Drainage plans for goldpine shed?

More
15 years 9 months ago #12633 by jen
Hi all,

I'm now at the 50'odd working day of waiting for my building permit to put up a simple bloody shed. They have gotten back to me and want a drainage plan?

We've ordered spouting cause we might eventually run the roof water into tanks but were just going to run it to the ground in the interim.. anybody have any suggestions on what to put in such a plan? They're not very helpful at the council.. too busy I guess [B)]

jen (returned to townie life)
community.webshots.com/user/j_nepton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #195383 by reggit
Drainage plan...? We didn't need one for our Versatile 4-bay, what a pain! :(

Are you collecting water off it at all? Seems a pity to waste it letting it run onto the ground [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 9 months ago #195385 by sod
put guttering on to a down pipe then dig a soak hole under it. dont know why but councils want this now

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
15 years 9 months ago #195416 by jen
Yeah.. I was afraid of that. I don't want another soak hole. expensive to dig and you have to fill them with fairly large stones don't you? Bummm....

I figured since it was away from all the boundaries that nobody gives a hoot if I get a puddle in my paddock!!! Maybe the council wants me to put that in writing ;) Ha ha..

Yes ideally we'd like to collect the roof water in tanks but we won't have tanks ready until well after the shed goes up (buying a new one for our drinking water and plan to use the old one for roof water).. so we're trying to get around tying ourselves to a timeframe to get that sorted. We're also relocating an existing garage which currently drains to a soak hole.. but don't want to hook it back up to the soak hole as yet as this would be in the way of a future house extension we have planned.

We've got garden beds nearby, does anyone know of we can just direct the spouting to these beds?

More
15 years 9 months ago #195420 by reggit
You've got (from memory) two years from the first spade going in to get sign off on your building permit, so if you want tanks eventually, why not just draw them in the plans and be done with it?

We got off easy, didn't have to show where our water was going at all - and the front overhang didn't even have spouting on when they signed it off! [;)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 9 months ago #195432 by jen
Thats a good point tigger. That could be an option.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds