Hands up all us girls that..........

More
16 years 8 months ago #57958 by DiDi
spook - all the best for today and thank you for putting it all out there to make others aware. I have two yearly mamograms and am grateful that nothing has shown up despite being scared witless the first time when I was called back and then had to have a further scan and then an ultrasound scan. So do it everyone and I agree - uncomfortable - not painful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #57967 by Clods
Who do you go to to get them done? I'm not old enough to get them free, but I think the insurance covers it.

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

More
16 years 8 months ago #57969 by reggit
Get your doctor to refer you to the place that does them.

We are on RegularCare through Southern Cross. I have just checked the policy online and yes, mammography is covered.

I have just called up and made an appointment for later in the month for mine. [:I]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
16 years 8 months ago #57990 by grannie Mary
Spook great to know you are having a top line surgeon. Reassurance & knowledge really helps you to accept this blasted diagnosis. Fantastic that is was found early. You go girl, youll be fine especially as youve decided to talk about it & I know that that is a big decision. Hugs :)

Mary

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble,
It empties today of its strength."

More
16 years 8 months ago #57993 by Dream Weaver
Yes Southern Cross covers them/

More
16 years 8 months ago #58001 by oskatd
Good luck Spoook.... Still have several more years to wait until they become free, wonder if I should get one anyway....

More
16 years 8 months ago #58002 by spoook
Good on you girls for making an appointment, my fingers are crossed for you. It is not scary, nor painful.
It could save your life.

Back from the surgeon, very wonderful guy, completely comfortable with him, he explained the whole procedure. (I could have told him all about it, power of the net :D)
I now have the weekend to prepare, surgery is on Monday!!! Don't waste time do they?

Thought I could have got away for a day or so but we have a cow down, she was bloated first thing this morning. A litre of oil later, a huge belch, alot of hay and covers to warm her up.... she seems to be fine. Vet has been a couple of times so we know we are doing the right thing.
She is 15 and I have had her since she was a 4 d/old, trusts me that I would not harm her so was so easy to deal with when I had to clean her up from all the mud. She has a calf on her too, last one. Guess we will have to see how we go, may have to take over feeding it.

So I guess I will have something to keep me occupied....apart from everything else :D

The "severity" of the situation is begining to sink in now it is "real" but I am fine, I'll just go kick some ass........watch out here I come........... [}:)]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
16 years 8 months ago #58006 by Birman Babe
HANDS UP HERE!! I had my first one at the mobile van one a couple of months ago. Didnt find it unpleasant at all. Good luck with the lump Spoook..

More
16 years 8 months ago #58010 by Isla

quote:Originally posted by spoook

... I'll just go kick some ass........watch out here I come........... [}:)]

Kicking the donkey (didn't know you even had one) is hardly fair, is it?[}:)]

More
16 years 8 months ago #58011 by Suez
Sending gentle thoughts during a difficult time, had mine just last Thursday, got the all clear letter yesterday.
Kind regards
Suez

More
16 years 8 months ago #58013 by Dream Weaver
Great news to hear Suez:) Spoook Atta girl you go kick some ass. You got the right attitude, you will do fine matey. Big Hugs and all the very best for Monday. You will be in our thoughts. Good vibes coming at ya.

• Toni - Northland
16 years 8 months ago #58021 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Hands up all us girls that..........
Will be thinking of you Spoook.

More
16 years 8 months ago #58022 by Sue
My appointment is on Monday.
Fingers crossed that all goes well for you on Monday too, Spook.

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
16 years 8 months ago #58032 by spoook
Sue ...appointment? Mammogramm or ???

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
16 years 8 months ago #58039 by AdoubleJ
I get mine done on the mobile bus as well - all it takes is your tea break!!:D

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds