Hands up all us girls that..........

More
16 years 8 months ago #58587 by max2
Yes great news, and its nice that you were able to let us know too Kate!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #58597 by Birman Babe
Yep, certainly is good news. Thanks for the update Kate!

More
16 years 8 months ago #58605 by Valmai
tigger I dont remember the blue dye, but it would be to highlight the specific area/s. The wire is inserted into the most appropriate area (the exact center of the growth). The surgeon uses this as an indicator of where and how much tissue to remove. This proceedure is necessary coz the growth is so small it is hard for the surgeon to identify. This is a GOOD thing!!!! The earlier these things are found the greater the recovery prognosis.

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
16 years 8 months ago #58606 by Midge
Excellent news regarding the lymph nodes appearing OK!!
Yayy Spook[^]:D

Thanks for being so thoughtful as to include all of us as senders of the flowers, and for keeping us up to date Kate:D

Looking forward to reading a post from the lass herself.
Cheers:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers[:)]
www.jerseycows.co.nz

More
16 years 8 months ago #58608 by reggit
Yes, that is great news :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
16 years 8 months ago #58612 by The Kats Place
Excellent:D - thanks for the update Kate

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
16 years 8 months ago #58613 by wino
Excellent news!

I also think that says it loud and clear - get a regular mammogram ladies, if they catch it early enough it is far less problem.

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
16 years 8 months ago #58618 by jeannielea
That's so true Wino as suspicious areas can show up many months before they can be felt. That's why screening was brought in.

More
16 years 8 months ago #58619 by max2
And let's not forget the Guys with Prostate cancer checks either, its a major killer as well.[:0]

• maggies mum
16 years 8 months ago #58620 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Hands up all us girls that..........
And testicular cancer too!

More
16 years 8 months ago #58634 by kate
I've just spoken to Spoook, she is comfortable although I don't think she would say she has had a great day :( However, she is very happy that this is behind her and the cancer hadn't reached her lymph nodes. She knows you've all been sending best wishes and thanks you for them [8D]

She should be going home tomorrow and I'm sure will be posting soon afterwards...[:I]

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

• maggies mum
16 years 8 months ago #58650 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Hands up all us girls that..........
Thats excellent news! Thanks for the update Kate. Looking forward to having spoook back on her feet and posting again soon!

Take it easy spoook don't you go overdoing it once you're home!

More
16 years 8 months ago #58652 by Dream Weaver
Absolutely brilliant news. The good vibes are now being sent for a mooth and speedy recovery.
Kate, wonderful of you to send flowers from all of us, thank you and thanks for the updates.:)

More
16 years 8 months ago #58673 by terralee
:D:D:DGod Bless Spoook .........wonderful news.

Thanks kate for updates and the flowers on LSB behalf ...

Cheers:)

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
16 years 8 months ago #58749 by spoook
:D:D:D:D:D
It's all over, and boy am I so pleased.
Painkillers are working so "no brain, no pain" feeling right now. Have got heaps of drugs to keep me sedated so will be fine for a while.

Thanks everyone, I was being kept up to date about your postings and it was so wonderful not to be alone.[:X]

To explain, now I have been through it.........
first was a radioactive marker that allowed them to Xray and make a map of the nodes for the surgeon. There was no local jab to numb and it was not at all nice. He even drew a map on my skin for the surgeon, in permanent marker!

Then to have the hookwire inserted right in the lump, as it is small it meant the surgeon did not have to fossick around looking for it. He was given an Xray to show where to aim for, he just found the wire and cut the attached and a bit of the, hopefully healthy, surrounding area out.

In theatre they injected me with the blue dye which then heads to infected nodes, they removed two but they were clear.
Before sentinal node biopsy was around they used to remove all the lymph nodes as a precaution. That was part of the reason I chose the surgeon I did as he had done so much trialing on the subject.

After about and hour and a half in theatre, I was in recovery, feeling very groggy and woozy then was wheeled back to my room.
I can't believe, after not eating from 7am, all I got as a meal was some tiny sandwiches one would have made for the vicar and half a bowl of soup. :( I was so hungry. Seems it is standard for after surgery, they could have warned me, Len could have bought me in some real food [}:)] or even a strong drink :p [:I]
My nurse did get me some awesome toast and vegemite though [:X]

Did not sleep much so am now home to sleep in comfort........
plus get waited on hand and foot [}:)].

The flowers did not arrive before we left but reception will redirect or we will collect later today.
Thank you "LSB family" it was a very caring thought.

Please let my "public" experience be a warning and reminder to have tests done regularly. The problems do not start at 45 as so many women believe. It is just confusion with the free screening age.

DO IT NOW, you will then be around to tell the tale like me [:X][:I]:D

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds