Hands up all us girls that..........

More
11 years 9 months ago #436370 by DiDi
Hugs Spook. You are an inspiration and I thank you for raising this again today as a reminder to all women to just do it... mammogram that is! I pass muster!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #436372 by max2

DiDi;435361 wrote: Hugs Spook. You are an inspiration and I thank you for raising this again today as a reminder to all women to just do it... mammogram that is! I pass muster!

did you come to my work and NOT let me know it was you?

More
11 years 9 months ago #436378 by DiDi
Ah no - had a mammogram within the last 12 months. Carrying crazy priced Southern Cross Insurance, I need to get something back from them and private Mammogram is an option I take up. Mind I have a history of a lump that as far as I am concerned is a milk duct thingie so given my girls are 31 and 30. Been there that long so very relaxed about it as are the Mammogram technicians.

More
11 years 9 months ago #436447 by jeannielea
Read in the Dompost yesterday that some pupils from Marsden College in Wellington are making pink chocolate as their Young Enterprise venture. Well they're not making it but have got Whittaker's on board. Profits from their efforts and 20cents from each bar of Whittaker's sold goes to the Breast Cancer Foundation. Its white choc with raspberry bits in it. Don't you love that 15 -16 year olds care enough to do something like this. And its a great excuse to eat more chocolate!!! So have your mammograms and then treat yourself!

More
11 years 9 months ago #436630 by kaumea
I have an appointment this week and prefere this to the smear test..it's less embarrassing :) and over very quickly. Every woman should go for a mammogramm!! It's FREE and it cost you only a bit of your time to go!!

I don't have all I love anymore, but I still love all I have...

More
11 years 9 months ago #436641 by spoook

kaumea;435727 wrote: I have an appointment this week and prefere this to the smear test..it's less embarrassing :) and over very quickly. Every woman should go for a mammogramm!! It's FREE and it cost you only a bit of your time to go!!

.... and it can save your life............... it did mine :D

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
11 years 9 months ago #436665 by kaumea
it definitely can safe your life, but you have to go!
It saved mine as well when i was only 25 years old.. they found a carcinoma in situ (cervical cancer) tiny but got it just in time...since then i'll never miss a test...never

I don't have all I love anymore, but I still love all I have...

More
11 years 9 months ago #436693 by kaybe
I started having one every year once I turned 40 as my mother had breast cancer at 45 and passed away at 47. I'm 46 this year so I'm more aware than ever of the need to have the test. Spoook, I'm so glad that you are still with us :-)

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
11 years 9 months ago #436704 by spoook
Thanks Kaybe [:I]

BTW... Topaz says "C'mon"................
So do about all the other birds in the bird room [:0] Even the baby budgies I am about to sell.[:I]
He def has taken to me, has bitten just about everyone else, including poor L [;)]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
11 years 9 months ago #436705 by jimminette
All up to date here. Did you see the Embarrasing Bodies last week. OK it's UK but they were saying the 300 men per year are diagnosed with breast cancer in the UK against 125 women PER DAY diagnosed. Amazing.

More
11 years 9 months ago #436718 by kaybe

spoook;435814 wrote: Thanks Kaybe [:I]

BTW... Topaz says "C'mon"................
So do about all the other birds in the bird room [:0] Even the baby budgies I am about to sell.[:I]
He def has taken to me, has bitten just about everyone else, including poor L [;)]

Edwin and I got a laugh out of that :D Pity he couldn't teach them Pop Goes The Weasel instead! Poor L, I know from experience how painful that can be! Hope he's practising his dirty looks [:(!] instead of yelling 'ouch!' (Never worked for me :()

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds