I am pi**ed off by

More
14 years 1 month ago #12483 by GBpeter
I am pi**ed off by was created by GBpeter
--by the lack of choice in NZ!!

I want a new Panasonic Breadmaker - trawled all the Nelson electrical stores (Noel Leeming, Farmers, Bond & Bond etc etc) - only one has breadmakers (?) and then only one model a Breville)!

E-mailed Panasonic for a supplier - 'try the UK because we don't sell in NZ (maybe in 09) - by the way the UK recipe book doesn't work in NZ'.

?? Why - is the flour crap, or the electricity in short supply or just the water too pure??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #193125 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic I am pi**ed off by
Lack of choice? Good God, how much do you want? Once upon a time, in my not-very-long lifetime, there was one sort of anything and people were generally far better off than the worst are now. [}:)]

More
14 years 1 month ago #193127 by FencerMan
Replied by FencerMan on topic I am pi**ed off by
If your pissed off with something as trivial as that then go and live in Europe!

Do something.

Either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

'Ted Turner'

More
14 years 1 month ago #193129 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic I am pi**ed off by
I searched for a new panasonic late last year to replace my 20year old one that had died - no luck. Bought a Breville, its OK but not as good as my Panasonic was. I know how you feel, I'm still cross I couldn't get a new one.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 1 month ago #193145 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic I am pi**ed off by
For someone not looking for a Breadmaker, I was in Harvey Norman's, or was it Briscoe's a couple of days ago and they had HEAPS of them - only I have no clue what brand as I didn't want one. No damn help at all really am I. Does TM have an I want area? Bound to be one in someones cupboard that gave up.

More
14 years 1 month ago #193155 by Castle Peak

• maggies mum
14 years 1 month ago #193159 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic I am pi**ed off by
GBP ya have to make sacrifices to live here, and to have your bit of paradise!

My family in the UK are amazed we have electricity! ;)

More
14 years 1 month ago #193160 by gemini kiwi
Replied by gemini kiwi on topic I am pi**ed off by
Sunbeam do a good alternative www.sunbeam.co.nz/products/product.cfm?sec_id=59 Should be available through Noel Leemings

• maggies mum
14 years 1 month ago #193162 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic I am pi**ed off by
Ah ha!! I've just realised what the problem is!!

GBP you had a 'man' look didn't ya! ???? ;)

More
14 years 1 month ago #193165 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic I am pi**ed off by
Peter, I don't think your going to get a lot of sympathy. We're a country of just over 4 million people - Greater London has how many? Quite some years ago it had 11 million and I don't suppose that number has decreased. With a smaller population it goes without saying that your not going to have the choice.

I have detected a growing resentment to people who immigrate to this country for the cheaper land and a lifestyle that they could never afford in their homeland and then start complaining. I admit there is much wrong with my country, as there no doubt is in any country, but the choice of electrical appliances doesn't figure high on my list of things to bitch about.

Try a Sunbeam, very good breadmaker. And no, the Panasonic recipe book possibly wouldn't work in NZ as flour varies from country to country as do raising agents. When I bought my Sunbeam it came with two recipe books, one for Australia and one for NZ

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
14 years 1 month ago #193169 by Inger
Replied by Inger on topic I am pi**ed off by
Australia uses a 20 ml Tablespoon measurement, whereas NZ uses a 15ml Tablespoon measurement. You can buy the measuring sets with the 20ml Tablespoons from Spotlight though.

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa
Herd of Registered Dexter cattle
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry and Sicilian Buttercup poultry
Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
Polled Wiltshire Sheep, both black and white
An old Heading Dog called Lad and a cat called Pusscat,

More
14 years 1 month ago #193170 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic I am pi**ed off by

GBpeter;165668 wrote: --by the lack of choice in NZ!!

I want a new Panasonic Breadmaker - trawled all the Nelson electrical stores (Noel Leeming, Farmers, Bond & Bond etc etc) - only one has breadmakers (?) and then only one model a Breville)!

GBP: As it happens, we were in Hardly Normal on Sunday and bought Inger a new breadmaker :p

She is a Breadmaker Connoisseur :rolleyes: and this is her 3rd breadmaker now.

HN have a model called Breville Ultimate Baker's Oven and it has all the bells and whistles. We got it on special at $249.

None of the other chains have this particular model apparently; it is exclusive to HN.

I suggest you have a look at this model because it is the best we have had so far [8D]

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
14 years 1 month ago #193171 by Inger
Replied by Inger on topic I am pi**ed off by
I wore out the first one and the replacement wasn't up to doing everything I wanted it to do, like being able to change the programing manually for very heavy duty bread that takes a long time to rise.

This new model is an improvement on the first model we got, so it should be wonderful. It even makes allowances for power cuts of up to 1 hour (the designer must have lived in Russell :), so that's going to be very useful. :) :) :)

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa
Herd of Registered Dexter cattle
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry and Sicilian Buttercup poultry
Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
Polled Wiltshire Sheep, both black and white
An old Heading Dog called Lad and a cat called Pusscat,

More
14 years 1 month ago #193174 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic I am pi**ed off by

GBpeter;165668 wrote: --by the lack of choice in NZ!!

E-mailed Panasonic for a supplier - 'try the UK because we don't sell in NZ (maybe in 09) - by the way the UK recipe book doesn't work in NZ'.

?? Why - is the flour crap, or the electricity in short supply or just the water too pure??

exactly why a lot of Kiwis come to Aussie for weekend shopping trips....

If you get totally stuck (and I think Harvey Norman is a great suggestion) email me and I will be happy to pop down to ours and look for you.

As an aside, I was waiting on a part for my Honda Accord some years ago that Honda Australia only had 1 of, they were going to order from Japan and as such, my car would have been off the road for 2 weeks... I telephoned our old Honda dealer in Auckland (percy honda) and they had the part to me in 2 days, cheaper too.

More
14 years 1 month ago #193178 by kaumea
Replied by kaumea on topic I am pi**ed off by
I just ask: why do you need a breadmaker?
Doing bread by yourself :D with a little ellbowgrease, tastes much better and is not so hard to learn...
and it doesn't need a machine :D

I'll give you my recipe if you like...

I don't have all I love anymore, but I still love all I have...

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds