Autumn Leaves

More
14 years 1 month ago #12959 by Gracelands
Autumn Leaves was created by Gracelands
On my drive through the Waikato the other weekend, I was blown away by the rich colours of the autumn leaves this year. They were just spectacular everywhere. Even my pin oak at home, who's leaves normally just sort of go brownish and falls off is a lovely dark red, and as for the liquid ambers, words fail me.

I always thought that a few good frosts were needed for good autumn colour, but (until last week), we haven't really had too many of those here. Maybe it was the drought that did it. Does anybody know?

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #200196 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Autumn Leaves
Autumn is my favorite time of year.
I once did the rocky mountain train trip in canada during late november, heaven.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

• maggies mum
14 years 1 month ago #200197 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Autumn Leaves
The hotter/dryer the summer, the more richer the colours!

More
14 years 1 month ago #200203 by gemini kiwi
Replied by gemini kiwi on topic Autumn Leaves
This year there seems to be so more leaves around our place, I'm guessing the winds haven't be as strong this year to dispersed them.

More
14 years 1 month ago #200208 by sundaysbest
Replied by sundaysbest on topic Autumn Leaves
Autumn is my fave time of year cause of the trees - they send me into day dreams when I am riding my horse.. which is a good and bad thing! :)

Sundays

More
14 years 1 month ago #200214 by Gracelands
Replied by Gracelands on topic Autumn Leaves

maggies mum;173268 wrote: The hotter/dryer the summer, the more richer the colours!

Ah, thanks for that, MM. Good to know there was at least one good thing to come out of the drought.

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

More
14 years 1 month ago #200216 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Autumn Leaves
I was surprised too, GL, was wondering if the leaves would just go from green to falling off, but it sure is beautiful :D

And I'm busy bagging as much as I can for my leaf mould pile for next year's mulch too, nothing like playing in piles of fallen leaves [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 1 month ago #200220 by Gracelands
Replied by Gracelands on topic Autumn Leaves
Yeah, if I wasn't supposed to be busy hard at work right now, I'd be tempted to grab the lawnmower and hoover up a few catcher loads myself. I'm working from home today, doncha' know :D

Hans Christian Anderson

• maggies mum
14 years 1 month ago #200231 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Autumn Leaves
Aye it happened once in the UK when we had a summer! ;) :D

More
14 years 1 month ago #200242 by Pumpkingirl
Replied by Pumpkingirl on topic Autumn Leaves

Gracelands;173293 wrote: Yeah, if I wasn't supposed to be busy hard at work right now, I'd be tempted to grab the lawnmower and hoover up a few catcher loads myself. I'm working from home today, doncha' know :D

Gosh, you're lucky GL, I've had massive frosts here the past few days - the one this morning iced my car door shut! Never had that happen before :D

And you're working from home, my, my! That sounds pretty fine :D

More
14 years 1 month ago #200258 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Autumn Leaves
Ive had my 14th frost in 15 nights.. todays didnt go until 10.30.. and yes the colours are great.. just waiting for the back to straighten and the time to go gather for the fodder bin and compost what aint eaten, maybe tomorrow.
Cambridge was just a colour blanket on wed.

More
14 years 1 month ago #200281 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Autumn Leaves
I don't like Autum. So messy and so many leaves around. I guess though if I could see all the different colours it would make it quite special. It probably is very pretty but for me its just a dull big mess lol

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds