Anyone got the 'Avoid BP stations' email?

More
14 years 1 month ago #12742 by Inger
There's mutterings in the ranks about refusing to buy fuel from BP petrol stations cause they're always the first to put their prices up and they're more expensive than the others.

The writers were saying we should all boycott BP so that it hits them in the pocket. They reckon its the only way to get petrol companies to understand that being greedy isn't appreciated by the general public.

We've been avoiding BP for years. I think most people have worked out the cheapest local petrol station. Well you have to, don't you? It cost me $113 to fill up the ute the other day and that was after the 10 cent discount coupon from the supermarket ! [:0] I've never paid that much for 60 odd litres of Diesel before.

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa
Herd of Registered Dexter cattle
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry and Sicilian Buttercup poultry
Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
Polled Wiltshire Sheep, both black and white
An old Heading Dog called Lad and a cat called Pusscat,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #196969 by GrantK
Here is a web site with all the info:

www.boycottbpnz.info/

We support GULL wherever possible as they are the little guy that keeps the others honest. When that is not an option, we prefer to use Caltex.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

• maggies mum
14 years 1 month ago #196973 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Anyone got the 'Avoid BP stations' email?
They do the rounds quite regularly, had a few of them now!

We use shell, I like me Fly Buys! :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #196975 by spoook
Yes, we got the email but it is an old one, done the rounds a few times by now. :(

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
14 years 1 month ago #196977 by The Kats Place
I use which ever is cheapest, ie. which ever I have a supermarket discount ticket for. OH usually fills up for me as I have a bit of a hand problem:(. The other thing that comes into it for me is were I get the best service. On a bad day I can sometimes need them to fill up for me and the level of service and attitude vary a lot.

Shell has flybys, BP has AA points, it's really just the best deal on the day.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 1 month ago #196982 by Scouse Girl
We use Shell for the fly buys points or the Gull on Norton Road as it is always about 5 cents cheaper.

Ye know what I mean?...no!

More
14 years 1 month ago #196986 by scooter
Had to laugh (cos if i didn't, I'd cry)....I was filling up the Nissan and I was watching the $$$$$ spin by and I suddenly thought .....hell, it's never cost this much, had a quick look under the vehicle as I thought the diesel must be running out all over the forecourt! :o

Sadly it wasn't. [B)]

"My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be."

More
14 years 1 month ago #196991 by reggit
Well, if the dollar falls as exporters hope it will, meaning our interest rates might also come down, as we all want them too, then the petrol will get even more expensive for us. Whichever way it goes, hard times ahead and we've just got to find a way to live with it.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 1 month ago #196995 by witheze
I buy my fuel at New World and get 10 cents per litre off. I have noticed however it is supplied by B.P.

• Toni - Northland
14 years 1 month ago #197022 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Anyone got the 'Avoid BP stations' email?
$120 to fill my car on Sunday. I go to Shell at Warkworth as they pump it for me, I refuse to, and like MM I like me Flybuys. When she told me how much the other day I let out a yell, frightened the bejezzes out of the bloke standing behind me. She told the lady that had filled the car and was washing my windows I wasn't going to pay :) , I said I would wait till she had finished washing the car before doing a runner.[^]

More
14 years 1 month ago #197023 by max2

tigger;169808 wrote: Well, if the dollar falls as exporters hope it will, meaning our interest rates might also come down, as we all want them too, then the petrol will get even more expensive for us. Whichever way it goes, hard times ahead and we've just got to find a way to live with it.

I sent some money back yesterday and received $0.225 per aussie dollar. Last week it was $0.21 extra.

I haven't seen it at this level for some years, actually might even be about 9 years ago....

In recent times its hovered between $0.04 and $0.12.

More
14 years 1 month ago #197029 by Llew

I have noticed however it is supplied by B.P.

Ignore those emails, they're garbage & if you're working for a corporation or government department, don't for goodness sake pass them on over your employer's email.

forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8466049.aspx

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
14 years 1 month ago #197035 by sod
we go with GrantK

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 1 month ago #197036 by Llew
Don't Gull & Caltex buy theirs from BP? The boycott idea is flawed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
14 years 1 month ago #197044 by PRU2
We're Shell/Fly Buys users too :D
and yes got the e-mail too:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds