family secrets...funny ones

More
15 years 10 months ago #12166 by Jan
Well i was shocked and horrified to learn the other day that my mother is not the mother I thought i knew [;)].

Anyway yacking as you do, we got on to the topic of fish, as my 5yr soon to be son wants one for his birthday. We got talking about when i was little and how I had to have them buried in the garden in a cardboard box wrapped in paper when they bellied up. (God knows how many cardboard boxes with fish bones were in our garden :D ). I was quite sensitive wee thing and loved my pets so no way were they being flushed down the loo [:0] ...

At one stage I had this beautiful looking tropical fish (cant for the life of me remember what it was) My brother and I were always allowed to have a special fish each. Well I loved this particular fish and every day i would just watch it swim around and that (yeah strange I know but we weren't allowed any other pets at that time). Then one morning it just wasn't there. I was heartbroken. Mum told me that it had died in the night and they had to bury it....[:0].

Well.. here is mum casually drinking her coffee..then out comes the bomb shell....she told me that my fish had actually started to eat the smaller tropical fish and she got so peeved off with it that morning... she flushed it down the loo..ALIVE...[}:)] .

I was horrified and absolutely gutted that my mother could do such a thing [:0] she murdered my beloved pet fish..and that she didn't tell me till 30 odd years later!!! But it was hard to hold a smile back though .. I still love her :D ...but she not going near my sons fish!!

Jan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #188867 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic family secrets...funny ones
when my son's goldfish died when he was away somewhere I put it in the freezer so that he could give it an appropriate send off when he came back. I compeltely forgot and he didn't notice that the fish had gone. Found it some considerable time (like you don't want to know how long) later, still frozen[:I]

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
15 years 10 months ago #188875 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic family secrets...funny ones
OK I have worse ( and it is sooo awful that the squeamish will not want to read it!). One of my daughter's rabbits aborted a hare cross. I was so blown away (knowing that no one would believe me) that I put it in the freezer to show the ex (who agreed it was) and also forgot about it afterwards. Nearly jumped out of my skin when I unearthed it from the bottom of the chest freezer some months later where it lay wrapped in a plastic bag.

Ooops sorry - just read that it was supposed to be funny not goulish! Too many hours on the puter today.

More
15 years 10 months ago #188916 by Llew
Replied by Llew on topic family secrets...funny ones
Did you read about the lady somewhere who was cleaning out her late mother's house after she'd died, and came across the body of another woman in a bag in her mother's wardrobe? It was in the paper this week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• maggies mum
15 years 10 months ago #188918 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic family secrets...funny ones
Bloomin' 'eck! Now that really is having skeletons in yer closet eh!

More
15 years 10 months ago #188930 by PRU2
Replied by PRU2 on topic family secrets...funny ones
Not a pet one, but Dad was a sparkie and the TV was broke, and he "fixed" it. He said it needed a new tube [^](it was a black and white one from the 60's).
Anyway when he went to work mum got a "TV" guy [}:)] in to fix it and it was some little thingy in the back. Both my parents have since died :( . But Dad always thought he was he who had fixed it and was so proud of the fact. [^] :D

More
15 years 10 months ago #189098 by Dream Weaver

maggies mum;161140 wrote: Bloomin' 'eck! Now that really is having skeletons in yer closet eh!

MM you are so dam quick witted, love that.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds