Hands up all us girls that..........

More
16 years 7 months ago #59594 by reggit
The anaesthetic after effects might also make you tearful, spoook, it takes a long time for that stuff to get out of your system [:I] just take it easy on yourself and go with the flow - literally if needs be and the waterworks start! As me granny used to say, better out than in!

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maggies mum
16 years 7 months ago #59595 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Hands up all us girls that..........
Go for it spoook, doesn't do you good to hold it all back! Have a good old blub,go on!

More
16 years 7 months ago #59622 by The Kats Place
It all happened so quick that you didn't really have time to come to terms with the possible outcomes. I think you are now sort of in shock. Almost like a kind of 'day after christmas' sort of feeling - you know like thats over what happens now.

When I had surgery for cancer (20 years ago) it was 5 days from visiting the GP to surgery, then while I was in hospital in the following days it started to really accur to me just what might have been the outcome. At the time I was on my own with 5 children, neighbours and friends had taken the children while I was in hospital, so I had this 'Oh my god, what would have happened if something had gone wrong'.
As you say the frustration of not being able to do much, and you get so over being an invalid don't you. Then there is the 'why me' thoughts as well. The worse is over and you have been lucky, so have a good cry if you need to and thank your lucky stars that you found it in time. This crappy feeling will pass, I promise.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
16 years 7 months ago #59624 by grannie Mary
Spoook you have plenty of reasons to feel pissed off & angry, but I promise you it will pass, as the others say, just go with the flow, feel sorry for yourself, it really helps you get better

Mary

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble,
It empties today of its strength."

More
16 years 7 months ago #59788 by jeannielea
Spook, its okay to feel that way, that's why we are still there with you and thinking about you. Going through what you have is big stuff and tears and frustration are all part of the healing process.

More
16 years 7 months ago #59800 by The Kats Place
Hows it going Spook? Every one still taking care of you? Hows the bruising?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
16 years 7 months ago #59903 by spoook
Did not sleep much last night, very hot due to (my theory) too much meat for dinner, too hard to digest.
Woke with bad headache, took panadol, had bran, banana and yoghurt for breakfast. Headache did not go away, got increasingly worse.
Got some visitors, was not feeling too good, excused myself and managed to remove breakfast from my digestive system [xx(]. Infact, I am sure it was twice as much as I ate. [:I]
Needless to say, I felt heaps better afterwards :D

Yesterday I watched the "March of the Penguins", film on emperor penguins and their breeding, amazing and so sad that they have so harsh an environment to live in.
Borrowed "Happy Feet" and watch that today, almost a follow on from the movie. Such a feel good movie, just what I needed.
Shhhh.... made me cry too [:I]

Have the surgeon's appointment tomorrow, will hear the news about the lump and further treatment, if needed. Plus the great unveiling, not something I am looking forward to. L will be with me for support, he has been amazing [:X], I still reckon he has spent more time with our cow than me but at least I can stand on my own.:D

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
16 years 7 months ago #59911 by Isla
You had enough to spare a little, didn't you Spoook? [}:)];)

More
16 years 7 months ago #59959 by Midge
Our thoughts are still with you Spook:) Nice to know Len is taking such good care of you, and the cow of course!

Is she still not able to stand alone Spook[?] How much water is she drinking each day[?]

I've found getting warm water with molasses and electrolytes into downers works wonders. At least 10 litres per go using a long neck bottle or tube - left side of cows mouth. I'm going to have my Vet teach me how to tube a mature cow as I feel it's a life saver.

Downers rarely take enough water from the bucket we traditionally plant in front of them.

Hope you get the news you want tomorrow ole girl[:X]
Cheers:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers[:)]
www.jerseycows.co.nz

More
16 years 7 months ago #59980 by Dream Weaver
All the best for tomorrow Spoook. Fingers crossed it will be nothing but good news for you.

More
16 years 7 months ago #60016 by The Kats Place
I hope your news today is the best it can possibly be, You will be in my thoughts all day - All the best

kats

• chooky
16 years 7 months ago #60052 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic Hands up all us girls that..........

for today Spoook .

More
16 years 7 months ago #60146 by reggit
Wonder how spoook is getting on?

Just had my first mammogram, not the most pleasant thing in the world, but not the most unpleasant either - they had to do an ultrasound to check out a small cyst, but all clear.

Following on from spoook's example, I have been very open about going to get one done, and as a result at least two women I know who are well over 45 who have never had mammograms done are now getting it sorted. [:I]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
16 years 7 months ago #60173 by spoook
Excellent news Tigger, keep spreading the word.
I am stunned at the "ignorance" of some women I have spoken to.
I was aware of the "danger" but was living with the complacency "it will not happen to me" [:I]
Yeah right!!!! Well it did !!!!!

Isla, are you implying I have plenty to spare, that I'm heading towards a Rubenesque figure???[:I]

Thank you ladies, for the heartfelt support, it does mean a great deal to me.

The visit to the surgeon gave me a bit of a fright for a while.
It seems he cut out the bit they had hookwired and some clean tissue around, sent if off to pathology who advised to cut a bit more around one side of the mass to be really sure. (this was all while I was out of it)
The report on that has come back that there was another tiny cancerous lump within it. [xx(] BUT .... the 3mm surrounding tissue with that was clear.
So now it is all down to radiotherapy to zap any other little unknown invaders.
None of the scans had shown that little lurker, so I got a double whammee for the price of one :D

So next step looks like every week day for 5 weeks, I get a trip to the city, yayyyy shopping !!!!!

Gotta be positive, can't make it go away.

Midge, re Tu, the lazy cow. Will post on the other thread.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
16 years 7 months ago #60174 by reggit
Treat yourself to something small but nice every day you have to go in, spoook. Great that they got that other little bit of nastiness too :D

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds