a boat question

More
14 years 1 month ago #12810 by devan
a boat question was created by devan
My dad is taking his rather large boat out of the marina and scraping it's bottom down etc etc what ever people do with boats :confused:
Anyway he needs some stand thingys to sit it on, i believe they go along the sides to stop it tipping over. Now its a big launch- 33ft long. Does anyone know where you can hire or buy these stand thingys from?
I will get lots of brownie points if i can find some....and believe me i always need em [;)]

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #197850 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic a boat question
We have a 33 ft yacht sitting in our back yard. It's a doer-upper which hopefully will be done by the time there's a decent mooring available at Lyttleton.

Anyway, my husband made his own cradle out of timber, with old carpet where the yacht leans on the wood. Having said that, I don't think it's a job to do if you don't know what you're doing.

Marinas will usually have cradles available for hire for use on the dry dock. That would be my first port of call. You might be able to buy one, either new or second hand. Here's an example on TM www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Boats-...uction-155925432.htm

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds