Help...no hot water!!!!

More
15 years 9 months ago #192872 by Pumpkingirl
Replied by Pumpkingirl on topic Help...no hot water!!!!
I'm still confused (sorry!). Does that mean cold water was going up the over-flow and into the house? Or all your hot water was pouring out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #192874 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Help...no hot water!!!!
Our cylinder fills from the bottom so the pressure of water from the cold tank was forcing all my lovely hot water out of the top of the overflow pipe [}:)][:I]

Web Goddess

More
15 years 9 months ago #192919 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic Help...no hot water!!!!
B.gg.r!! :( Only consolation is that at least you won't be paying for power to reheat it! :D

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
15 years 9 months ago #192921 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Help...no hot water!!!!
That's right AJJ but with the cost of electricity as high as it is the thought of paying to heat water just for it to flow down the roof is very upsetting...

Normal service has now been resumed....thank goodness [:I] I could heat water on the fire, in the kettle or on the stove but it's not the same as turning on a tap and having hot water!!

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
15 years 9 months ago #192928 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Help...no hot water!!!!
What was the reason for this to happen. Ive had it as a problem since my new tank went in.. last year.. and got told that debris was blocking the valve, even tho I had checked it and didnt even find the smallest grain.
so I just turn the tap off at the bottom of my valve and tank and turn on when I want a gush of hot water.. then try to remeber when I race out the door to go to work.. it can either gush out the pipe and back down the gutter or just be an interesting trickle.
Hope you have no more problems and tons of hot water

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds