I'm very selfishly HAPPY NOT!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #12923 by AdoubleJ
My son, DIL and 4 children were all supposed to be flying to Brisbane this morning. He is in IT but has been unable to get any new contracts, getting very desperate so decided that they would have to go to Aus. He went over there by himself 2 weeks ago and had a few interviews. He had a second call back for this afternoon. As i have said before I do suffer from empty nest syndrome [:I] I love to have my children and grandchildren around so as you can imagine i have been very tearful. Went up on Saturday to help tidy a few things up around the place - they only decided on Friday night that they were going this morning so everything has been very rushed, trying to get washing done, kids clothes etc. They were going for a month and then decide about renting/selling their home etc. and maybe stay for 1 yr.
Well.....they rang last night and have decided they aren't going!!! YAY [:0] :D :D
Things are going to be very tight for them, very tight indeed. He is going to see if he can get a permanent job even though the pay is much less and we will help out probably with meat, grocery vouchers etc. BUT THEY AREN"T GOING!!! :D :D

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #199632 by witheze
Me too Adj! Mine went on contract , for two years, it's expired ,and rather than stay on , get sent to Melbourne from Sydney at reduced contract, they are taking redundancy and returning before Xmas with a new baby. :D

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #199643 by The Kats Place
sadly mine are in the process of packing up to move to scotland :( with new baby boy who is just five weeks old. So that will be all my grandchildren and three of my children out of the country:(

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #199649 by AdoubleJ
Awww The Kats Place - I really feel for you...... :( :( How long are they going for? (and why on earth Scotland!?)

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #199651 by The Kats Place
:( For ever. They lived there while on their OE and loved it. I'm saving already and hope to go over in 2010, it will take me that long, plus, to save enough. I also have two grandchildren in Devon so I'll be able to visit them as well.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #199653 by Dream Weaver
Hugs to all you Mums who are having to say goodbye to your kids/grandkids. Empty nest is such an awful perios in a Mums life. My last one, my daughter is 18 and her and her partner have just brought a house together and move at the end of this month. i will miss her like crazy, we are very close but thankfully she is not going to be more than a few streets away unlike my others who have gone 2 in Paramata area and 1 in New Plymouth.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #199672 by terralee
Empty nest sux................ I think that's why I am so much into all my 4 legged children:):):) ... Eldest daughter and partner live in Aussie ...went there 6 years ago with my two grandsons ... still live there with my 4 grandsons!!!!! Have not met the two youngest:( ... (can't go to see them.... long story:( petrifeied of FLYING and would go into PANIC station!!!!) so have to wait till they come home ...on the sad front there seems to be trouble brewing between her and partner and daughter is possibly coming home with the 4 boys to live ... bitter sweet really and yes we have to fund her return if it happens !!!!:(
Our youngest daughter lives in Auckland with her lovely hubby and horse:) and we do get to see them quite regularly:)
I think you are always a Mum XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #199675 by [email protected]
We have two of our three living close to us but the 3rd is in the army and we see him intermittently at the best of times. He has just been told he is off to Afganistan later in the year for 6 or 7 months which isn't the sort of news any parent likes to hear. Its six months we are not particularly looking forward too whereas he is delighted at the prospect.

4 acres with Garage/sleepout, a pond with ducks and frogs, lots of trees ready to burst into life in spring and lots of garden beds.

• Toni - Northland
14 years 3 weeks ago #199680 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic I'm very selfishly HAPPY NOT!
Kats, that is so sad. I would hate it if mine did that and lets face it one day one of them might decide to fly NZ. I have one 2 hours away and I keep trying to talk her into coming back to live down here. I just love being able to take them to kindy and pick them up and go to there sports and school events.

Terralee, I know the panic of flying. I HATE it with a passion also. I didn't even know I hated flying untill I got on the plane the first time and had a major panic attack. I flew to Sydney last year to get on the ship, but had to take a Valium and have a couple of brandies once on board, and still had the attack. It is something you cannot control. The air hostess was concerned but she had to go strap herself in the chair for takeoff, but come straight back afterwards. My sister, who used to be my cousin, her son is in Canada and she is the same and doubts if she will ever get to see them over there. She keeps sending her daughter in law stuff that will make her homesick for here.[;)]

I think it should be illegal for your children to leave the country for good.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #199693 by sandramiro
It's an awful feeling having your kids move so far away.
Our oldest is moving to China in a couple of months, permanetly, his partner is a wee chinese lass who we have never met and aren't likely to unless we win lotto and can get over there.
The worse part is that they are getting married over there in August and i can't even be there for it, i'm feeling quite robbed of a very special event in my life but i have to remember as long as he is happy then i should be happy for him even if i'll miss him every day.
I hope he gets good at sending emails and photos.[:0]
Sometimes it's hard being a mum.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #199729 by The Kats Place
One of mine got married in greece and we only got two weeks notice and couldn't get there, it broke my heart.

kats

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #199732 by Pumpkingirl
Wow, this is a sad thread for one with happy in the title.

I cannot imagine leaving my family to live on the other side of anywhere.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #199801 by Dream Weaver
Oh KP that would have been awful.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #199815 by Seaside
Thank you all for this thread, it has made me pause and appreciate what I have. Sometimes when your kids are all fighting and asking for food and taking half an hour to put their socks on and climbing into your bed at 1am every night and getting viruses and vomiting on your head and shoving chocolate chip biscuits into the DVD player and you can't lie in beyond 7am even at the weekends, it's easy to look forward to the empty nest days.

But I know I will feel the same as you. I moved to the farthest I can get from my family without migrating to Antarctica, so my karma will be that mine will do the same. And as they will have the options of NZ and European and Canadian citizenships, I will value each day they are here even more.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #199824 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic I'm very selfishly HAPPY NOT!
Well my mum and dad are following us to NZ. Their first trip to NZ will be this christmas and I shall take them around about to show them various living options, hopefully mid way between us and Auckland so they can bus hop to where ever they might want to explore....

On a side note, this morning we heard that our friend's daughter who E gets on with really well with, has been taken away by her mother back in March and they don't know where they have gone.
The matter is with the police for bigger and more serious reasons... (not involving the father). He is heartbroken, as is her stepmother who she was particularly close to....I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds