A lonely 'coooeee' into the wee hours
I was in the land of nigh nighs sorry! ;)

But I have been known to lie awake at night worrying about insomnia!

More
14 years 1 month ago #200310 by ronnie
Yes, I was awake around that time. But as the computer gets switched off at the wall when I go to bed, couldn't be bothered getting up and firing it up again. Switched on the telly instead.............

More
14 years 1 month ago #200311 by Andrea1
Doncha hate that? I usually have a few sleepless nights every month... good ol' peri-menopause... ugh. The longer I lie there, the more my mind fixates on things to worry about (did someone shut off the water, are the goats let in from the paddock, are Jasmine's chickens locked up, will we have enough feed for the winter, etc), with the worries escalating the longer I lie there. So I get up and watch forensic science shows on the CI channel.

Have you noticed that you wake up at the same time whenever you do wake up? I almost always wake at 1:30am. And I'm always amazed at how well I can function in the morning on only 2.5 hours sleep (I usually go to sleep around 11), but then need a granny nap in the afternoon.

Andrea
Oxford

More
14 years 1 month ago #200312 by reggit
Grump grump grump [:(!]

Know what you mean, Andrea, mine has been 4am for a while...now its suddenly switched to 'hey, why sleep at all? Let's just stay awake aaaalllll night!'

:(

Having said that, managed to solve two work issues pretty much subconsciously during that time so maybe will sleep better tonight [;)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #200313 by Birman Babe
3.30am is about my wake up time, I get up & have a pee, make myself a cuppa (which I take back to bed) then usually fall asleep till around 7am.

• maggies mum
14 years 4 weeks ago #200315 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic A lonely 'coooeee' into the wee hours
My mum once told me that she had had trouble getting to sleep one night and was pacing the house, she said she'd woken up, got up, looked out the window, saw a fox walking down the road(she don't 'arf go round the houses sometimes!;)) then went downstairs, had 2 bottles of Lucozade sports drinks..........................'nuf said!

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #200317 by The Kats Place
Too much stress tiggy wiggy!!!!

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #200323 by max2
I have had a series of extremely bad dreams of late in the wee hours, and I cannot shake them off at all, so turn on the telly from the safety of our bed and SOH is usually awake and ready for his former 3.00am start at work (12 years ago now)....

For me, and I presume you too Tigger, once the builds are over and we are both settled in situ with town houses sold, all should be right in our worlds. I have another lot of people coming through today.

I actually dreamed of a problem last Sat. night that I hadn't considered with the sums being presented to us by the loss adjuster, so first light Sunday morning I was up bashing out an email to the unfortunate few involved in our re-build, highlighting my concerns....

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #200326 by beedee
How funny, Tiggs you need my second job, thats about when I got a call out and believe me the first time ever the surrounding area was DEAD, only one truck on my travels..
. I then was hoping someone else was watching the telly on BBC about the green house debate and cos I had the volume down for the cat, got the gist of it, that this guy {prof somebody from the USA] feels that its the trapping of the CO2 emissions is the way to go as we cant stop using the fossil fuels, and we could bury the CO2 or pipe it out to far space [he wasnt for that one] and some of the other suggestions.. but the main horror was that by 2050 things are going to be a total mess.. so do I buy more water tanks... plant trees.. or dig an underground house and garden.
I use to suffer the 2am heeby jeebies and found a good amount of sugar helped, and sleep returned..
Your problem is that you are seeing all the potential womble items and have no where to store it.. you want your goat and cheese-ery NOW and the house WITH carpet, once that first bit of wood goes in you shall sleep like my cat, miko... she didnt wake up and was asleep on my stomach.. try getting up to answer the ph with a sore back and a heavy weight in the middle.. I could only laugh and ask the caller to ph back as the fax had triggered off.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #200329 by Seaside
If I find myself awake and fretting in the wee hours, I force myself to count (just numbers, not sheep - I'd only worry about lambing or flystrike or when to phone the homekill guy or something if I counted sheep). If my mind starts to drift to something else, I bring it back to counting. I've usually bored myself to sleep before I reach 1000.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

• Toni - Northland
14 years 4 weeks ago #200330 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic A lonely 'coooeee' into the wee hours
I'm usually getting home around 12.30-1am, check my emails, have a cuppa and a kai, go to bed and read till about 2am. Didn't check in here last night like I usually do. Lots of trucks on the road most nights and so far one house, which was NOT going the 80km limit and I had to very quickly pull over nearly into the ditch. They don't give you a lot of time to get off the road. Got woken up this morning by little voices downstairs. My eyes feel like dogs balls and I have to now go to the bank to get the final payment for the house, at bloody last, the plonkers. Oh, and I found my cruise brochure with a short 8 night one in it to Brisbane. Have to fly back though[xx(][xx(][xx(]. Must get some valium. That is if we go. Hubby said before, "You were joking about this trip, weren't you?" Not if there is any money left over once I have paid all the bills on the house, I am not joking. Badly need it. A year of night shifts finally gets to you. I know some people do it for years and nightime is my awake time, but I need a rest. Also the hassles of dealing with the housing people have taken their toll. The new fridge might have to wait a bit. Might have to use a chilly bin till then.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #200406 by Castle Peak
I was up at 1.50 am too. OH is away and I sleep really badly when he's not here and just badly when he is!

Last night I made a hot chocolate and sat here doing emails and then heard a possum in the roof over the office [:0]. He scrabbled around for about an hour, even getting as far as the door of the understairs cupboard which has a hole to the loft in it.

Bloomin thing! [xx(]

Went back to bed around 4.30 and slept til 7am.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #200441 by The Kats Place
Did ya get a wee nana nap this afternoon tigger?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #200446 by AdoubleJ
Try Lavender - you can get like a 'roll-on' one that you just do a couple of dabs on your forhead or use a spray one like I do and a couple of sprays on your pillow....guarantee this works!! Have recommended it to a few people and they agree......

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds