Hands up all us girls that..........

More
16 years 8 months ago #58923 by Gracelands
Heh, thats the ticket. Keep those slaves running around after you!

Glad to hear things went well Spoook. Take it easy, and remember you are worth pampering.

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #58926 by captain zig zag
Hi Spook

Been thinking of you............you take care and get lots of tlc.

can't wait to get over to see everyone...........

lots and lots of love and best wishes to you xxxxxxxxxxx:D

More
16 years 8 months ago #58967 by Valmai
Welcome back spoook I was absolutely thrilled to hear they lymph nodes were not involved (that is coz you got in early), it is all cruisy from here.
Jan The anticipation is far worse than the actual proceedure, I promise!! The technicians are without exception considerate and sensitive to your feelings of vulnerablity. Please let us know how you go on thursday.

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
16 years 8 months ago #58986 by Jan
Unfortunately due to a serious health problem when I was a kid, I have a phobia of needles (and i guess hospitals though of a lesser degree) Too much of being a pin cushion when I was little and due to the fact my veins more often than not collapsed when being prodded, its never a quick simple easy task so hence my hesitation if all things medical and sharp! Very very hard for me BUT...

Jan

• maggies mum
16 years 8 months ago #58988 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Hands up all us girls that..........
You can do it Jan! Go Jan...Go Jan.....Go girl!

More
16 years 8 months ago #59014 by spoook
Jan, I am the same. Believe me, needles give me the willies.
It was not easy for me to go through with the day but I knew it was for the best and the people were so gentle and understanding.
Remember the pain is really betweeen your ears not at the puncture point. It is all over in a deep breath and a cough, (teach that to your injectors :D) Grab the nurse's hand, they are used to it.[:I]
Breath deeply and slowly and it will all be over.
That is, if it has to happen.
Go girl, I am with you.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
16 years 8 months ago #59027 by The Kats Place
I understand what you are saying Jan - but hey - if it was one of your children (if you have any) or one of your animals that had to have a needle you would see they got it wouldn't you? Its no fun but as soon as you have had it then you won't have to panic about it because it will be in the past.
Have you got someone to go with you?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
16 years 8 months ago #59030 by jen
I'm 35 now... and 4 years ago I found what felt like a lump. I tried and tried to dismiss it.. but it was a little sore..it was definitely new... and it wasn't going away.

I waited till I had some other excuse to see a doctor (months!!) and I was really worried in the meantime (I remember it was coming up to awareness month and there were ads everywhere fueling my worries!!). STILL that wasn't enough to convince me to go.. I was just too scared!

So off I finally went to the doctor with a very sore knee.. Dr. said.. what can I do for you today.. I said "2 things actually.. a sore knee, and this lump I think I found".. needless to say the knee did NOT even get a look in! I was off ASAP for a mammogram and ultrasound.

The day of the tests was scary.. they took an xray.. then had me wait, then had me in to take a closer shot of some areas...then more waiting, then out came the xrays with circles on certain areas.. then the ultrasound.. I was there for 5 hours.. getting more and more worried as the time passed!!!

But.. in the end I was given a small biopsy on the spot and assured the lump was a cyst and that the extra checks were precautions only and I can not explain the relief after all those months of worrying about it.. Boy I was kicking myself for not going sooner. Thinking what if it HAD been something and I had just left it a little too long.

Have your checkups....have them promptly.. and trust me.. the worries about the procedures are a much smaller worry than what'd you'd have to contend with if you don't go!!

jen (returned to townie life)
community.webshots.com/user/j_nepton

More
16 years 8 months ago #59031 by kate
Someone I know ignored a breast lump for 18 months. When she finally had it checked, it was cancer :([xx(] Despite a masectomy, chemotherapy and radiotherapy the cancer spread to her brain. She died a couple of months ago. Her fear of getting the lump examined killed her. Her partner, family and friends are devastated. Lumps don't go away - if they're not dangerous then you'll be happy to find that out, if they are and you get prompt treatment the prognosis is very good. Hearing the eulogies at a funeral is a good reality check :(

Please don't stick your head in the sand - get a mammogram regularly.

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
16 years 8 months ago #59034 by Isla
I personally think that's quite enough of the death stories.

Someone I know very well, very sensibly had a melanoma and a big chunk of body removed (well, there's not much option there, really) and more frequently than the regular six-monthly checks during the following years, the stories of doom and gloom came rolling in from all and sundry. "Oh I just went to the funeral of someone who had a melanoma removed five years ago ... went to his brain ..." ad nauseum.

Do the checks, but do them for your health. Telling each other scary stories about all the people you know who died because they didn't, or didn't soon enough, is just bloody upsetting and pointless. Not that I'd tell you what I think, or anything. [}:)]

• maggies mum
16 years 8 months ago #59040 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Hands up all us girls that..........
We've all had a good wake up call over the last few days, and hopefully it will prompt more of us to go an do something about it.
Anyway I would be letting the side down if I didn't try to put something funny to bring a smile to our faces.
I was sent this in an e-mail today (hope you don't mind me putting it on, ya know who ya are!! lol) if anyone finds it inappropriate I shall delete it, but I hope you won't!

Oh, I Wish I'd Looked After Me Tits

By Pam Ayres

Oh, I wish I'd looked after me dear old knockers,
Not flashed them to boys behind the school lockers,
Or let them get fondled by randy old dockers,
Oh, I wish I'd looked after me tits.

'Cos now I'm much older and gravity's winning.
It's Nature's revenge for all that sinning,
And those dirty memories are rapidly dimming,

'Cos tits can be such troublesome things
When they no longer bounce, but dangle and swing.
And although they go well with my Bingo wings,
I wish I'd looked after me tits.

When they're both long enough to tie up in a bow,
When it's not the sweet chariot that swings low,
When they're less of a friend and more of a foe,
Then I wish I'd looked after me tits.

When I was young I got whistles and hoots,
From the men on the site to the men in the suits,
Now me nipples get stuck in the zips on me boots,

When picking them up requires some leverage,
When it's not so much lift as industrial heavage,
When there's more of a parting and less of a cleavage,

When I was younger I rode bikes and scooters,
Cruising around with my favourite suitors.
Now the wheels get entangled with my dangling hooters,

When they follow behind and get trapped in the door,
When they're less in the air and more near the floor,
When people see less of them rather than more,

More
16 years 8 months ago #59042 by reggit
:D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
16 years 8 months ago #59053 by witheze
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Spoook, glad to hear of everyone who has booked for a mammogram, I've been on the Aotearoha Screening since 40. Did get a scare a while back when a cat scratch caused a lump in my armpit [:0]

More
16 years 8 months ago #59263 by spoook
Here they are for you all to share........

Thank you very much, they smell divine. The lilies and the stocks are filling the air with a relaxing perfume. The colour is perfect [:I][:X]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
16 years 8 months ago #59291 by Dream Weaver
Aw they are lovely

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds