Indesit products from Noel Leeming

More
14 years 2 months ago #12307 by max2
I am trying to figure out the best way to go for the new oven and gas cooktop for the rebuild.
It seems some shops only sell certain brands and not the wide variety I am used to here.....[:I]

Anyhow the indesit freestanding oven/gas cooktop seems ok as far as looking at it on the internet, but Mum has done a bit of a google and found some issues in the UK with the washing machines.

i thought it best to ask here if anyone has bought this manufacturer and are you happy with them and is servicing and spares any problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #190824 by Finn McCool
Great minds think alike Swaggie! :) I'm was looking at that oven last night on the net for my new kitchen so hopefully someone here will know the answer.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

More
14 years 2 months ago #190825 by Pumpkingirl
I don't know about Idesit as a product but I do know that Noel Leeming are way up there when it comes to poor after-sales service. Consumer (independent test group, www.consumer.org.nz ) get a significant number of complaints from members about NL.

And there is nothing on their website (I'm a member so can see all their testing) on that particular brand (but quite a lot on Noel Leeming, none of it very charitable).

More
14 years 2 months ago #190826 by max2

Pumpkingirl;163193 wrote: I don't know about Idesit as a product but I do know that Noel Leeming are way up there when it comes to poor after-sales service. Consumer (independent test group, www.consumer.org.nz ) get a significant number of complaints from members about NL.

And there is nothing on their website (I'm a member so can see all their testing) on that particular brand (but quite a lot on Noel Leeming, none of it very charitable).

bugger, back to square one.

Ok, throwing the floor open to suggestions.... should Finn and I look at the Delonghi instead?

Does NL provide the servicing, or is it contracted out to subbies for the manufacturer concerned?

More
14 years 2 months ago #190827 by Pumpkingirl
I"m not sure Swaggie. The complaints to Consumer were about things like products dying (one was a brand new computer that lasted just 7 months). When the customers asked for it to be repaired, NL just never replied, not a phone call, letter, nothing! Eventually a YEAR after making their complaint and finally taking them to the disputes tribunal they manged to get a reply (their first!) to their complaint over the computer being faulty. NL said they would only replace it, not refund their money, so it was back to the disputes tribunal again, and then they finally got their money back.

This is direct from the Consumer website...
Our advice
Take your business to retailers who know how to look after their customers. Noel Leeming has a long history of performing poorly in our regular after-sales service surveys. We often get letters from members who have had problems with this dealer. The Birches' case (the one I've basically outlined above, it was slightly more complicated but the gist of it is correct) is a personal example of why.

More
14 years 2 months ago #190829 by Pumpkingirl
Under their testing for dual-fuel cooktop-ovens (gas cooktop, electric oven), Consumer recommended:

Best in test
Smeg professional series SA9066XS
$3299
Excellent oven results for meringues, roast chicken, roast turkey, vegetables, and cookies. Very good overall oven performance. Very good cooktop performance. Has a fish burner.ButNo grill rack supplied. Oven's inefficient heat retention means higher running costs.

Best value (and best at grilling)
Westinghouse DSK965S
$2499
Good pointsGood oven results - excellent for roast chicken. Very good cooktop performance. Excellent result for grilled sausages. Best overall at grilling.ButOven's inefficient heat retention means higher running costs.CommentManufacturer recommends a maximum baking-tray size of 36cmx38cm - and this gave the Westinghouse higher scores for scones and sponge cake than a full-sized tray did.

Unfortunately, they haven't test the Delonghi, so I can't tell you about that.

More
14 years 2 months ago #190830 by max2
Many thanks PG, I was looking at the dual fuels on offer at NL simply because they were cheaper than the package deals of F & P, Whirlpool etc.

I have a 900mm Ilve dual fuel stove in NSW and its been quite a few years since I have cooked in a 600mm oven so have larger roasting pans etc...

I guess then its best to look for another retailer... and this leads me to another question. I know Harvey Norman have opened at at Hamilton and Pukekohe, do their stores sell various brand name kitchenware/cookware? I was trying to see if F & P are stocked through HN in NZ, but it appears not.

So, if not, then is there a retailer who sells a variety of brands? I tried 100% website and that is all but useless....

What other retailers are there?

More
14 years 2 months ago #190832 by pkb
I have found that you can generally haggle when it comes to buying appliances, especially if you are buying a couple of items so it is always worth being in the store and asking for their best deal. Hill and Stewart (who just shut down in Pukekohe) would always do deals on F&P stuff, and Harvey Norman just gave us a discount on a mattress when we asked. Could also be worth calling Stevens and Jenkins in Tuakau maybe to ask their prices on F&P stuff.

More
14 years 2 months ago #190834 by Pumpkingirl
Another thing Swaggie, from the Consumer surveys of members... the local stores who tend to stock a variety of different models, did much better on customer feedback, after-sales service etc, than the large ones.

Also, the big stores will try and sell you a warranty - Consumer say don't buy one! The Consumer Guarantees Act covers you for exactly the same thing and doesn't cost a penny.

More
14 years 2 months ago #190835 by Pumpkingirl

More
14 years 2 months ago #190838 by max2

pkb;163201 wrote: I have found that you can generally haggle when it comes to buying appliances, especially if you are buying a couple of items so it is always worth being in the store and asking for their best deal. Hill and Stewart (who just shut down in Pukekohe) would always do deals on F&P stuff, and Harvey Norman just gave us a discount on a mattress when we asked. Could also be worth calling Stevens and Jenkins in Tuakau maybe to ask their prices on F&P stuff.

Many thanks pkb, we have bought from Stevens & jenkins in the past, although i believe Peter has since sold the store. He was always keen to offer a good deal though.

The SOH is always a big haggler, sometimes very embarrassingly but he always gets a good deal.
I just thought I would get a head start as I have only 1 day to do the leg work, so searching away on line to see what I can find to start with...

More
14 years 2 months ago #190839 by max2

Pumpkingirl;163203 wrote: Another thing Swaggie, from the Consumer surveys of members... the local stores who tend to stock a variety of different models, did much better on customer feedback, after-sales service etc, than the large ones.

Also, the big stores will try and sell you a warranty - Consumer say don't buy one! The Consumer Guarantees Act covers you for exactly the same thing and doesn't cost a penny.

That is interesting PG and many thanks, I didn't know that.

More
14 years 2 months ago #190847 by wino
We have just bought the 900mm Indesit freestanding gas/electric stove - still in it's box waiting for the builder and the kitchen. From Noel Leeming. I'm always intrigued when people can't get service from Noel Leeming as have had problems with several small appliances and found NL were fine (one kettle in particular they gave us a different brand of higher value when the second one gave up under warranty)

Have no idea how our stove is going to go but had two very good Indesit dishwashers at different times so have faith that it will be fine.

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
14 years 2 months ago #190859 by max2
Hi Wino, many thanks for the feedback.

I would be interested to see how things go for you with the stove, when do you think installation date will be?

One of the things I liked about it in particular was the cast iron trivets, my Ilve in Aussie doesn't have those but a lesser type of trivets and we committed ourselves next time we bought to getting something more substantial.... and perhaps go commercial instead.

However as I hadn't planned on the fire, and financially things for us are at an all time low (we knew one day we would have to renovate but not NOW) so we are going to have to top up the original loan.

The original house had a free standing something or other (poss' F & P but who knows?) so happy to upgrade a bit at our expense as i want gas hotplates (LPG) but it was interesting to see the price differences between advertised packages (apart from which I have the dirts with F & P for announcing the offshore move in both countries) and so figure what the heck, just buy a good deal..... and was surprised to see the pre-packaged deals at another $NZ1,000 over anyhow.... and Indesit is made in the UK.

So look forward to your comments.... please! even if you want to email me off line. :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #190862 by wino
The builder is starting mid May - yeeeehhaaaa :D
The kitchen is going into production as soon as we source and supply a butlers pantry sink (that might be tomorrow) so hopefully it will all come together in the next month :confused:[^]

We liked the solid look of the trivets on the Indesit too. And the price was very similar to buying a 4 burner gas with separate oven once you consider the cabinetry. Looks like the sort of stove you would expect in a farmhouse kitchen too. The bigger rangehood added to the budget mind you [B)]

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds