Hands up all us girls that..........

More
16 years 8 months ago #58206 by beedee
Jan the reason for 45 is that the cancer lump are made up of calcified cells and they only calcify as WE get older,, the mammogram being an xray can only identify them.. so if you are a high risk person at a younger age, one should be asking for an ultrasound, which shows up the thickening of the tissue instead.
And for some early cancers even if a person is 50plus and they feel suspicious.. may ask for an ultrasound if the mammo comes back negative.
So a young person in their teens or twenties should be having U/S if at all worried.. and YES there are young folk out there so afflicted and so often missed as they get told by their doc and others... you are far too young.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #58227 by HarryPotter
Our thoughts are with you Spook. Power to you!!! Your operation will be a complete success, you will make a full recovery and continue to lead a fantastic life.

Sharing the pad with Harry the Australian Terrorist, Penny the Bearded Collie, Bev the Schnauzer/beardie and her daughters Nellie and Charlotte. (Dad was a Hungarian Vizsla) + lots of chooks. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
16 years 8 months ago #58240 by Waffling Milk Maid
Oh Spoook! ((hugs))!!!
Man oh man I've missed guys, but now I wish like nothing else I could be up there with you, and just give you a big ol hug.

Thinking of you....

Owned by a standard poodle, a couple of burmese cats, a miniature horse, & a budgie.
Also proud mum to Caleb and Piper

More
16 years 8 months ago #58248 by spoook
Thanks guys, been frantically busy all day.
De-liced the goats, trimmed and treated a few feet and drenched the girls..... and then it rained... and rained.....

Our cow is still down :( but munching on heaps of fresh hay. Her calf must have weaned itself but we managed to get nearly 2 litres of milk into it tonight.
We have rolled her onto a tarp and pulled her to drier ground under some trees and wedged her in with some plastic covered bales of hay.
It is not an easy task dragging a big cow [:0] thank goodness it happened now, not next week.
She is now covered with a "blanket" of fluffed hay and an old horse cover with a heavy plastic tarp over that. Over the whole lot is a tarp meant to keep the rain off. Let's hope she stays snuggled and sits munching all night.
Tomorrow we will try to stand her, even if we have to hoist her up in a sling of sorts.
Just what I need right now. NOT.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
16 years 8 months ago #58297 by captain zig zag
Hi Spook

Thinking of you and sending lots of love to you for Monday

Your a wonderful womoan and I wish you all the best..........

lots of love

A xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

More
16 years 8 months ago #58306 by Hestia
The bus was parked outside my work, still I didn't go out.
My mum did die out of cancer at the age of 29 and I still have this "lazyness".
A friend of mine said that she wasn't to do any test since she did not want to go thru anything like "that".
She was not talking about the smear test or the mammogramme but rather if they would find something,,,,,,.

Spook
You will be in my thoughts on monday, you will have so many people thinking about you so everything will go OK! :)

More
16 years 8 months ago #58308 by spoook
Suzanne, please go, if not for you, for me and the rest of your LSB and real family.
The test is easy, they may find something, like in my case, but the earlier they detect it the better for you.
If you don't go for the test the alternative could be that you "just go" [xx(]
In your case you have a history with your mum, please..... make an appointment. (now look I am crying)
I will expect to look on here after Monday and see when you appointment is.

Thanks Captain, and when was your last mammogramm????
As soon as I am able I will be getting your room ready [}:)]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
16 years 8 months ago #58313 by Birman Babe
Suzanne, you naughty girl! I went to that bus parked outside your work & if I'd known, I would have grabbed you & taken you as well. Next time???

More
16 years 8 months ago #58320 by Isla
Girls don't have breasts; it's women (or even the odd womoan :D) who do.

Since we're on a cancerous bent, how many of you have checked for odd-looking freckles recently? Mostly on your legs for women, but anywhere is possible, even places which have never been exposed to the sun.

More
16 years 8 months ago #58322 by reggit
Had to go in and get one checked out the other day, Isla, it had been itchy as hell for about two weeks. No problem it turns out, but was worrying me.

Hubby has had moles removed, in areas that never see the sun.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
16 years 8 months ago #58326 by grannie Mary
Isla, they DONT have to be odd looking freckles either, perfectly innocent looking ones can also be dangerous, (I know from experience) the thing to watch is when you suddenly note one that you havent seen before, even pinhead sized can be melanomas, as can also be the really suspicious looking ones. Its not what you see, its what is underneath the surface. A pinhead sized one can result in a removal that requires up to 8 stitches

Mary

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble,
It empties today of its strength."

More
16 years 8 months ago #58397 by Dream Weaver
Just popped in to say all the very best for tomorrow Spoook. You will be in our thoughts. Good healing vibes are being sent to you as we speak. Hugs

More
16 years 8 months ago #58403 by Midge
All the best from us two for tomorrow Spook - will be thinking of you[^]

Don't feel pressured into thinking that you have to keep it together at all times either - you are quite entitled to have the odd dose of the 'poor me's'
Hugs ((( )))
Cheers:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers[:)]
www.jerseycows.co.nz

More
16 years 8 months ago #58404 by max2
All the best Spoook!:):)

More
16 years 8 months ago #58408 by Hintzashouse
Ive got my first free appt after Labour weekend. Thinking of you spoook.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds