Grant - a question for you!

More
14 years 1 month ago #12733 by pkb
Grant - we are on the Iconz Extend Lite plan and have been having problems with our signal since Monday morning. Iconz tell us that it is an equipment problem at the Sky Tower and Kordia, BCL and Iconz engineers are working on it. They haven't been able to give us any more update than that for 4 days. Do you have any idea what is going on up there? Have you heard anything in your way-more-connected world? I've had to miss two conference calls already this week...

Thanks! Tricia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #196966 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Grant - a question for you!
Hi PKB,

Sorry, only just saw your message now, thanks to Inger :)

For some reason, it didn't show up in the Active Topics list. I am on the Extend network too, but it is working fine for me.

I found this on ICONZ's Network Status page:

Logged: May 22, 2008, 15:01:01 Thu Effect: Kordia/BCL outage in some areas 22/05/08 Details: We are currently experiencing minor outages with some Kordia/BCL connections. Techs are currently on site working through the problems. No ETA at present

Pretty much as you have already been told. In remote areas such as those where we both live, it pays to have a backup means of Internet Access should your primary connection fail. For us, that is a Telecom Mobile Broadband Data Card. It may pay to look into this in future. I can point you towards a very helpful person in East Tamaki, whom Swaggie can also vouch for.

Meanwhile, I hope you can get it fixed soon.

It may interest you to know that Orcon are due to release a new set of Extend plans very soon. All Telecom Xtra Wireless customers are being transferred tomorrow according to this snippet:

When will my wireless broadband service be transferred to Orcon?

Orcon will provide you with your Wireless Broadband service from May 23rd 2008.

It might pay to keep an eye on Orcon's web site to see if they can offer you a better plan than ICONZ.

Cheers,

Grant.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
14 years 1 month ago #196999 by pkb
Replied by pkb on topic Grant - a question for you!
Thanks Grant. I have dialup as a backup, which is generally fine unless I need to video conference. I'll keep an eye on Orcon...and will look into mobile broadband too.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds