Banking question

More
14 years 1 month ago #12648 by RaeM
Banking question was created by RaeM
I can normally go to the bank on the internet and check how much money we have in our accounts, but when I tried last night, it wont let me in, so also tried on the other computer and the same thing is happening, its over a week, since I had last gone on the internet to do it, I used the same numbers and the same password, as I normally do, and no its not going to let me look, so that is so confusing. What do I do, shall I take my body into the real bank on monday and see if I can get a new password or whatever is needed? Any suggestions from you wonderful people out there!

RaeM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #195541 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Banking question
If its playing up that long I'd do a personal visit and get it sorted...usually it only refuses to let you in if someone's tried (incorrect) passwords three times in a row...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 1 month ago #195542 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Banking question
Banking sites do occasionally have problems. There is usually an 0800 number you could ring and get them to check it for you.

Try again today, and if still no joy, try the 0800 number. If that doesn't shed any light on the problem, then you may just have to visit them in person.

More
14 years 1 month ago #195543 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Banking question
I'd be phoning them up - but then I try to stay out of town on principle. [;)]

Most banks have help lines which may be staffed outside normal business hours.

More
14 years 1 month ago #195545 by organicltd
Replied by organicltd on topic Banking question
If it's the National bank I had the same problem last night. Okay today now.

Wine does not make you FAT it makes you LEAN...
....against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.

More
14 years 1 month ago #195555 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Banking question
I would telephone as well.

Is it a BNZ account? I know they were improving their internet security and I had to sign up for a netguard card. I "think" they were changing the service at some point so everyone had to have one, but perhaps I have this bit wrong.

Either way I was logged in ok yesterday with my netguard card.

We had an Aussie "company" cheque cashed over the counter on a Friday afternoon a couple of years back (and I knew it wasn't us doing the withdrawal) I called the customer service number Sat morning and they traced the withdrawal to a branch nearer Sydney than us, and one we don't go to.

The CS rep gave me a reference number and she filed a complaint. I also faxed the branch involved and our branch, and because of the CS actions and my own, the branch was able Monday morning to sort through their security video and find the Asian gentleman involved in "our" transaction, using my Husband's very Kiwi (western) name... the cheque was identical to our own, but the number was 500 off where we had been issued.[^]

Our bank reimbursed us in the short term and a couple of weeks later arrests at the bank's head office were reported, with others involved being arrested and deported from Australia.[:0]
They had obtained Hubby's private details and copies of his old driving licence with his old address and it was a major sting with other small businesses involved.
Because of our quick actions on the weekend, they had video footage to use in Court.

Never leave a banking problem to the following working day, use the telephone customer service provided.....

More
14 years 1 month ago #195726 by RaeM
Replied by RaeM on topic Banking question
I have had an email from the bank to phone them tomorrow to get it sorted, and actually I am taking my kitten to the vet in the morning to have her little operation, so will go to the bank in the afternoon and do it personally, and also will get my log in number changed, as it seems that its supposed to go funny if you try to log in three times, but it was funny the first time I tried to log in with my right password. And yes it is the national Bank that we deal with.

RaeM

More
14 years 1 month ago #195727 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Banking question

RaeM;168462 wrote: I have had an email from the bank to phone them tomorrow .

Email, are your sure its from your Bank and not a fake site....[B)]:confused:[:0]

More
14 years 1 month ago #195747 by judes
Replied by judes on topic Banking question
Hi
The National bank are great if you call the 0800 number. They can fix that type of thing while you talk to them. I made a mistake with my password and they fixed it and I could use the internet as soon as I hung up from them. You will have to verify your acc using your telebanking pin number but after that they sort it. It only took about 5mins as well.

Jude
Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds