Duck Shooting Season

• Toni - Northland
14 years 1 month ago #12446 by Toni - Northland
Duck Shooting Season was created by Toni - Northland
I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #192632 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic Duck Shooting Season
SAME [V]

One of my dogs is crazy with fear when the shooting starts. He's banging / scratching on the door & when you let him inside he slithers under the bed. This is a 35kg Lab/RidgebackX I am talking about here:)

Plus I get woken at 6'ish every morning & I like to sleep in till at least 7am this time of year.

And then, last but not least, there are the poor ducks who are getting gunned down.

BUM BUG TO DUCK SHOOTING :eek:

More
14 years 1 month ago #192637 by gemini kiwi
Replied by gemini kiwi on topic Duck Shooting Season
Oh yes waking up to the sound of gunshots.........................................sets one off on the wrong foot for the rest of the day. Lake Wairarapa is about as far as the crow flies from our place.
Our back paddock is full of Paradise Shell ducks taking refuge.

More
14 years 1 month ago #192641 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Duck Shooting Season
I still need to stock up on a box of steels. I won't be getting a licence and going out but just sticking to the farm environs. not many ducks here, but theres still plenty in the freezer from last year.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

• maggies mum
14 years 1 month ago #192643 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Duck Shooting Season
I think one of my little wild ones, the last to hang around here may well have met her maker yesterday! :( She had gone into next doors pond, heck there were only 4 ducks, I doubt if any are left now.

Hate it here too!

More
14 years 1 month ago #192656 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Duck Shooting Season
keep wondering if any visitors will join our little flock and pond - nothing so far

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
14 years 1 month ago #192728 by kathken
Replied by kathken on topic Duck Shooting Season
i was driving home on the motorway this afternoon, and passed a van that had one of those doggie trailers on the back. there was all this stuff sticking out the grates on the sides, and as I got closer i saw it was full of ducks (dead)[xx(], all feathers and legs sticking out. YUCK :( [xx(].

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
14 years 1 month ago #192745 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Duck Shooting Season
I have a natural dam that is so close to the road that it is illegal to shoot on it - thank you G*d. Just prior to the shooting season, it fills up with so many ducks that I grin every time I look out the window. HOWEVER... this morning I looked out and it was virtually empty. The first time in 20 years. No - no shooting - I would have heard it but maybe some brainless testosterone driven dicks thought they could shoo my ducks somewhere else and shoot them. That I would not have heard.

This evening most were back but not the numbers I had so I hope every gun shooting brainless "warrior" out there sits on gorse and pricks their private bits. About as useless as their brains obviously! Now you all know how I feel about duck shooting!

More
14 years 1 month ago #192748 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Duck Shooting Season
If the birds get eaten I can understand why you'd go and hunt them, but just shooting them for the sake of shooting them...? :confused:

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 1 month ago #192751 by betenoir
Replied by betenoir on topic Duck Shooting Season
Dunno if its the general case but all the duck hunters I know either eat, freeze for later eating or give away to friends all their catch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

More
14 years 1 month ago #192753 by reggit
I probably know too many townies :( they make a big deal about going out for the start of the shooting season but their other halves wouldn't thank them for bringing home dead ducks to cook! [}:)]

Having said that, neither would I, but then hubby doesn't go out shooting them either!

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 1 month ago #192756 by betenoir
I've heard a few are like that..just out for the hunt but wouldn't know how to pluck a duck let alone cook it. Most of the rural hunters I know take their kids along and have a good few days away from the computer getting wet and muddy in very basic maimais and filling the freezer for winter. Couldn't believe the maimais on tv last night (I think) Sky tv, slippers and all the comforts you don't get at home!

More
14 years 1 month ago #192760 by reggit
Did you see the caravan parked on top of the pillar? :D

More
14 years 1 month ago #192764 by betenoir
Yep that was blardy ingenious...looks like some of those duck hunters spend more on theor maimais than they do on their homes[:0]...but I love the fact they can let their imaginations and skills run riot and just create something interesting without worrying about permits and plans etc.

More
14 years 1 month ago #192770 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Duck Shooting Season
I should add to my aggressive post above that I too have no problem with duck shooting to fill the freezer and if that is all that was happening then I wouldn't get so riled.

The reality is that for all the people we know abiding by the rules, there are idiots out there who just couldn't give a damn. Unfortunetly the only time I ever went duck shooting with a boyfriend, that is exactly what was happening and it has clouded my vision BIG TIME! Hope my generational ducks make it home in one piece given whoever "moved" them on wants shooting.

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds